• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Official Project: Alpha Fan (PAF) Thread

myrrhman

Challenge God
Years
Okay,this one's tricky.Do not get Flash,to get it you must catch a lot of mons and waste some time,so don't get it.You can got thru the Rock TUnnel fine if you have already plaed the games a lot.Which must be very easy for mhyrrman
That was a long time ago. Now I've pretty much memorized all the trainers and all their Pokemon.

竜の子

Avy made by Trainer Touko
Years
So you forgot the map but memorized the trianers or memorized both?I'm confused

jdthebud

Engineering Solutions
Years
OK, I just ran through Yellow again, without reverting to savestates (except for once against Sabrina when I forgot to use 2 X Speeds instead of 1 and got raped by Alakazam), using Zapdos against Giovanni's Dugtrio.

Time: 2:44, the same time I got the first time. Granted, I got lucky a couple times (Misty could have beat me, but used X Defend), but overall it was pretty clean. I think I need to buy more X Items next time so as to be safe in case I do get critted so it will be possible to revive and set up again. this time I bout 9 Z Accuracys and Speeds, and 2 X Attacks, so like 12 each acc and Speed and 4 X Attacks.

I dealt with Koga by using Horn Drill instead of Rock Slide, since Venomoth was a 2HKO even with an X Attack, and I didn't need to go to the store beforehand since I have the Pokeflute, although it might be safer to do so in case you get double critted by Psychic (with a Special fall).

This time can still be cut down, by the way. I made a few path mistakes again, could have caught Nidoran faster (although I did catch it at L6, which saved some time, and I also caught Pidgey while looking for it too), and I went to the Mart/Safari Zone before fighting Koga, which may not be needed. I also made a switch to Pidgey during Giovanni's fight on accident, which lost me a minute or so. I'm thinking that an exceptional time would be 2:38 or 2:40. I did score in the Vermilion Gym, getting the trash cans on the first try, which could have made up several minutes, which is why 2:40 would be very good in my opinion.

I will be putting together a rough guide for Yellow using Nidoking, kind of like Myrrh's unfinished one (Cough Cough) for Red. Look for it here and on the MSN Alpha Fan group page in the next couple days.

Last edited:

myrrhman

Challenge God
Years
OK, I just ran through Yellow again, without reverting to savestates (except for once against Sabrina when I forgot to use 2 X Speeds instead of 1 and got raped by Alakazam), using Zapdos against Giovanni's Dugtrio.

Time: 2:44, the same time I got the first time. Granted, I got lucky a couple times (Misty could have beat me, but used X Defend), but overall it was pretty clean. I think I need to buy more X Items next time so as to be safe in case I do get critted so it will be possible to revive and set up again. this time I bout 9 Z Accuracys and Speeds, and 2 X Attacks, so like 12 each acc and Speed and 4 X Attacks.

I dealt with Koga by using Horn Drill instead of Rock Slide, since Venomoth was a 2HKO even with an X Attack, and I didn't need to go to the store beforehand since I have the Pokeflute, although it might be safer to do so in case you get double critted by Psychic (with a Special fall).

This time can still be cut down, by the way. I made a few path mistakes again, could have caught Nidoran faster (although I did catch it at L6, which saved some time, and I also caught Pidgey while looking for it too), and I went to the Mart/Safari Zone before fighting Koga, which may not be needed. I also made a switch to Pidgey during Giovanni's fight on accident, which lost me a minute or so. I'm thinking that an exceptional time would be 2:38 or 2:40. I did score in the Vermilion Gym, getting the trash cans on the first try, which could have made up several minutes, which is why 2:40 would be very good in my opinion.

I will be putting together a rough guide for Yellow using Nidoking, kind of like Myrrh's unfinished one (Cough Cough) for Red. Look for it here and on the MSN Alpha Fan group page in the next couple days.
Yeah yeah, can it. Its tough being me.

jdthebud

Engineering Solutions
Years
so I recorded another Yellow SS run, here's the link to download if you want. It was pretty sloppy sometimes, but I still got 2:42 since I encountered a L4 Nidoran right away, and got the locks in the Vermilion gym on the first try - both those places are time wasters. I should have gotten under 2:40 though.

*626 MB, megaupload*

I recorded it in several parts so I could take breaks, then mashed them together in one file, so there are random place I paused for a bit to stop and restart recording.

anyway, the guide I'm planning on making for Yellow will refer to this video at times, so it might be helpful to watch.

What kind of run are we looking to submit to Guinness, Myrrh? Segmented or single segmented? Do you know anything about their policies yet?

Last edited:

myrrhman

Challenge God
Years
Nope. I'll probably contact them sometime next week. I'd like to submit both if possible, though.

In other news, I've begun working on Yellow Kadabra! Currently just messing around with the beginning of the game.

Enigma

[i][font=Noto Serif][color=#e2ad53]The [color=#d94
Years
I feel like I should be testing a pokemon right now. It'd probably take me one dedicated day of play, but that's not too bad. Is there any Pokemon that still needs to undergo testing? If there is, I'll gladly go for it.

jdthebud

Engineering Solutions
Years
Is anyone still testing here? I haven't really done anything since I posted that video (for Nidoking on Yellow), since I don't see a way to cut time off significantly. As for a Blastoise run, I think we need to see if doing the E4 without Zapdos is viable (for a single segmented run).

Back