• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon with Branched evolutions (ITS A FAMILY TREE!)

Miss Doronjo

Gaiden
Years
So, you may know that certain pokemon have branched evolutions; mainly, some pokemon have certain conditions upon evolving, like Gloom, being able to evolve to Vileplume with a leaf stone, and bellosom with a sun stone. Most Pokémon that evolve through branch evolution do so in their basic forms, and do not make it to a second evolution. What's your favourite branched family? Do you think there's a pokemon that needs to be included in a branch family, or add a branch family to it? You can see the pokemon with branched familes here.

Anyway, my favourite branched family would be Snorunt, Glalie, and Froslass because well, I'm a fan of Froslass in general; glalie and snorunt are also pretty cool too. I also found that the art of each of then is uniquely interesting, because they are different! And for ice type pokemon, they are one of my faovurites. <3

Last edited:

DayDreamer

Pokemon Gamer
Years
I've always been a fan of the Eevee family tree =). I'm just waiting on the other types that little thing can conjure up. The current ones are all based on environment so next game will be set in the mountains leading to Eartheon and Rockeon next?

I always thought the rather male/female looking pokemon needs another evolution tree line. Too bad they didn't do it sooner for pokemon like Glalie and Gardevoir. I personally caught my Ralts female on purpose in Ruby because I didn't want male girly looking Gardevoir xD.

Giraffe

キリンリキ
Years
I love Eevee's evolutions, with all the type possibilities.
They're all awesome looking, too.

Not very fond of Tyrogue's -- The evolutions just don't appeal to me.

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
Years
I like the Snorunt family as well, though I adore Glalie more than Froslass. The whole family is nice-looking~

I do think there should be a connection between Luvdisc and Mamanbou, and something between Tauros and Miltank.

Years
  • Seen Apr 5, 2011
It's been said a few times, but my favourite has to be Eevee. I just love Eevee's in general. Every time I've gotten an Eevee in a pokemon game, I've had to breed it just so I can get all the possible evolutions.

Gunn

horror resident
Years
I do think there should be a connection between Luvdisc and Mamanbou

rofl, I had to look up who Mamanbou was and it's the Japanese name for Alomomola. xD ANYWAYS. I thought there was at first! I mean, why not? Both of them do not evolve at it looks like Alomomola could be an evolution for Luvdisc. This reminds me when my friend thought Bellossum (and this was waaay back) was part of Bellsprout's evolution series. Bell this, bell that, bell, bell, bell,... but it doesn't look like the rest of the Bell family.

So yeah, Eevee is popular, but I like Snorunt's branched evolutions the most. I sort of wish that Glalie had an extended body instead of just being a head.

Kokuo

Ground Type Trainer
Years
I like the Ralts evolutionary line. Gardevoir and Gallade are two of my favorites.

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
Years
Eevee seems a bit overrated to me...
rofl, I had to look up who Mamanbou was and it's the Japanese name for Alomomola. xD ANYWAYS. I thought there was at first! I mean, why not? Both of them do not evolve at it looks like Alomomola could be an evolution for Luvdisc. This reminds me when my friend thought Bellossum (and this was waaay back) was part of Bellsprout's evolution series. Bell this, bell that, bell, bell, bell,... but it doesn't look like the rest of the Bell family.

So yeah, Eevee is popular, but I like Snorunt's branched evolutions the most. I sort of wish that Glalie had an extended body instead of just being a head.
Yeah, they did kind of make Bellossom fit with the Bel theme-naming... rather confusing if you don't realize. xD
But what kind of body would possibly go with Glalie's face? I can't imagine that...

Oh, I forgot to mention I like the Poliwag line as well. :3

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023
Poliwag, Ralts and of course (while possibly overrated but I don't card) Eevee. Poliwag is just adorable, and I loved both Poliwrath and Politoed. The idea for Ralts with Gallade was nice, so you didn't end up with a trap, and Eevee for the obvious reasons (Espeon).

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
Years
As much as I don't like a fair number of the Eeveelutions, any critter that can evolve into both Jolteon and Espeon is a winner in my book. Eevee FTW! (Although Gardevoir/Gallade are both kinda awesome in their own unique ways, especially Gallade's typing.)

Years
My favorite Pokemon with branched evolutions is Eevee! All of its different evolutions are so cool! I like how they all look different!

Zeffy

g'day
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Feb 7, 2024
I like Eevee, Poliwag, and Tyrogue's family tree the best. Eevee, because, well, I just like Eevee's family. Poliwag because of Politoed, and Tyrogue is just awesome. :3

I do agree with Anna here, there should be something about Luvdisc and Alomomola and something about Miltank and Tauros. I always thought they look kind of the same.

Last edited:

fenyx4

HOENN CONFIRMED!
Years
So, you may know that certain pokemon have branched evolutions; mainly, some pokemon have certain conditions upon evolving, like Gloom, being able to evolve to Vileplume with a leaf stone, and bellosom with a sun stone. Most Pokémon that evolve through branch evolution do so in their basic forms, and do not make it to a second evolution. What's your favourite branched family? Do you think there's a pokemon that needs to be included in a branch family, or add a branch family to it? You can see the pokemon with branched familes here.

Anyway, my favourite branched family would be Snorunt, Glalie, and Froslass because well, I'm a fan of Froslass in general; glalie and snorunt are also pretty cool too. I also found that the art of each of then is uniquely interesting, because they are different! And for ice type pokemon, they are one of my faovurites. <3

Branched evolutions are nice. My favorite one would have to be the Eeveelutions, due to the sheer diversity displayed by that Pokemon family, and the uniqueness of each member. I'd like a Dragon-type Eeveelution in the future, so there would be an Eeveelution representative for all of the types that were classified as "Special" pre-Generation 4. Subsequently, we could move on and receive Eeveelutions that are attributed to each one of the currently existing 17 types.

For some reason, I've always wanted an "inverse" branch Pokemon family. You know how one stage can have two possible branched evolutions? I've been envisioning a Pokemon that has two possible branched pre-evolutions. This would be somewhat similar to Digimon in that many videogames can assign multiple pre-Digivolutions for a single Digimon.
It would be like you have 2 Pokemon that seem to be of completely different Pokemon lines at first, yet by the time they prepare to evolve to their third stage, you discover that they evolve into identical Pokemon (maybe coloration differences could be present or something for minor differentiation). A bit strrange for Pokemon, but an intriguing idea nonetheless, IMO...

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
I like the Ralts line, even when Gallade didn't exist yet. When Gallade was brought into the picture, I started to like the line a lot more.

marcc5m

what
Years
Nincada line. Ninjask has always been a favourite of mine, and how Nincada evolves into Ninjask and you get a Shedinja too is pretty cool. Free Pokemon are always nice.

Years
Other than the awesome Eevee evolutionary line, I like the Ralts family and Snorunt family. I had already started liking the Ralts evolutionary line because of Gardevoir, and when Gallade was also introduced, I immediately fell in love with it. XD; Same is the case with Snorunt. :D

Back