• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokémon Quartz "Let's Play" 2.0

Teh Baro

In my times...!
Years
I have a question. What's on that island? It's killing me. ><

Ordkip, the prevolution of the Lati@s equivalent (as in random legendary encounter, which hasn't happened yet), Tanord.

There's a funny thing with it, because you're supposed to be traveling to the past to catch it. Why? because it's supposed to be the very same pokemon you can find in "the present", when it was little. So, TIME PARADOX, you can catch the very same pokemon twice, once in the past, once in the present.

Spoiler:

mew_nani

Pokécommunity's Licensed Tree Exorcist
Years
So, TIME PARADOX, you can catch the very same pokemon twice, once in the past, once in the present.
:shocked:

....Won't that totally mess up history? If you catch it in the past, then it'll screw the future up, like you said. :\ Unless there's two of them, and the one you catch in the present is it's father or something. (Or you use your god powers and make it work... somehow. :\)

Aww screw it. You're Corna's "The Wizard Who Did It." Why the heck should you of all people think about consequences. :\

ChaosJester083

Still alive
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Dec 3, 2019

:shocked:

....Won't that totally mess up history? If you catch it in the past, then it'll screw the future up, like you said. :\ Unless there's two of them, and the one you catch in the present is it's father or something. (Or you use your god powers and make it work... somehow. :\)

Aww screw it. You're Corna's "The Wizard Who Did It." Why the heck should you of all people think about consequences. :\

Remember Corna doesn't run on logic

ChaosJester083

Still alive
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Dec 3, 2019

...Sadly. :'( I miss you logic!

emot-sigh.gif
Don't we all.

mew_nani

Years
Yeah, maybe in some dumpster in Los Angeles. (And sometimes kids. :\) Still, I miss it when things actually made sense. :( I guess you're lucky, U_flame. You're the only one out of all of us that isn't affected by Baro's powers and Corna's mind-numbingness. (At least I hope so... :()

Years
I also am not affected by Baro's uhh... Baro-ness and stuff. As in I can't find any of the Cornian Pokemon ugly (even Babos and Osoe somehow o_o). I understand the logic in which this game doesn't have. I enjoy playing it on a November, as that was when I played it first. And a million times said before... uno me gusta ROM Hace, something like that. It also happens to be 1 of 15 of my favorite ROM Hacks to play.

in other words. No logic is fun! :d

p: ¡unɟ sı ɔıboן ou ˙spɹoʍ ɹǝɥʇo uı

YEAH!
BABOS! OSOE! BARO... BARO... BARO...
NEVER GONNA GIVE YOU UP NEVER GONNA LET YOU DOWN NEVER GONNA TELL A LIE OR HURT YOU!

Baro oraB

Anyways I can't wait for you to catch Orkip and create a time paradox where Kaosune destroys the world! :) Oh, and Babos! It's right behind you prepared to use Attract when you least expect it. Enjoy! :D

Last edited:

U.Flame

Maker of Short Games
Years
I also am not affected by Baro's uhh... Baro-ness and stuff. As in I can't find any of the Cornian Pokemon ugly (even Babos and Osoe somehow o_o). I understand the logic in which this game doesn't have. I enjoy playing it on a November, as that was when I played it first. And a million times said before... uno me gusta ROM Hace, something like that. It also happens to be 1 of 15 of my favorite ROM Hacks to play.

in other words. No logic is fun! :d

p: ¡unɟ sı ɔıboן ou ˙spɹoʍ ɹǝɥʇo uı

YEAH!
BABOS! OSOE! BARO... BARO... BARO...
NEVER GONNA GIVE YOU UP NEVER GONNA LET YOU DOWN NEVER GONNA TELL A LIE OR HURT YOU!

Baro oraB

Anyways I can't wait for you to catch Orkip and create a time paradox where Kaosune destroys the world! :) Oh, and Babos! It's right behind you prepared to use Attract when you least expect it. Enjoy! :D

Great minds think alike! I can't agree more!

Yuoaman

I don't know who I am either.
Years
I don't even know - but the Back to the Future reference made me do some serious chortles - SERIOUS ****ING CHORTLES - so now I'm obligated to do some playing since I have no ****ing excuse anymore.

U.Flame

Maker of Short Games
Years
Oh your/my God...I ran into a person dressed as a breakable rock. I wanted to see what would happen if I used Rock Smash manually. (choosing Rock Smash on the Pokemon's options) It WORKED!

mew_nani

Years

AAAAAGGGHHHHHHH MY BRAIN IT HURTS!!! AAAGGGGGHHHH!!!!!

:paranoid: no more... NO MORE!!!! STOP IT!!!
emot-gonk.gif

emot-gonk.gif

...I think you just broke my brain... :(

...no wait... I think I'm ok now. :) Sorry about that. :( I just experienced an atrocity too horrible to explain. HOW COULD YOU POSSIBLY LOVE OSOE?!?! Maybe Baro... maybe... but Osoe? I DEMAND ANSWERS!

Teh Baro

In my times...!
Years
Oh your/my God...I ran into a person dressed as a breakable rock. I wanted to see what would happen if I used Rock Smash manually. (choosing Rock Smash on the Pokemon's options) It WORKED!

Whoa. Where? that's the first time I hear about it.

Years
It's the Copycat Master Buffoon disguised as a rock by Cloud Temple. He comes back to life as a rock when you leave the map like normally cutting down a tree or destroying a rock though. You can talk to him since you made him invisible. Also in Marble I found the cut Copycat and the lake Mimikat, you can cut the Copycat guy without asking! :D Also I prefer Tyradino and Weedalgu rather than Babos and Osoe, it helps since I used Blaziken and Ludicolo in Emerald.

U.Flame

Maker of Short Games
Years
Also in Marble I found the cut Copycat and the lake Mimikat, you can cut the Copycat guy without asking! :D

Good idea! Let's kill more people!

Seriously though, I tested this in Advance map. As long as a person event has a tree/breakable rock sprite, no matter what it's script offset is, you can always cut/break it manually.

Teh Baro

In my times...!
Years
Good idea! Let's kill more people!

Seriously though, I tested this in Advance map. As long as a person event has a tree/breakable rock sprite, no matter what it's script offset is, you can always cut/break it manually.
I would have programmed it so it depended on SOME OTHER value.

U.Flame

Maker of Short Games
Years
I think you'd have to do some deep hacking to fix what Rock Smash and Cut break and cut. As long as there are sprites of breakable rocks or cuttable trees, you can always manually break and cut them. But, maybe I'm wrong. I'd be good to fix this glitch, but really, who doesn't want to try killing someone? XD

Yuoaman

I don't know who I am either.
Years
...I now need to do something with those disguised people now - thanks for making Steven a murderer, folks. I just need to find as many of them as I can.

In any case, here's a ridiculous theory trying to instill some logic into this game before I head back to play:

Team Ambar wants to use the ghost scope to tap into the ridiculous amount of energy floating around in ghost space or whatever and will use this energy to fire at the sun. This will 'inflate' the sun by increasing the number of solar flares - eventually leading to lack of communication and eventual mass hysteria. With this chaos it would be easy to tap into the power grid and use it to 'power up' they're Electric Type Pokemon.

Or they just don't have a damned clue.

P.S. If we go by the date I originally posted the first thread for this LP, then the LP is over two years old...

emot-whoptc.gif

Back