• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Saddest Pokemon Episode

Status
Not open for further replies.

QuietDragon

a wavering flower, a bird taking flight
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Oct 20, 2023
Hurry Up Masato! Rescue Ralts!
Hikozaru's Tears gets me sometimes...
The end of the Manaphy movie. 'Are you okay?' 'No... but I will be.'
T-T
The end of the first episode too. Classic scene, that one. (both original and movie version, but prefering the original for the lovely dialogue x3)

Parts of Hapinasu the Happy Nurse are sad too.

The Lucario movie's ending. Actually, many movies' endings. Latios and Latias' final Sightsharing scene...

*LuckyStarIsLucky*

Ell Ess I Ess
Years
yeah
poke movie 1 is the saddest movie and pikachu's goodnbye is the saddest episode. when i first saw it when i was like nine, i almost started to sob,almost.,..

Skaterzpenguin

Vulpix!? In my backyard!? :D
Years
  • Age 33
  • WI
  • Seen Feb 14, 2013
I think the saddest one was when pikachu almost left ash in that one episode...
Another one I thought was sad that Larvitar was scared who ever was around him(except for his friends). Now Larvitar left ash. :(

Years
  • Seen Jul 16, 2013
The one where Pikachu almost left, and the first episode, just because Ash was having a rough time starting out as a trainer. :O

Commander_Latios

The man of Eternal Boredom...
Years
i forgot one last part i thought i should mention, the one what really took the cake.

Mewtwo's origin. where he meets that little girl and is so happy to have friends, and then she dies..... that was so depressing, i swear I went a little bit emo for a while watching it.

Jorah

What do I put here?
Years
  • Age 33
  • UK
  • Seen Aug 18, 2021
Pikachu's Goodbye. I remember watching it when I was 10 and hiding behind a cushion, crying XD But now I don't find it very sad. Bye, Bye Butterfree made me have a few tears in my eyes when I watched it last year because I had not watched Indigo league in about 6 years.

Unfortunatly, I could never find Gotta Catch Ya Later or A Poached Ego sad because I watched Advanced Battle before Advanced and knew that Misty and Team Rocket's Pokemon had left. It would be much sadder if I hadn't known

The only movie I've found sad is the 9th, Manaphy was just too cute to leave behind...

Cheez

Infinity©
Years
  • Seen Nov 19, 2021
There was this one episode, I believe during the Orange Islands, about Charizard being frozen by a Poliwrath. Felt really sorry for 'Zard.

Commander_Latios

The man of Eternal Boredom...
Years
Pikachu's Goodbye. I remember watching it when I was 10 and hiding behind a cushion, crying XD But now I don't find it very sad. Bye, Bye Butterfree made me have a few tears in my eyes when I watched it last year because I had not watched Indigo league in about 6 years.

Unfortunatly, I could never find Gotta Catch Ya Later or A Poached Ego sad because I watched Advanced Battle before Advanced and knew that Misty and Team Rocket's Pokemon had left. It would be much sadder if I hadn't known

The only movie I've found sad is the 9th, Manaphy was just too cute to leave behind...

i can agree with ye on some points. I, too, never found gotta catch ya later or poached ego sad, mostly just because it wasn't saddening to me. the pikachu episode i've already said was the saddest episode for me.

the ninth movie, though? nah, not for me. i was glad when it ended, manaphy pissed me off to no end. I seriously wanted to shoot the TV at several points during the movie.

Daisuke33

The Ultimate Unreal Hero
Years
Gotta Catch Ya Later: By far this episode was one of the saddest ones I've seen. When Misty and Brock left I was nooooooooooooooo!!!!! When I first saw it a few years back. Now it makes me look forward to Misty's cameo appearances in the main series, and her episodes in Chrinocles. And Brock comes back so I don't really miss Brock that much when he leaves especially at the end of Battle frontier when he and Ash parted again, but Ash did'nt really seem to care this time compared to the end of the Johto episodes lol.

Once More with Reeling: Besides the horrid pun dub title, I was sad when May and Max left the group. I was getting used to having 4 people in the party too. Poor Max got shafted, no pokemon, his sister leaving for Johto, and he has to go home. Hope we get to see him again, but by then he'll probarly be a good trainer, maybe with a Ralts xD. Seeing Dawn makes me miss May. I admit May had a shaky start but as the seasons pasted she became freaking good, probarly more better then Dawn could ever be, but I woul'nt count Hikari out yet. But May was "Original" group coorindator and her rivals were more funnier and cooler then Zoey and Nando are. I miss Drew now ;; and Harley of all people too ;;. Hope we see them again in a future D/P episode.

Ársa

k.
Years
I don't know what the ep. was called, but in the First Series when Ash tries to run away and leave Pikachu with the other pokemon was pretty sad. That was the only true one from me. (I only thought it was sad because I was something like 8...) I haven't seen it in ages though.

~T_S

Sanctuary

Member #11,352
Years
Pikachu's Goodbye. I remember watching it when I was 10 and hiding behind a cushion, crying XD But now I don't find it very sad.

Ditto! It was entirely the same with me, and I really believed that Pikachu would leave.. so I cried saying Ash's Pikachu was leaving. XD
Yeh, I was a big cry-baby. XD

LittleMiss

Ghosts are Special
Years
I agree about Manaphy, that movie was so sad in certain parts. When Latios dies that was really sad. There is a bunch more I kinda of forgot.

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Feb 9, 2008
Yeah I agree with the first poster...
The episode with the blizzard and the cave and the pokemon...that was so touching...
All so the espisode "Pikachu's goodbye" that was sad, I thought Pikachu was really leaving when I first saw it...

Tater Tot

I used to be popular here~
Years
  • Age 16
  • Seen Jan 15, 2017
Gotta catch ya' later was by far the saddest episode in pokemon history, and the one where Ash catches Charmander.

supertails

Dictator
Years
Out of the entire series, which episode touched you the most?

Mine has to be one back in the early days of Kanto. Ash and his Pokemon were caught in some blizzard and Charmander was keeping everyone warm with its tail. Then they played that sad song and Ash and his Pokemon all cuddled up for the night.

Man, that almost brought me to tears... Almost.

I am so with you on that though it doesn't match the thread tile.

Years
I think Gotta Catch You Later was probably the most emotional episode, especially because it blatantly reveals Ash and Misty's feelings, which had not really been done as out in the open before. This is what made it the "saddest" episode for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back