• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Art of RNG [RNG Guide & Discussion]

Years
  • Seen Mar 18, 2021
The SID can be found in few (reliable) ways. One is to use the Action Replay code for it if you happen to have one. Another way is to upload your Pokemon to Pokecheck.org. The third way is to use a flash cart and PokeGen. If you cannot do any of these, perhaps someone here will be generous enough to help you. You could trade a filler Pokemon caught by that game and they could use it to figure it out for you.

Actually for catching normal Pokemon, it's pretty much the same thing as catching the shiny ones. You just don't check the box marked "look for nearby shiny frames". So when the seeds are generated by RNG Reporter (or PPRNG if that's what you are using), you will get a mix of non-shiny and shiny seeds (though mostly non-shiny of course).

Ok, well my DS does not want to connect to Internet, so I can't use Pokecheck or send someone a filler, my Action Replay does not want to work, so I can't use the code method, and the flash cart method is way too complicated for me. Are there ANY other methods that don't involve Internet, Action Replay, and aren't too complicated?

Last edited:

tabor62

[b][color=#CADB5A]W[/color][color=#C8DA4F]h[/color
Years
Ok, well my DS does not want to connect to Internet, so I can't use Pokecheck or send someone a filler, my Action Replay does not want to work, so I can't use the code method, and the flash cart method is way too complicated for me. Are there ANY other methods that don't involve Internet, Action Replay, and aren't too complicated?

There is another way, but it requires you to have caught at least one shiny with the OT that you are trying to find the SID for.

Cordelia

Banned
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Nov 21, 2014
rosa-2039.jpg

OT: Toph
ID: 9
SID: 9​

Oh yeah, ready to play B2 now!

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
Nice Lumineon! I'm not a big fan of Lumineon's shiny coloring, but I am a fan of that HP Grass! I've still yet to ever use one in-game actually.

Cordelia

Banned
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Nov 21, 2014
I've started to master B2W2 Entralink RNG! My haul for today (cleared out my forest):

012.png
533.png
012.png

Gurdurr ♂ Lv. 25
OT: Prim | ID: 7
Nature: Brave
Ability: Iron Fist
IVs: 31, 31, 31, 9, 31, 0 Ice 54
EVs: Untrained
Moves: Rock Throw, Wake-Up Slap, Chip Away, Mach Punch
Non-Redis

007.png
72.png
007.png

Tentacool ♂ Lv. 10
Nature: Bold
Ability: Rain Dish
IVs: 31, 3, 31, 31, 31, 31 Dark 70
Moves: Poison Sting, Supersonic, Constrict, Giga Drain
Non-Redis

012.png
81.png
012.png

Magnemite ♁ Lv. 10
Nature: Sassy
Ability: Analytic
IVs: 31, 4, 31, 31, 31, 0 Psychic 63
Moves: Tackle, Supersonic, ThunderShock, Gravity
Non-Redis

Years
  • Seen May 15, 2013
Can anyone please help a fellow member out? For some time I have been trying to RNG with my 3DS XL on Pokemon Black 2. I already connected to pokecheck, already found out my Secret ID, but what got me was finding my Vcount, Timer0, and Vframe. Is RNG'ing on the 3DS XL the same for the normal 3DS? If anyone is already experienced with RNGing on the 3DS XL (or 3DS if its the same), I would be ever so grateful if you could share with me some tips on doing this, including the part when you synchronize your clock with your computer. ._. It's impossible since there are no seconds on the 3DS clock...

Griffinbane

I hate Smeargle.
Years
tbh, most of us are not qualified to answer that question. You're dealing with several whammies here: B2W2 is much more difficult to RNG than BW, the part where you have to RNG with some external clock, there's like a 8 second delay when using the 3DS, most of us don't even OWN a 3DS, those that do RNG with their lites...It's just not pretty.

Since you're stuck right there at the beginning of finding parameters, check the first page in this thread and scroll down until you see an RNG abuse guide. That part should be the same.

Years
  • Seen May 15, 2013
tbh, most of us are not qualified to answer that question. You're dealing with several whammies here: B2W2 is much more difficult to RNG than BW, the part where you have to RNG with some external clock, there's like a 8 second delay when using the 3DS, most of us don't even OWN a 3DS, those that do RNG with their lites...It's just not pretty.

Since you're stuck right there at the beginning of finding parameters, check the first page in this thread and scroll down until you see an RNG abuse guide. That part should be the same.

Ok, thank you!! :) I guess RNGing, manipulating IVs, and EV training isnt for me after all. >.< From all the problems ive encountered, its just not worth it anymore i guess. Playing it for fun is the way to go for me! ^.^ hahah thanks again!

Musica

PPPPPDPPPPP
Years
Ok, thank you!! :) I guess RNGing, manipulating IVs, and EV training isnt for me after all. >.< From all the problems ive encountered, its just not worth it anymore i guess. Playing it for fun is the way to go for me! ^.^ hahah thanks again!

Don't give up just yet. Just try the easiest one--Standard Seed abuse on Black/White. If you still have Generation IV Games (Diamond, Pearl, Platinum, Soul Silver, Heart Gold), you can learn RNG Abuse on them for starters. If you have a DS Lite/Original, use that instead. It would be much much easier to RNG Abuse on that for Gen V.

If you still pursue to learn B2W2 abuse first... (Take note that this can apply to BW, too!)

This only covers CALIBRATION PROCESS. If you want to learn more about RNG Abuse, read this. Blade has a very nice guide.

NEEDS:
.NET Framework (Latest for Win Vista/7)
RNG Reporter 9.96.5 Beta
Eon Timer
3DS and a retail copy of Black, White, Black 2, or White 2
Patience x 99999999

1. Get something that can use Sweet Scent (Foongus is very common)
590.gif

2. Get a Master ball and a lot of Rare Candies [OPTIONAL, but highly recommended. Do not worry, you won't lose them afterwards]

3. Go to the Pokemon League, go to Victory Road's last floor, save your game.

4. Turn off your 3DS or exit the game.

5. Go to the WiFi settings of your 3DS and look for its MAC Address.

6. Open up RNG Reporter 9.96.5 and look for Profiles Tab on the upper right corner of the window

7. A new window should have opened up this time and look for "New" <-- Click it

8. Enter a Profile Name (Using the name of the version you are playing is fine, or just use whatever you want)

9. Enter ID and SID. If you don't know your SID, just put 0.

10. Look for Find DS Parameters (This is where it will get really tricky)

11. Fill up the blanks on the right side first: Version, Language, DS Type, DS Mac Address. Leave Held Buttons alone.

12. Fill up the Date. For the purposes of this discussion, I will let you do a specific Date/Time combination.

Date: February 25, 2013
Hours: 12
Minutes: 15
Seconds: 30

13. Set your DS' Date to 02-25-2013 (Same as date above)

14. Now open up Eon Timer, make sure 3 tab is chosen

Fill up EonTimer with:

Mode: Standard
Pre-Timer: 30000
Target Frame: 0

14a. Look for the Settings of Eon Timer (lower left corner)

Look for the following settings and change them
Countdown Mode: Audio
Action Color: leave it as is
Sound: Beep (But I prefer Ding)
Action Interval: 500
Action Count: 6

Then click SAVE

15. Change your DS' Time to 12:15, but DO NOT CLICK "OK" YET!

16. This is a bit tricky, but here it goes. Click OK on your 3DS while clicking START on EonTimer. Make sure you do this at the same time!

17. At the end of the timer (the beeps/dings/ticks/pops will help you), you should've pressed A to start the game. DO NOT PRESS ANY BUTTONS AFTERWARDS!

18. As soon as you see the intro vid, enter (continue, new game, etc window) the game as fast as you can. DO NOT TURN ON THE C-GEAR!

19. Immediately use Sweet Scent on the field and capture any Pokemon you encounter.

20. Use Metalkid's calculator to determine the IVs of your caught Pokemon. To use the calculator is self-explanatory, but to make it clear for you...

20a. You will only fill up
a. Select Pokemon
b. Select Nature
c. Select Characteristic
d. (Scroll down and find Default Level) Change Default Level to the Level of your caught Pokemon, then click Update beside it
e. Now fill-up the blanks for the HP, Att, Def, SpA, SpD, Spe
f. Click Calculate. If the range of your IVs is quite large (i.e., 0-5, 6-10, 11-16, etc), feed the Pokemon a Rare Candy then repeat step e, but this time, on the next row since your Pokemon leveled up. If the IV range is still large (a difference of 5), feed it another rare candy and repeat e to f.

21. After getting the IV range (or exact IVs if possible), enter these data to DS Parameter Finder Window on RNG Reporter. Click SEARCH.

22. If you get a result, then good for you. If not, repeat the process starting on STEP 12.

23. Multiple attempts on Black 2 or White 2 is highly recommended as the Timer0 fluctuates a lot. Find the most common Timer0 you hit and use that on your Profile.

If there are more questions, feel free to ask. I may answer them, but not specifically for 3DS. Mac and/or Gonz0 (if he's here) can help you. I do not own a 3DS, sadly.

Cordelia

Banned
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Nov 21, 2014
Anyone still RNGing lately? xD I haven't done much in about a week... been annoyed with DW lately. I need to get back to it, but the natures are trolololo.

tabor62

Years
Anyone still RNGing lately? xD I haven't done much in about a week... been annoyed with DW lately. I need to get back to it, but the natures are trolololo.

I have, but only as breeding requests on my thread, so I don't really post em here.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
I haven't RNG'd in a while. I just haven't felt like it, being so busy with school. I've been playing Silver a lot lately, since my friend replaced the battery for me. I've been busy with the card game too...collecting, anyway. lol

I haven't RNG'd anything for myself in a long time though. Everything I've done in the past month or so was a request or challenge.

Cordelia

Banned
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Nov 21, 2014
I am mostly doing the B2W2 entralink RNGing for myself. It's nice to have no pressure and just do it. I haven't done my requests in a bit though :( I might beg Tabor to do them. ;)

lineofdeath

...overuser of the ellipsis...
Years
Hi, does anybody know if there is a rng reporter that works on mobole devices.

tabor62

Years
My first Wondercard RNG \o/

648.png
#648 Meloetta (LV 50)
Cherish_Ball_summary_IV.png

OT: SPR2013
2.png
ID: 03013
Modest - Serene Grace - 31/31/31/31/31/31 - Untouched
Round - Teeter Dance - Psychic - Close Combat

Now if only I had learned how to RNG when they released more events for Black/White.....

Cordelia

Banned
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Nov 21, 2014
Very nice job, Tabor! I'm going to get my Meloetta(s?) on Thursday. So, I'm super excited guys! I got my German Black in the mail n_n soon shall have non-flashcart abused German Pokemon. :D I already have the save and everything n____n

Back