• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Released] Rocket Rising

Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Dec 18, 2019
I was play 5 days at mt silver or whatever its called, has the same game engine you use.. pretty much were going through a maze dodgeing reds evil pokemon ....but maybe you could use it as another cop chase or whatever.... it was a fun hour of gameplay though lol

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Jul 26, 2022
I have found some bugs, after I beat the beta (v5)

1. Sometimes the game randomly crashes when entering a battle. And that is why you always save the game...

2. My
Spoiler:
don't have Quick Attack (started this save in v4)

3. I can't quit the Skill Tracker with
Spoiler:

4. When skill checking
Spoiler:
... this happens http://imgur.com/a/D75d2

5. I went into the daycare at route 5, (didn't read that I wasn't supposed to go in there before going in there) and I randomly got
Spoiler:

6. When going into the Pewter Teleporter, and have a teleporter in Fuchsia City, you can't move, and are forced to go to Fuchsia... Annoying!

7. The Fighting Dojo fence surrounding the Hitmons does nothing, meaning you can go streight in and take a pokemon without battleing the people.

8. Bug 5 makes it so when you take one of the Hitmons, it spams "Cheater, you were only supposed to pick one." and makes you stock.

A very nice game tho! Well done! The last 3 battles were tougher than first thought, with a GREAT storyline.

If you want to check what is wrong, here's my save file :D https://www.mediafire.com/file/co095a15h8fm6xt/Save01.rvdata2

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jun 21, 2018
After accidentally picking Idra to go to the power plant with (I just assumed I had to do a mission with each of them and had the choice to do them in any order, instead of choosing one to go on a mission with) I noticed that when an enemy pokemon wakes up from sleep on the same turn Idra screams at you and makes your pokemon flinch, neither you nor your opponent's action bars ever fill up again, freezing you both in an eternal battle that requires a restart

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Sep 24, 2020
Progess:
https://www.mediafire.com/file/3mjvvjzjplw1pso/RocketRising5-5.exe

Fixed the bugs people have mentioned, and finished out the SSAnne and the Idris Cave event.
Also since people mentioned the Beedrill glitching in Viridian Forest, I changed them to behave more like Trainers with sight lines. This should make the Forest much easier to get through.

The SSAnne boat might be a little tougher if you go for the puzzles, and the Idris Cave I'm really hoping works smoothly. Let me know if I need to fix something!

I was play 5 days at mt silver or whatever its called, has the same game engine you use.. pretty much were going through a maze dodgeing reds evil pokemon ....but maybe you could use it as another cop chase or whatever.... it was a fun hour of gameplay though lol

Oh, I looked it up, it's a Five Nights at Freddy's kind of thing! I watched a Let's Play, it looked difficult!

I have found some bugs, after I beat the beta (v5)

1. Sometimes the game randomly crashes when entering a battle. And that is why you always save the game...

2. My
Spoiler:
don't have Quick Attack (started this save in v4)

3. I can't quit the Skill Tracker with
Spoiler:

4. When skill checking
Spoiler:
... this happens http://imgur.com/a/D75d2

5. I went into the daycare at route 5, (didn't read that I wasn't supposed to go in there before going in there) and I randomly got
Spoiler:

6. When going into the Pewter Teleporter, and have a teleporter in Fuchsia City, you can't move, and are forced to go to Fuchsia... Annoying!

7. The Fighting Dojo fence surrounding the Hitmons does nothing, meaning you can go streight in and take a pokemon without battleing the people.

8. Bug 5 makes it so when you take one of the Hitmons, it spams "Cheater, you were only supposed to pick one." and makes you stock.

A very nice game tho! Well done! The last 3 battles were tougher than first thought, with a GREAT storyline.

If you want to check what is wrong, here's my save file :D https://www.mediafire.com/file/co095a15h8fm6xt/Save01.rvdata2

1. Yeah, I suspect that there's a memory leak somewhere in the battle scripts, which causes it to crash every so often. I need to pin that down somehow and fix it.
2. I'll need to test that, some Pokemon haven't been getting moves that they should
3. Fixed in the current patch! Pikachu, and all other Pokemon after it, were missing the "EXIT" event in their skill checker.
4.Should also be fixed with the newer Skill Checker look
5.The Daycare is blocked off more properly now.
6. Hmm, I think I've fixed this by adding in a conditional setup for Fuchsia but no Pewter, but I'm not sure. So when trying to use the Teleporter in the base, you want to go to Pewter, but if you have teleporters in both you end up being forced to go to Fuchsia?
7. Ahh I can't believe I missed the fence thing! Dangit. It's fixed and should be impassable now.
8. I figured I might have missed something and added the "Cheater" thing in as a failsafe. You're only supposed to have one!

I'm glad you're enjoying it! And the bug reports help so much!

After accidentally picking Idra to go to the power plant with (I just assumed I had to do a mission with each of them and had the choice to do them in any order, instead of choosing one to go on a mission with) I noticed that when an enemy pokemon wakes up from sleep on the same turn Idra screams at you and makes your pokemon flinch, neither you nor your opponent's action bars ever fill up again, freezing you both in an eternal battle that requires a restart

Oh that is a bad thing. Okay, I've made it so that any Pokemon you meet in the Power Plant will be very resistant to sleeping, so that should make it very unlikely that they wake up at the same time as Idris yelling.

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Jul 26, 2022
You're really not good at blocking places off that you aren't supposed to go in... See what I found north of Cerulean city on way to Bill... The bushers don't block you :D. BTW: DON'T enter the Vermillian City fan club, as you get stuck in endless dialog. :D

How do you take over Vermillion City. Have beat SS Anne, defeated Pokecenter and Pokemart

The Fuchsia teleporter is still wierd: http://imgur.com/a/RcvEM

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Jul 26, 2022
WARNING: SPOILERS FOR LAST BOSS IN V5.5

Spoiler:

Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Dec 18, 2019
hey im pretty sure I finished whats to do, everything went smoothly in the idres event, very great event, don't want to spoil but really enjoyed it. thanks for a high level pokemon at the end too, ummm I really enjoyed the guy saying sorry lass , you got to go LMAO, and the grimer reference in the side of vermillion lol, awesome garbage, love the humor.... hopefully lt surge raichu is really strong if theres a rematch , idk maybe use all of vermillion electricity on raichu to give it max power ...dim the lights wherever its at no? but dam everything you put on in the update is must play....thanks again! p.s. can I take over vermillion yet, or is that not till later?

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Sep 24, 2020
Progress: Finishing up the Vermilion Base, you can get six points by: attacking the Pokemon Center, the PokeMart, fighting Lt. Surge, taking money from the old woman to not hurt her son Louis, hitting the SSAnne, and by purchasing SlowpokeTails from the Rockets in town.
I'm also trying to include the Gym Leaders as sort of... optional challenges depending on where you are in the game.

I also need to come up with way, way more Recruitables. The Saffron and Vermilion bases are very empty.

You're really not good at blocking places off that you aren't supposed to go in... See what I found north of Cerulean city on way to Bill... The bushers don't block you :D. BTW: DON'T enter the Vermillian City fan club, as you get stuck in endless dialog. :D

How do you take over Vermillion City. Have beat SS Anne, defeated Pokecenter and Pokemart

The Fuchsia teleporter is still wierd: http://imgur.com/a/RcvEM

Agh I really don't bump into things ever so I never end up testing objects that block stuff! It should be fixed by next patch.
OH, I understand the Fuchsia problem now! I didn't put in an exit processing event, so when you teleport it just keeps going down the line of options! Okay, I can fix that.

As for Toxic, I don't think it's super OP? It's not a damage move, it's only 85% accuracy, and you can only use it on one enemy at a time. It's probably just a good strategy!
But I'll bump it down to 80% acc.

hey im pretty sure I finished whats to do, everything went smoothly in the idres event, very great event, don't want to spoil but really enjoyed it. thanks for a high level pokemon at the end too, ummm I really enjoyed the guy saying sorry lass , you got to go LMAO, and the grimer reference in the side of vermillion lol, awesome garbage, love the humor.... hopefully lt surge raichu is really strong if theres a rematch , idk maybe use all of vermillion electricity on raichu to give it max power ...dim the lights wherever its at no? but dam everything you put on in the update is must play....thanks again! p.s. can I take over vermillion yet, or is that not till later?

I'm so glad the Idris event has gone smooth for people so far.
There might be a rematch with Lt Surge, maybe not, I have to focus on the other gym leaders right now. He does seem the type to not let it go.
Vermilion takeover will be next update!

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Apr 15, 2023
Not sure how you did it, but the daycare glitch is fixed and my Pikachu is lvl 30. Thanks :D

Azewilous

Lord Aze
Years
I keep getting a crash while battling my rival in Slyph Co.
It usually appears after one of my Pokemon dies in battle.
328f783d200b165259b5b0ef3a8adc13.png

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Jul 26, 2022
BTW: When evolving Magikarp it dosen't learn anything besides Rage.

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Sep 24, 2020
Progress: I don't know if anyone else has been having this issue, but I've been noticing some serious lag in the game where, every few seconds the rate will just... drop. Very noticeable when the character is moving.
It's been bugging me, and I think I found out the problem! It has to do with the Show and Erase Picture events, which ends up building up junk and lag the more pictures you use. And RR uses a lot of pictures.
So next patch should be a real actual patch and make gameplay smoother!

I keep getting a crash while battling my rival in Slyph Co.
It usually appears after one of my Pokemon dies in battle.
328f783d200b165259b5b0ef3a8adc13.png

Only when your Pokemon dies? Interesting, I'll see if I can figure that out.

BTW: When evolving Magikarp it dosen't learn anything besides Rage.

Ahh right I need to go through all the Pokemon when you first get them, then when they evolve and mutate, and make sure their moves update accordingly. I'll make that a priority for patch.

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Jul 26, 2022
I would say, after 100+ uses of Splash, Magikarp/Gyarados would stop ... trying, and do some real damage, because lvling it up is a pain

Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Dec 18, 2019
anyone else think theres a little bit of a lack of equips.. I enjoy my black sludge and I found simple claws... maybe some of the empty quests that are left can give them out as reward, ohh and I think areodactyl needs better moves.... sky attack, crunch ?

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Sep 24, 2020
Progress as of 8/21: I'm halfway through the League competition, but since each round gets successively difficult, I'm adding in some extra side stuff so you can go get exp between rounds if you're struggling. Little missions with the Recruits, stuff like that.

I found an issue, I am stuck is safari zone warden's back yard.

Are you using the most recent version? That bug should be fixed.
https://www.mediafire.com/file/3mjvvjzjplw1pso/RocketRising5-5.exe

anyone else think theres a little bit of a lack of equips.. I enjoy my black sludge and I found simple claws... maybe some of the empty quests that are left can give them out as reward, ohh and I think areodactyl needs better moves.... sky attack, crunch ?

Yeah I have some equips I need to scatter through the world, but it was hard to do when I didn't know when the game was going to end. Need a proper power curve and all that.
I'll throw those in the second pass.
Fair point about Aerodactyl, I'll look at giving him more/better moves.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Dec 18, 2019
how are the rockets gonna get the volcano badge without the secret key LOL.pokelogic lol looking forward to the update man!

Back