• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Green With The Original Battle System

Deto-Nate

Kiphacks is Back!
Years
I am in the prcess of remaking the origianl battle system from 'Pokemon Green'. I will be remaking the 'Pokemon Green' Game to demonstrate the 'Battle System'. My aim is to release this game, so that people can use it as a basis to make any 'Pokemon' game they want from it. All the systems will be included, and everything will be very easy to tweak and customise. I am not settin a time for when i will release any Demo's or anything like that, But im ready you will be happy with what you get.

Below is the only screen i am releasing and it is of the title screen.

pokemongreen3xd.png

funnybunny

Advanced RM2k(3) Coder
Years
Wow, you sound very confident of pulling this off. Seeing you singnature you use to be a (rom)hacker, but RMXP or RM2k(3) is a lot diferent and a lot harder. You have to make everything not editing. I sure hope you can pull it off.

Jeff_PKLight

RMXP User
Years
Cool, can't wait to see how it turns out! :)
Oh, and I think the rules here state that you need a screen of the actually gameplay.

Deto-Nate

Kiphacks is Back!
Years
I aint bothered tomake any gameplay yet, all i am focusing on is the input of all data needed at the moment, for instance i have completely addaed every attack and all data for them. I will pull this off, im not just confident, im certain that i will do it. I know 'Rom-Hacking' is alot different but i got to my peak in that, i was the first person to ever completely edit the title screen of Gold/Silver including the animated bird flying on it, without any assembly coding or without decompressing the 'title-screen' first like Jazz did back in the days of the 'TAN Forums'. I have been practising with rm2k3 for over a year now and can do anything i want with it, i know exactly what i want and how to do it. It will be done! The hardest thing about making a 'Pokemon Battle System' is coding in all the AI of the trainers and how enemy 'Pokemon' respond to your 'Pokemons' Actions in battles and how 'Enemy Pokemon' decide on which attacks to use, but that isnt a problem for me, Give me awhile. When i do actually decide to release a demo it will be of the battle system only, not the game. You will be able to choose any pokemon and battle any pokemon, choose any moveset you want and have a proper battle. This battle system WILL be more realistic than the 'Netbattle' one, if any of you have ever used that. Give me time and i will give everyone a game, which will act as a 'Pokemon Construction Set' for building your own game with.

Sorye HK

Looking around here and there
Years
  • Seen Dec 1, 2021
I wish you very good luck on this. It will help many people. You could get use some stuff from the rm2k3 version of the CBS the group's working on.

Deto-Nate

Kiphacks is Back!
Years
Thanx for the offer, i appreciate it. I would prefer to do everything by myself from scratch though, I like working alone and i will get it done quicker that way. This should only take a few weeks to finish the actual battle system, dont know about the game though.

Dawson

The Rebirth Is Upon Us
Years
If it is an actual game then you're supposed to release an in-game screenshot to keep the thread open. But it seems to be more like the other battle system thread so I dunno what to do, but Daegon hasn't locked it so I guess it stays open.
Good luck with this, you seem very determined to pull it off. I just hope that your determination can stay like that after you get some serious work put in.

Deto-Nate

Kiphacks is Back!
Years
Sorry, if i had a in-game screenshot i would put it up, but i dont at the moment. I aint even started making the actual interface of the game, just doing all the coding that hides behind the mask, so thta the game will run how i want it.

Blizzy

me = Scripter.new("Noob")
Years
serpenter said:
whear a scren shot? i wanna see a screenshot
if you look at the first post, you'll see the screenshot,
which is the titlescreen.
and before you post, you might check your spelling.

good luck on the battle system!

Deto-Nate

Kiphacks is Back!
Years
I will release a screenshot, whe there is something to release a screenshot of. I dont have an interface made yet, so what would be the point in putting up a screenshot of the onlything that has been done, which is the coding?.

Years
The title screen looks great! Coding the AI wouldn't be too hard, I can think of code for it right now but my problem is that I haven't coded all of the attacks and types in yet so I can't make complete AI for it yet..
Sometimes working solo is not the best idea.. I am a good coder but I'm terrible with co-ords and pictures.. Also you run into a lot of problems which you didn't foresee while making the code... I wish you luck and I'll be here if you need some help but just don't underestimate the task you're undertaking.

Deto-Nate

Kiphacks is Back!
Years
Alright thanx i appreciate the advice and like you say, i am expecting problems to occur that i havent forseen. There is nothing that i feel will prevent me from completing it though, so i will press on with the coding.

* Jade *

Banned
Years
  • Age 49
  • Seen Dec 9, 2005
Itz been a while, Kiphacks.

This is really awesome and I am looking forward to this.

Have a nice day,

~Jason

Deto-Nate

Kiphacks is Back!
Years
Hey Shiny, long time no speak ey!. how you been? are you working on any project at the moment? you will like this when im finished, trust!. I am gonna make one town in the game so i can release a screenshot today, just so i am following the rules like every1 else.

Naas02

Cerulean cool trainer
Years
  • Age 39
  • Seen Jul 13, 2007
you seem confident which is always good and I hope you have very few problems with your project :)

Deto-Nate

Kiphacks is Back!
Years
I have had a long weekend of doing things other than this, like going out and stuff. I will continue work on this project now.

rm2kdude

Advanced Pixel-Artist
Years
  • Age 34
  • usa
  • Seen Oct 30, 2022
hmm nice title the battle system is not that hard at ALL the only hard part for me is the pokemon identifyer or something like that and yet I havn't figured that out but I know everything els though.

Deto-Nate

Kiphacks is Back!
Years
what is the pokemon identifyer? and i have decided to use old gbc graphics rather than gba, this will keep the retro effect.

Back