• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Shiny team for PVE

Sandslash Fan

Spikey Boi
Years
  • Age 44
  • D.C.
  • Seen Apr 20, 2024
Here are the shiny Pokemon that I've either bred or caught; I am planning to use them to challenge the Elite Four again.

Not sure what to use for items at all. A few of them could probably use some move swaps as well. I don't have much freedom changing Roserade's moves, since I've evolved her from Roselia, but please PEACH the others. Thanks!

Chain Fishing:
Luvdisc @ (not sure)
Ability: Swift Swim
Nature: Mild (+SAtk, - Def)
EVs: 252 SAtk, 252 Spd
- Hidden Power (Fighting)
- Scald
- Attract
- Sweet Kiss

Pokeradar:
Roserade @ Black Sludge
Ability: Poison Point
Nature: Bold (+Def, -Atk)
- Petal Dance
- Sludge Bomb
- Hidden Power (Rock)/Dazzling Gleam
- Leech Seed

Friend Safari:
Crawdaunt @ (not sure)
Ability: Shell Armor
Nature: Adamant (+Atk, -SAtk)
EVs: 252 Atk, 252 Spd
- Crabhammer
- Hone Claws
- Night Slash
- Guillotine / Giga Impact

Venomoth @ (not sure)
Ability: Tinted Lens
Nature: Jolly (+Spd, -SAtk)
EVs: ?
- Quiver Dance
- Bug Buzz
- Sludge Bomb
- Energy Ball / U-Turn

Masuda Method:
Sandslash @ (not sure)
Ability: Sand Veil
Nature: Adamant (+Atk, -SAtk)
EVs: 252 Atk, 252 Spd (was thinking 252 SDef so she can take a hit)
- Night Slash
- Stone Edge
- Hone Claws
- Earthquake

Volcarano @ Silver Powder
Ability: Flame Body
Nature: Timid (+Spd, - Atk)
- Fiery Dance
- Quiver Dance
- Bug Buzz
- Morning Sun

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen yesterday
Just chipping in on the items. Leftovers or Focus Sash @ Luvdisc; Life Orb or Mystic Water @ Crawdaunt; Leftovers, Life Orb, Silver Powder, or Poison Barb @ Venomoth; and Leftovers or Soft Sand @ Sandslash.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
Luvdisc is a difficult one - I would suggest using something like a Flail set on her. Load it up with some annoying moves like Endure, Safeguard, Agility, Substitute, etc, then just Flail around until it kills something and use a Focus Sash to help haha. It's not really a Pokémon to deal damage so something like a Sweet Kiss/Toxic/Attract/Substitute set could be pretty fun to use, but if you're trying to make it offensive then replace Attract with Ice Beam and you've probably got the best set you'll manage. As for an item, my only recommendation is Focus Sash!

Your Roserade's already pretty great, I think your current set for him is perfectly suited for an in-game team and it'll most likely be the start of your team with such strong moves. Black Sludge is a good item choice too!

Your Crawdaunt looks like a fun one; I imagine you're going down the Hone Claws + Guillotine route? If you are then I'd probably give it Protect and/or Taunt to give it some safety whilst setting up the accuracy boosts, but if not then I suggest Swords Dance over Hone Claws (learns around level 52 if I remember correctly). As for the item, Life Orb is probably your best shot!

Venomoth already has pretty great moves - I would suggest Energy Ball over U-Turn but that's completely up to you. He's a pretty fragile Pokémon so I'd give 252 HP EVs, and I'd suggest 252 Speed as well considering the boosts from Quiver Dance will be more than enough for an in-game Venomoth to sweep and all you need is for him to survive the boosting stages. Sleep Powder could be a useful addition over Energy Ball or Sludge Bomb if you want security in boosting (and you could even give him Baton Pass if you want to let your Luvdisc have a chance for once!) but your set seems pretty great. Try him out and see if he gets hit heavily often; if he does then add in Sleep Powder. An item like Black Sludge or Leftovers would be ideal if you have them!

Sandslash is the evolution of my favourite Pokémon so it's safe to safe I've used it a lot. Honestly the only move you'll end up relying on is Earthquake so I suggest replacing Hone Claws with Swords Dance (learns level 38) and using it to wreck everything. Soft Sand would be a good item and go for only Attack/Speed EVs - Sandslash has enough natural bulk to survive most hits from an in-game Pokémon and enough Attack to OHKO a lot of them with a Swords Dance boost. Night Slash and Stone Edge are good supporting moves but most of the time Earthquake will end up doing more regardless, especially with Soft Sand equipped, so I wouldn't worry too much about the rest of her set. Only possible change I can suggest is adding Sandstorm for that extra fun boost, but I wouldn't say it's worth doing that for just one Pokémon to use it haha.

As for Volcarona I've got no experience with using it and I don't know much about it, but I imagine your set will work well as a sweeper. Boost with Quiver Dance and it'll probably be able to sweep most things with that coverage with great recovery from Morning Sun too, so no changes needed there. Only thing I'd suggest is looking for a better item than Silver Powder, ideally in the form of Leftovers or Life Orb if you can get your hands on one, but if you've only got one of each then Venomoth and Crawdaunt will need them more than a brute like Volcarona will so stick with the Silver Powder.

No idea if you're looking to swap out any Pokémon but having both Volcarona and Venomoth on one team seems a bit overkill on the Bug Buzz/Quiver Dancing side of things - perhaps the shiny Sylveon in your signature would be a good replacement for Venomoth if you're happy to use it? Up to you though, your team should fare pretty well as it is. Good job on finding all the shinies by the way!

Sandslash Fan

Spikey Boi
Years
  • Age 44
  • D.C.
  • Seen Apr 20, 2024
I recently caught a shiny Slowpoke while attempting to find a female with Regenerator.

I was thinking I could swap him in place of my Venomoth easily. I intend to evolve him into Slowking.

Your Crawdaunt looks like a fun one; I imagine you're going down the Hone Claws + Guillotine route? If you are then I'd probably give it Protect and/or Taunt to give it some safety whilst setting up the accuracy boosts, but if not then I suggest Swords Dance over Hone Claws (learns around level 52 if I remember correctly). As for the item, Life Orb is probably your best shot!
I actually put Hone Claws on there since it doesn't have Adaptability, and it also gives Crabhammer and Giga Impact 100% accuracy after one use.

Guillotine was just an idea in case Crawdaunt was about to get knocked out- and why not use it, right? :)

EDIT: How about giving him Wide Lens? Then I could swap Hone Claws for Sword's Dance.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen yesterday
Slowbro or Slowking would be immensely more helpful than Luvdisc, so I suggest replacing it with them.

Sandslash Fan

Spikey Boi
Years
  • Age 44
  • D.C.
  • Seen Apr 20, 2024
No idea if you're looking to swap out any Pokémon but having both Volcarona and Venomoth on one team seems a bit overkill on the Bug Buzz/Quiver Dancing side of things - perhaps the shiny Sylveon in your signature would be a good replacement for Venomoth if you're happy to use it? Up to you though, your team should fare pretty well as it is. Good job on finding all the shinies by the way!
I actually bred that Sylveon as a joke, but it actually does an amazing job taking hits (Bold nature). He has Quick Attack, Draining Kiss, Calm Mind, and Curse w/ the ability Pixilate right now. EVs are max Defense and Special Attack. If nothing else, it's fun to play with :)

I will probably use him on an Eevee team that can toss him some free buffs with Baton Pass.

Slowbro or Slowking would be immensely more helpful than Luvdisc, so I suggest replacing it with them.
Forgot to mention that she is my first shiny Pokemon ever :)
I already beat the Triple Battle challenge in the Battle Maison using a team revolving around opening with her, so the last ribbon she needs is to beat the Elite Four :)

That would be a good slot to put him on though! I like that she has HP/Fighting. I really only intended to use her for the water boss that has the Rock/Water guy on his team.

Last edited:
Back