• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen The Next "Seasons"

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Oct 1, 2021
A move involving complete darkness would be awesome. Blackout maybe? Where Dark-Types are benefited and accuracy is lost, or Pokemon will flinch or be immobilized out of fear.

Miss Doronjo

Gaiden
Years
Birthdays

Alright, so, birthdays. According to a source, the birthday of the player can be used to trigger certain in-game events.

The following is quoted form bulbapedia, but, these are some of the things that happened that was dependant on certain birthdays, or just things that are involving birthdays:

In Generation I
In the Pokémon Project Studio computer design programs, there are various images and templates for birthday cards and invitations.

In Generation I and III
The journals found in the Pokémon Mansion on Cinnabar Island reveal that Mewtwo was born on February 6.

In Generation IV
The description of Gracidea states that it is sometimes given out in bouquets for birthdays.

In Diamond, Pearl, and Platinum:
After defeating the Elite Four, Lucas/Dawn in Sandgem Town will ask the player if it is his or her birthday.
Diamond dust appears in Snowpoint City on January 12, Junichi Masuda's birthday.

In Pokémon Ranger: Shadows of Almia:
It is revealed over the course of the game that on Blake Hall's sixteenth birthday he drove his father, Brighton Hall from Altru.
The Go-Rock Quads rehearse on the grandstand at Altru Park for a performance to celebrate the opening of Altru Tower on Altru's Birthday.
After the ending, Melody asks the player to bring her musical Pokémon to help her perform a song to her brother Isaac for his birthday.

In Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Sky:
One of the personality questions that can be presented at the beginning of the game asks, The people at the next table are singing for someone's birthday. What do you do?

In My Pokémon Ranch:
Hayley's birthday is November 18.

In the Platinum update, a new toy was added for when it's the player's birthday, the Birthday Cake, when activated, confetti falls from the sky around it.

In Generation V

In Black and White and Black 2 and White 2:
The owner of the Pokémon Musical Theater will give the player the Prop Toy Cake.
The nurse in the Pokémon Center will ask the player if it is his or her birthday every time she is spoken to.
The mist on Route 14 and Route 15 will clear. (BW)
In Icirrus City, Aha, Wye, and Ditoh will give a special quiz. (B2W2)
On Pokémon Global Link:
From December 1, 2010 onwards, Japanese players could obtain Togekiss on the day registered as their birthday on the Pokémon Daisuki Club.
From September 1, 2011 onwards, international players could obtain Togekiss on the day registered as their birthday on their Pokémon Trainer Club account.

Now, knowing that sometimes pokemon games likes to play on certain things depending on who's birthday it is, or, if its our own birthday, how would you like Pokemon X and Y to celebrate birthdays? Could there be certain things and certain places you can go? Could there be small, certain changes to the region, according to whosoever birthday it is? What if it's your own birthday; what do you think Pokemon X and Y will do once it's our own birthday? Any other thoughts?

Jake♫

► My Happy Little Pill 
Years
Honestly I liked the little things they've done with different developers, especially the crystal dust falling in DPP. As far as what they can give you on your birthday, it'd have to be something small so it doesn't affect gameplay at all, since certain people would obviously get it before others (since the release is in October and everything).

At the same time, I don't really think anything needs to happen on birthdays. I mean it is a nice little gimmick that it does that for the player, but I wouldn't be upset or anything if nothing was given to us.

Guy

just a guy
Years
Merging this with the other thread, "The Next "Seasons"" since it covers the idea of birthdays as well.

Last edited:

Jake♫

► My Happy Little Pill 
Years
As far as the next seasons go, there's only one other step I could see them pulling off, and that's random weather effects. Depending on the time of year, it could be raining, be extremely sunny, snowing, etc. Not just dependent on the season though, like an actual forecast. It's not going to be sunny everyday on certain routes.

Back