• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen I hate the Dream World so much I wish it would burn to ashes

Do you like the Dream World?

• Total voters

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
The main thing I dislike about the Dream World is the amount of time it takes to connect to it. :|
Also, I don't really like it or dislike it now. It was fun at first, but it's boring now.
Yeah it is pretty slow on certain connections. ;( when I went over my cap at first it was terrible really. Sooo annoying!

I remember the first time I used Dream World, it was fun. But really, you always do the same thing, and that what makes it boring. I agree with some people, I'm not using Dream World because "it is fun to play" anymore, I'm using it because it became like a chore to me now. The thing is, I'm playing it but not enjoying it.
:( it sucks you feel that way! But I do understand why you feel that, though.

Dream World is pretty bad and I have a computer.
But everyone who has used it has a computer XD;

Years
  • NY
  • Seen Jun 2, 2013
Great idea. Sucks beyone mortal belief. I'm on their right now. I've been through 4 areas. I haven't gotten so much as an item. Then you find something: male=useless. Great. Dream Rada is better. I would be willing to pay way more if they got rid of DW. I think it's worth up to $15-$20 to not have to deal with that.

Years
I'm... mixed on my opinion of the Dream World. I thought it was a cool feature, and being able to get the hidden abilities was awesome, but there were many drawbacks too. The fact that it was on the computer, you could only play an hour a day, it was on the computer, you could only take one pokemon back with you or something and the fact that it wasn't just a part of the games annoyed me. It really could have been implemented into the games, and simplified a bit which would have been nice tbh. And I think it ate my Victini, as I put it to sleep and never got it back. >[

Also, I don't understand how one could meet a pokemon in their dreams, and then bring them back to reality!? These "dreams" of my pokemon seem drug-induced if anything.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
I'm also mixed on the dream world. The pokemon's new abilities are nice (though I would've perfered if they had given the Magby line Drought) but the restriction and the mini games are quite boring making the thing boring imo.

Amateur Conductor
Years
  • Seen Feb 20, 2013
I've never been able to connect, the website is always down for maintenance whenever I try. Yay bad luck

I really hope I get it working sometime, though, it seems interesting.

roosterman

Freaking annoying!
Years
strange, thought i posted here.
it really was a bad move on their part. i would be fine with it but every time i get on, it does the tutorial over again. anyone else have this problem?

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Feb 28, 2024
Personally I enjoy the Dream World, however I do admit it's far more clumsy and awkward than it could have been. Here's hoping we see an improved version (or something similar) for Gen VI.

Treecko

the princess without voice
Years
now let me ask you: How would they put this on a DS?

Exactly what I'm thinking. To me , it doesn't seem like something that would be possible to do on the DS. I don't see how they could put all the mini-games and all the other features like your house and going to the Island of Dreams, on the DS card. I honestly think it works better on the computer. And this may be just for me, but the Dream World loads fine on my computer.

Personally , I like the Dream World, thought it was a neat concept to be able to interact with your Pokemon more. While the games can get boring at time, they're pretty fun imo. The only drawback I have is the one-hour time limit it has. I sometimes don't get everything done in a hour cause I don't focus on just doing the Dream World, I do other things too. So I usually end up running out of time. Plus I hate that you can't go back until 24-hours.

Years
Exactly what I'm thinking. To me , it doesn't seem like something that would be possible to do on the DS. I don't see how they could put all the mini-games and all the other features like your house and going to the Island of Dreams, on the DS card. I honestly think it works better on the computer. And this may be just for me, but the Dream World loads fine on my computer.

Personally , I like the Dream World, thought it was a neat concept to be able to interact with your Pokemon more. While the games can get boring at time, they're pretty fun imo. The only drawback I have is the one-hour time limit it has. I sometimes don't get everything done in a hour cause I don't focus on just doing the Dream World, I do other things too. So I usually end up running out of time. Plus I hate that you can't go back until 24-hours.

i agree the 1 hour limit wasn't really needed,especially since you can't go back in 24 hours anyway which was not really needed either. i really like the Dream World too,especially being able to find non Gen 5 pokemon there,especially since they are not obtainable since post game.

I also find minigames really fun and addicting aswel,my favorite would be Blowing out Candles(probably because i like Ghost pokemon) and Collecting Gems with Sableye(it reminds me of Pokemon Ranger so much,which was the first Pokemon game i owned and sadly lost it's cartridge).

Years
Although it's cumbersome and poorly designed, I like the Dream World simply because the Pokemon you catch are usually at level 10 and you can use whichever ball you like to catch them, so it's nice if you like to use a certain type of ball for your teams.

Also, I caught a Level 100 Dream World Arceus in a Luxury Ball. So not only do I have the rare privilege of Arceus in a ball other than the Cherish Ball, but I'm the OT (as opposed to an Event OT) meaning I have the privilege of nicknaming Arceus. I named it Zeus and equipped it with a Flame Plate.

Back