• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Released] Pokemon Lightning Yellow

IceGod64

In the Lost & Found bin!
Years
nice game :) but i think it will be funner playing as ash since playing as leaf green and fire red characters is kinda lame

Opinions, the game. YOU like Ash. What if Desbrina likes Red better?

Some people like protagonists that are silent because they don't sound more unlikeable every time they speak... Or maybe they do, but they don't speak so it never happens.

Anyway, that's all I'm saying about that, I don't want to clutter up Desbrina's thread. Keep up the good work!

hmm, i'll have another look when i get home. i don't see why the error occurs, and why it only affects certain users.

as for the text boxes, can you let me knoe a couple of ones it doees it with

Speech bubbles, like when you check your wii in your room, talk to your mom, etc.

Years
  • Age 35
  • UK
  • Seen Mar 26, 2024
The text problem is something to do with compiling, since before its compiled it works, but after it doesn't. I'll have to look into it

You can see what i mean by this
issue.png

PiaCRT

[i]Orange Dev[/i]
Years
Thanks, it worked :_D

I'll get that Channeler sprite done ASAP, but as you can tell I'm more of a GSC Spriter so it may be kind of small.

Years
  • Age 35
  • UK
  • Seen Mar 26, 2024
ok, new release tonight
Fixes the learn move bug and the text box bug

Will be available about 1 hour after this post

Years
  • Seen Oct 16, 2012
i caught a shiny pidgey and when i go to battle with it, it is glitched.

here is the picture: i1193.photobucket com/albums/aa343/pozdercabogdan/Untitled.png

(i removed the period before com)

also, i can't seem to get past cerulean city. Ive beaten the gym leader, talked to bill, and got dig from team rocket. the guards still won't go away.

Years
  • Seen Aug 25, 2014
Congratulations on getting moved to the showcase. Here are my comments for what you have so far:

1. I've found the dialogue of some npcs and trainer battles to be pretty inaccurate compared to the real game. While it's a minor nitpick, it gets bad when you are travelling through virdian forest, where EVERY trainer says the same thing. It looks boring.
  2. When I enter trainer battles, the background becomes black, while in wild battles the background shows. Also, while the animations of the pokemon seem impressive at first sight, some of the frames tend to glitch out. I also find it awkward that the animations stop at a weird-looking fram every time you select a move. I personally feel that this game doesn't even need the animations.
  3. The Pewter City Gym plays the same music as the town theme from the outside, it sort of ruins the feel of the Pokemon Gym. Even worse, the gym battle with Brock played the EXACT SAME MUSIC. It didn't even play the trainer battle music. It completely wrecked the intensity of the battle, fix it.
  4. You've got some transparency issues going on with the tiles of the Pokemon Center.

This has a lot of potential, but it needs some polishing.

Years
  • Age 35
  • UK
  • Seen Mar 26, 2024
Congratulations on getting moved to the showcase. Here are my comments for what you have so far:

[*]I've found the dialogue of some npcs and trainer battles to be pretty inaccurate compared to the real game. While it's a minor nitpick, it gets bad when you are travelling through virdian forest, where EVERY trainer says the same thing. It looks boring.
i think that was probably where i started using the yellow script. i get them changed to the official text

[*]When I enter trainer battles, the background becomes black, while in wild battles the background shows. Also, while the animations of the pokemon seem impressive at first sight, some of the frames tend to glitch out. I also find it awkward that the animations stop at a weird-looking fram every time you select a move. I personally feel that this game doesn't even need the animations.
I'll have a look at why its not showing the background.
The animations themselves are fine, its rmxp/essentials thats causing the problem. I've been looking into getting the animations to play when they stop. It annoys me

[*]The Pewter City Gym plays the same music as the town theme from the outside, it sort of ruins the feel of the Pokemon Gym. Even worse, the gym battle with Brock played the EXACT SAME MUSIC. It didn't even play the trainer battle music. It completely wrecked the intensity of the battle, fix it.
Thaks for the infio, i forgot to change the music before hand. That'll be sorted in the next release

[*]You've got some transparency issues going on with the tiles of the Pokemon Center.
The inside tiles or outside. i knoow there is an issue with the shadoiw on the outside tikles

This has a lot of potential, but it needs some polishing.
Thanks

Years
  • Seen Aug 25, 2014
I'm talking about the outside tileset:
Image1.png

Notice that the roof is completely transparent, and the shadows aren't really working.

Years
  • Age 35
  • UK
  • Seen Mar 26, 2024
InsanityLives said:
dosent start for me, missing some DLL

Are you running the latest version?
What DLL is it saying its missing?

i caught a shiny pidgey and when i go to battle with it, it is glitched.

here is the picture:
Untitled.png

(i removed the period before com)

also, i can't seem to get past cerulean city. Ive beaten the gym leader, talked to bill, and got dig from team rocket. the guards still won't go away.
Both those issues are fixed in v0.10
The animation problem is an error with the animation iteself

hgsschanneler.png

Hope it's good enough for you.
Thanks, its great. This is now included in v0.10

There is also several other errors that bogdan pointed out in PMs
Fixes missing encounters on Route 25
Fixes several issues with Cerulean Gym

The Dig mans houses has been added and TMs 08/44 are available now on the SS Anne (though no one will have gotten that far because of the Cerulean bug)
Fixes missing battle backgrounds
Updated trainer text in Viridian Forest

Version 0.10 will be released tonight.
For those stuck at Cerulean there's two issue that need to get sorted.

First off, if you have seen Bill, the PC name won't have changed. You need to talk to him again to solve this
Secondly you need to fight the team rocket trainer, even if you have previously beaten him. This will allow you to leave Cerulean

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 35
  • UK
  • Seen Mar 26, 2024
Alright, i was going to upload the patch tonight (its done and ready to go), but my internet has decided its going to go on a go slow so i'll try and get it uploaded tomorrow

Back