• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen How long did it take for you to become bored of Black City/White Forest?

Elaitenstile

I am legend
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Feb 27, 2015
I'll have to say that I didn't quite like Black Forest from the start, just a bunch of random trainers in a shady city and some guy who gives us cash. So I didn't dwell over there for too long. Haven't been to White Forest yet, though.

«Chuckles»

Sharky
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Apr 29, 2023
Black city sucked so much no wild-pokemon that are actually good all it gave us were some unnecessary trainers but white forest OMFG it was so good it had some good pokemon in there.

CoffeeDrink

GET WHILE THE GETTIN'S GOOD
Years
It didn't take long. I've recently been playing White version again and all that's there is wild lvl 5 nidoran(f), koff~

What a joke. I would have rather had Black city where at least I could buy the stones instead of hunt for all of them. My goal in this one is to raise all the pokemon I could as my own, and the restrictions of the stone market made this aspect quite difficult, koffi~

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Sep 14, 2017
I got bored of Black City pretty quickly, because it took me about two months to finish the game and by that time the only worthwhile thing in Black City was the Pokemon Center! There's a few buildings at the back, but I can't enter them. >.>

Warship

異議あり!
Years
as soon as items didnt begin appearing in white forest (and if they do they are useless items anyway) and when i had no new pokemon to catch. it still took a while before that though about 2 or 3 months

Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Jun 8, 2014
I didn't have a chance to get bored with it. By the time I got there the damn forest was entirely empty, and has remained that way since...well... forever. I was really looking forward to catching some of the stuff there too lol.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
White Forest was fascinating at first, but it wasn't as fun as I thought it would be, so probably a month. It was actually one of the reasons why I got White instead of Black, so major disappointment right there.

The good thing about it is that the Pokemon differ every season.

Years
I started the game in January, but then started it again in August. Unfortunately, I didn't know how Black City worked, so I continued my nearly new save. When I got there, there were 3 trainers, and no market.

Damn frustrating.

Also, whenever I was completing the pokedex, and looked on the wiki to see where I could find it, nearly always it came up with 'White Forest'. Why couldn't they have a place to get pokemon in Black City? Damn...

Edward Newgate

Everyone is a child of the sea
Years
White Forest still doesn't bore me, since I didn't complete White Hollow Tree yet ...
I'm currently on Floor 9 (SO close...) but since it's kind of a "Mystery Dungeon", and it's big as hell, I didn't succeed in finding the key trainer yet >.>
frustrating as that is...

Dualik

Eloquent Trainer
Years
I never really enjoyed the areas much, they seemed fairly tedious and in the long run simply not worth the effort. I paid three or four visits before avoiding the area entirely.

Leo the Lion

Too many sexy people in this world, all of them fi
Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Jul 16, 2016
I didnt even go into the city, soo yeah

Years
  • Seen Jul 2, 2023
I pretty much never spent time in that place. I took quite a while to get through the game, so by the time I got there, the place was completely deserted, and I didn't have a particularly good way to repopulate it (nor did it seem worth the effort to do so; I didn't have time to play that often anyway to keep the resident NPCs there happy).

LilyAnn

All your base are belong to us
Years
I didn't really care for either of the places. Just went there and got the pokemon I needed from White City and left. Never been back there since. :p So I'd say it took a week or 2 of getting bored of it. xD

imevil

Biggest Scyther Fan
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Jun 5, 2016
10 minutes, its like a glorified safari zone

Back