• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen X/Y General Chat and Speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.

shengar

♥ Mikan Enthusiast ♥
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jun 25, 2013
And we thought Black/White brought revolutionary changes. This gen will surely put Pokemon on another level.

Compared to what they did in Generation 3, Generation 5 was much more a drastic change that revolutionary. But yes, another revolutionary changes is great. I hope the changes come more on the story and character side though.

Mr. X

It's... kinda effective?
Years
That will be the case otherwise there would be no point, it was noted that you get extra EXP for taking out all 5 in one hit.

More for all in one hit? Wow... We don't really have a whole lot of moves, right now, that can do that do we? All that comes to mind would be earthquake, explosion/selfdesruct (proably, but yeah... kinda stupid to use this move against a horde) and possiably surf. Oh, and dark pulse too... probably.

I can see specific moves being given a targeting range. A lot of basic moves, tackle and scratch, would be limited to one hit. I suppose that bubble/bubblebeam could hit 3, same with most of the blade-like moves (leaf blade, night slash, move like that.). Most fighting moves would proably be limited to a single target, and the elemental punches would be limited to a single target. Bite and it's related moves would be a single hit too.

I'm intrested in how many would attack you per turn or if you can cause the entire horde to disperse if you take out the leader (the strongest, usually)

Oh, and how protect/detect would work.

Last edited:

blue

gucci
Years
There's actually about 34 moves that hit all opposing Pokemon on the field, most of them with high power but some are available to access early with reasonable power on such as Swift and Acid.

SnowpointQuincy

Seeker of FRIEND CODES
Years
What will Clauncher evolve into? He starts as a Pistol Shrimp. They click their claws so hard that it stuns prey. The implosion generates heat close to the heat of the Sun.

What will it become? A Mantis Shrimp. Here is the Oatmeal's take on it.
http://theoatmeal.com/comics/mantis_shrimp

Here is NatGeo's Video.
http://video.nationalgeographic.com...rabs-lobsters-shrimp/deadliest-mantis-shrimp/

Mantis Shrimp have a literal Bullet Punch. Creating Implosions just like the Pistol Shrimp except they are bigger and EAT EVERYTHING.

The shockwave is called "sonoluminescence" if you want to learn more.

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Oct 1, 2021
I think Clauncher will definitely be a mantis shrimp since it also has the bubble bullet thing going on, and it is bigger. Hopefully it stays pure Water type though.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
I think Clauncher will definitely be a mantis shrimp since it also has the bubble bullet thing going on, and it is bigger. Hopefully it stays pure Water type though.

Clauncher is actually a pistol shrimp. There's a difference between pistol shrimps and mantis shrimps. Pistol shrimps snap their claws shut so fast they create a "bubble bullet" that stuns or kills potential prey. Mantis shrimps rapidly extend their claws to create shock waves that do the same purpose.

Anyway, I hope that Clauncher evolves into something that looks as cool and is potentially useful. I wonder what would happen if it got Dragon Dance as an egg move, like Corphish/Crawdaunt?

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Oct 1, 2021
Clauncher is actually a pistol shrimp. There's a difference between pistol shrimps and mantis shrimps. Pistol shrimps snap their claws shut so fast they create a "bubble bullet" that stuns or kills potential prey. Mantis shrimps rapidly extend their claws to create shock waves that do the same purpose.

Anyway, I hope that Clauncher evolves into something that looks as cool and is potentially useful. I wonder what would happen if it got Dragon Dance as an egg move, like Corphish/Crawdaunt?

I guess I should have clarified that by "will be" I meant after evolution... I'm aware that it's a pistol shrimp. I was actually the one to post every thread about "animals to be Pokemon" that I wanted a pokemon based off of a pistol shrimp.

And yes, I want for both Clauncher and Skrelp to evolve into aesthetically useful, and competitively useful fully evolved forms. They are both so wonderful to look at as it is.

SnowpointQuincy

Seeker of FRIEND CODES
Years
I love how ugly/cute Skrelp is. As a poison type you need to be gross to some degree, but balancing cute and ugly is hard. Skrelp pulls this off. He looks poisonous, sicly, but cute at the same time.

Y2A_Alkis

Been there since day 1.
Years
I, personally, am pretty excited about the new fossils - hopefully there will be!
I'd love some new type combos:
Electric/Rock -> Marsupial Lion
Ice/Rock -> Xiphactinus Audax / Ichthyosaur

Years
I love the way the Pokémon move when attacked, it seem slightly more organic than Gen V's movements when they're being attacked.

Yeah I'm loving all these new improvements, the last game I remember seeing that being portrayed was on Pokemon Battle Revolution I think. I do hope all the 3D models of the Pokemon are looking great, but it will take ages before they are all revealed.

At least I did like how 5th Gen introduced scenes where attacks now pan in when attacking individual foes and pan out when Pokemon on your side are getting affected by an attack as well.

blue

gucci
Years
And I love to see they are adding 4-5 Rivals i this X & Y saga. Wow so far the highest number....

Agreed, I much prefer this to having just one or two rivals as they've done over the past five generations and it will be interesting to see which Pokemon the remaining rivals will be taking.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen May 16, 2014
I cannot even contain my excitement for these games guys. I can't wait to see the storyline. I'm amazed with the amount of awesome fire types they've revealed so far. Usually we are short on fire types, at least until much further in the game. But now we have the freakin awesome Talonflame, who I bet still has another evolution, and the lion (Litleo I believe?)

SnowpointQuincy

Seeker of FRIEND CODES
Years
Not every character in the suporting cast is a "Rival". GF might just want to add more characters.

One of them is a Rival who will challenge you repeatedly. One will compare pokedex with you. One is forming a dance team.

They can be your friend, but why are they all your "rival"

Austin1395

Dark-type Trainer
Years
I love that they added a large supporting cast in this generation. Black and White had it right, where you had two friends at the beginning and each of you got a starter. However, the problem I am seeing with having such a large supporting cast at the beginning, with five total including the player character, is the starter distribution. Obviously you will get one, and your neighbor, the character who is the opposite gender player character as you, will get one, but, who else gets one? And what about the other two characteres? The way I see it, you and your neighbor will get one, and if I had to guess the character who compares their Pokedex with yours will get the other starter. But then, what of the other two? I'd guess that if this regions Proffesor is giving all 5 characters a Pokemon, one will be an Eevee, what with the new Fairy type eeveelution and all, and that the other character will have either some random Pokemon they got from the wild, or the Proffesor will give them a more rare and hard to obtain Pokemon. Or I could be wrong and all 4 other characters already have a Pokemon, since it has been revealed that the start is like the start of the 3re gen games, where you are the new kid moving into town. This is all speculation though.

Honest

Hi!
Years
I personally love the 5 rivals thing. More opposition, and it gives the game more flavor, imo. As for the starter distribution, I think it's a pretty good guess to assume one of them gets Eevee, like you said Austin. And as for the last one, perhaps some random Pokemon, or hell, maybe even a wild Pikachu. Obviously that last one's as stretch.

SnowpointQuincy

Seeker of FRIEND CODES
Years
Pikachu might live in Kalos. I don't think they are adding very many new pokemon this time for obvious reasons. A lot of time was spent overhauling the other portions of the game. A lot of classic pokemon will return.

I hope Cleffa is availible early, or any Fairy. I'm Excited to see them in action!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back