• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Anthony Green Power House 1

anthonyrossbach

CEO SBIH Inc.
Years
I have used this in hundreds of battles and have not lost yet, even to fire decks!

Pokemon
3 x Venusaur
4 x Ivysaur
4 x Bulbasaur
1 x Torterra LV.X
1 x Torterra LV.X
2 x Torterra
2 x Grotle
1 x Turtwig
1 x Turtwig GL
1 x Turtwig
1 x Vespiquen
3 x Combee
1 x Yanmega
2 x Yanma

Trainer/Supporter/Stadium
1 x Night Maintenance
1 x Rival
3 x Bebe's Search
2 x Rare Candy
1 x Rare Candy
3 x Team Galactic's Mars
1 x Cyrus's Conspiracy
1 x Lucian's Assignment
1 x Warp Point
1 x Looker's Investigation
1 x Energy Search
1 x Pokemon Rescue

Energy
16 x Grass Energy - Basic

Pokemon
020.jpg
020.jpg
020.jpg
051.jpg
051.jpg
051.jpg
051.jpg
077.jpg
077.jpg
077.jpg
077.jpg
122.jpg
DP09.jpg
017.jpg
017.jpg
049.jpg
049.jpg
017.jpg
085.jpg
103.jpg
039.jpg
079.jpg
079.jpg
079.jpg
017.jpg
128.jpg
128.jpg

Trainer/Supporter/Stadium
120.jpg
113.jpg
109.jpg
109.jpg
109.jpg
102.jpg
102.jpg
010.jpg
126.jpg
126.jpg
126.jpg
105.jpg
092.jpg
088.jpg
109.jpg
117.jpg
115.jpg

Energy
grass.jpg
grass.jpg
grass.jpg
grass.jpg
grass.jpg
grass.jpg
grass.jpg
grass.jpg
grass.jpg
grass.jpg
grass.jpg
grass.jpg
grass.jpg
grass.jpg
grass.jpg
grass.jpg

Last edited:
Years
What sets are the Pokemon from? And why is Turtwig GL in there? It serves no good purpose since it cannot evolve into anything, and it isn't very energy efficient. It's also skimpy on the trainers and supporters.

Years
How is it not energy efficent, I only use what I need and I have not been taken down yet!

I meant that the Turtwig GL wasn't energy efficient for the damage that it did.

Also, just so you know in case you ever decide to take it to a tournament, the Venusaur, Vespiquen, Yanmega, Torterra, and both Torterra Lv. X that you are using are not legal in the Modified format as of this month, which is the format all tournaments use. Only Majestic Dawn and all sets printed after it, and cards that were reprinted in those sets such as Rare Candy and Bebe's Search, are legal for the Modified format now.

I was posting from an alternate account earlier, by the way, since I was too lazy to sign out and post with this account.

Last edited:
Years
I know they are, I moved to a small town since making the deck so its hard to get any cards that are new!

Just making sure you knew... you should research some energy fetching means since Roseanne's Research isn't tournament legal any more, either. I personally like Interviewer's Questions from HS Unleashed, but there's still the issue of getting the Energy cards at the top of your deck in the first place. The format may end up resorting to running one or two Energy Search just to get some energy out.

Is there something like a big box department store in your town or a town nearby yours? Packs are usually abundant at American ones like Target and Wal-Mart in my area.

anthonyrossbach

CEO SBIH Inc.
Years
Just making sure you knew... you should research some energy fetching means since Roseanne's Research isn't tournament legal any more, either. I personally like Interviewer's Questions from HS Unleashed, but there's still the issue of getting the Energy cards at the top of your deck in the first place. The format may end up resorting to running one or two Energy Search just to get some energy out.

Is there something like a big box department store in your town or a town nearby yours? Packs are usually abundant at American ones like Target and Wal-Mart in my area.

Ya here to but I am like 4 hours away from a wal-mart.

anthonyrossbach

CEO SBIH Inc.
Years
Try ordering online from Wal-Mart, if they have the cards for sale online.

Why I have no use for new cards, I live in a town where I cant compeat so I do play with a friend once and a while but that is all I can do since I moved here 2 years ago. I played before in Edmonton but not here as there is no league!

So na, don't need new ones, maby when I go on a trip I will get a pack but other then that na.

Years
  • Seen Oct 5, 2010
Well statistically speaking, if you post up a deck, the general assumption is that you want some advice or critique, or at least have a means to improve the deck. Hell though, there are some online places you can order cards from, ebay and gamingetc come to mind for me.

One thing you should definitely do though is get rid of Rival. Worst supporter ever. Stick another energy in there, ANYTHING but Rival. You play that card and the two cards you really need are getting shuffled back into your deck. Any smart opponent will choose three cards that you'll probably have no use for, and utterly screw you over in the process. That card is never worth it. Ever.

Also, if you want to play more competitively, but aren't near a league or anything, check out Redshark. It's basically an online peer to peer pokemon vs session where you can try out new decks against people across the world (or at least those you have some means of contact with). You'll need a program called Hamachi as well to set up the network. It's free, download it. If you want I'll even face this deck and give it a more thorough testing.

anthonyrossbach

CEO SBIH Inc.
Years
Well statistically speaking, if you post up a deck, the general assumption is that you want some advice or critique, or at least have a means to improve the deck. Hell though, there are some online places you can order cards from, ebay and gamingetc come to mind for me.

One thing you should definitely do though is get rid of Rival. Worst supporter ever. Stick another energy in there, ANYTHING but Rival. You play that card and the two cards you really need are getting shuffled back into your deck. Any smart opponent will choose three cards that you'll probably have no use for, and utterly screw you over in the process. That card is never worth it. Ever.

Also, if you want to play more competitively, but aren't near a league or anything, check out Redshark. It's basically an online peer to peer pokemon vs session where you can try out new decks against people across the world (or at least those you have some means of contact with). You'll need a program called Hamachi as well to set up the network. It's free, download it. If you want I'll even face this deck and give it a more thorough testing.

Thanks, I have found rival to be the card that lets me win, all my cards help me and as my Pokemon need a lot of energy's they usualy give me the energy cards and put trainers and Pokemon back in the deck but it don't mater eather way i found it always helps. But it is all about what you like.

Years
  • Seen Dec 2, 2010
The format may end up resorting to running one or two Energy Search just to get some energy out.

What's the point in using "Energy Search" in a single type deck?
You might as well fill this spot with extra Grass Energy and give "Inteviewers Questions" a better chance.

Years
What's the point in using "Energy Search" in a single type deck?
You might as well fill this spot with extra Grass Energy and give "Inteviewers Questions" a better chance.

Don't get me wrong, I like Interviewer's Questions, and I've been a big proponent of it since I first saw it, but decks may run *shudder* Energy Search to get guaranteed energy when they look without having to use a Supporter on it.

Years
  • Seen Dec 2, 2010
Don't get me wrong, I like Interviewer's Questions, and I've been a big proponent of it since I first saw it, but decks may run *shudder* Energy Search to get guaranteed energy when they look without having to use a Supporter on it.

My point is, since this is a single type deck that uses only Grass Energy, there's no point in using an
Energy Search when Energy Search could just be another Energy card instead.

Back