• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Black hack: Pokemon Beast Black

Michielleus

That random guy
Years
Here's a quick preview of the next version...

Preview.jpg

...TM editing! I'm currently at Pokemon #155, so the next version will take a while, hehe.

Years
  • Seen May 30, 2013
I love love love this Hack. If only I could pass Cilan at the first Gym..

Michielleus

That random guy
Years
New version (2.0) is out! Have fun with:
-New TMs such as Superpower and Giga Drain!
-New stat changes!
-Chansey / Blissey giving out more EXP!
-Bug fixes
-And more!

Check out the first post for the download link.

Years
  • Seen Aug 28, 2012
i just wanna tell you that your hack is awesome
i really enjoy it
will you do a black2 hack in the future ?

Michielleus

That random guy
Years
i just wanna tell you that your hack is awesome
i really enjoy it
will you do a black2 hack in the future ?

Thank you!
It's funny that you say that. Drayano recently announced his Blaze Black 2 & Volt White 2, so I considered hacking B2W2 myself. However, I'll wait for the US version and proper tools to come out. Hacking B2W2 seems like a very cool idea, so I'm definetly going to give it a shot!

EDIT: It appears I put in the wrong link, it still leads to v1.8. It should work now, have fun!

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Aug 5, 2022
Thank you!
It's funny that you say that. Drayano recently announced his Blaze Black 2 & Volt White 2, so I considered hacking B2W2 myself. However, I'll wait for the US version and proper tools to come out. Hacking B2W2 seems like a very cool idea, so I'm definetly going to give it a shot!

EDIT: It appears I put in the wrong link, it still leads to v1.8. It should work now, have fun!

until you can work on B2W2, you could please complete the documentation documents? maybe on the evolution doc, or to complete those with the pokemon whose movesets you have changed the most....

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen May 11, 2014
Do you change the storyline?
When I play it in nds it says "savfile not found"
what does that mean....

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Feb 6, 2015
just wanna ask you something. Does this game have fakemon or original ones? And how far can we go in this game?

Years
  • Seen Feb 6, 2015
Well i have a clean black rom but it fails to patch. I tried to find the file 5593 but its not available on the site u suggested. Can u plz give its working link as well?

Michielleus

That random guy
Years
Well i have a clean black rom but it fails to patch. I tried to find the file 5593 but its not available on the site u suggested. Can u plz give its working link as well?

5593 - Pokemon: Black Version

It's still there. I'm pretty sure I'm not allowed to link to roms/downloads, so you'll just have to search the site. There's not much else I can do, really.

Years
  • Seen Sep 11, 2012
Just thought I would offer some feedback.

I downloaded this as I'd yet to see a full length game hack of a DS Pokemon game (I have an R4, so the portability is something I've been looking forward to).

The altered starters and new Pokemon on the routes are pretty cool, and the slight level increase meant I had to pay attention. I think XP gain is slightly broken, though? At least I was seeming to gain very sporadic and inconsistent amounts and my starter was levelling approximately 5x as slowly as the Pidgey I caught.

What really killed it for me was the dialogue edits. Yes, I read the description, "Dialogue edits: Sometimes serious, sometimes hilarious.", but all of the childish swearing inserts and ridiculous dialogue lines make the whole thing reek of immaturity. I got up to the trainer school before I just gave up on the hack because the text edits are that obnoxious.

Just some food for thought for you.

Michielleus

That random guy
Years
Just thought I would offer some feedback.

I downloaded this as I'd yet to see a full length game hack of a DS Pokemon game (I have an R4, so the portability is something I've been looking forward to).

The altered starters and new Pokemon on the routes are pretty cool, and the slight level increase meant I had to pay attention. I think XP gain is slightly broken, though? At least I was seeming to gain very sporadic and inconsistent amounts and my starter was levelling approximately 5x as slowly as the Pidgey I caught.

What really killed it for me was the dialogue edits. Yes, I read the description, "Dialogue edits: Sometimes serious, sometimes hilarious.", but all of the childish swearing inserts and ridiculous dialogue lines make the whole thing reek of immaturity. I got up to the trainer school before I just gave up on the hack because the text edits are that obnoxious.

Just some food for thought for you.

It's funny that you say that, as the dialogue edits weren't made by me. It has caught my attention, but I don't think it's a really big deal. Those lines can simply be ignored; that's why people play the Japanese games before they come out in USA. I must say I loved Pitch Black, which had the same thing.

As for the EXP, the starter may be seen as a 'reward'. If you manage to keep it despite the slow EXP, it will get a lot of great moves and stats.

EDIT: I just took a second look at the text, and I have to admit some things are just ridiculous. (Juniper, Ghetsis.) There's not much I can do about it for now, but I'll do it differently in my next hack.

Last edited:

Michielleus

That random guy
Years
Version 2.1 is now out, check out the first page for a download link.

Features:

Evolution edits + Documentation
Maturised edits (I finally got PPTXT to work)
Bug fixes

Anyway, I'm creating a new hack that I'll probably focus on now. The beta is already downloadable on the Nuzlocke Forums. So, I'll let this project rest for a while.

Years
  • Seen Nov 25, 2013
Version 2.1 is now out, check out the first page for a download link.

Features:

Evolution edits + Documentation
Maturised edits (I finally got PPTXT to work)
Bug fixes

Anyway, I'm creating a new hack that I'll probably focus on now. The beta is already downloadable on the Nuzlocke Forums. So, I'll let this project rest for a while.

I have a bit of a noob question. I was playing version 2.0 and the new one came out. I repatched and made myself a new version, and when I booted the game up its letting me continue from my old save point. Am I playing version 2.1? I.E. should it let me continue my save file?

I just don't want to get too far into it and then notice bugs or anything that are fixed in 2.1

oh and whats the new hack called? I don't see it on nuzlocke forums

Last edited:

Michielleus

That random guy
Years
I have a bit of a noob question. I was playing version 2.0 and the new one came out. I repatched and made myself a new version, and when I booted the game up its letting me continue from my old save point. Am I playing version 2.1? I.E. should it let me continue my save file?

I just don't want to get too far into it and then notice bugs or anything that are fixed in 2.1

oh and whats the new hack called? I don't see it on nuzlocke forums

It's in the FAQ:

"If I download a new version, will this damage my save file?"
Not at all. Overwrite the old .nds file with the new .nds file and it should work.
NOTE 1: Save/Load states will corrupt! Make sure you have save using the in-game saving option.
NOTE 2: Don't patch the new patch over your old Beast Black rom! Get a new 5593.nds and patch it over that one.
--
You can check if you're playing the new version by going to the Pokemon Center or saving. (Different text)

The new hack is called: Pokemon Primitive Platinum. Thank you for your interest! ;)

o Pikachu o

Pikachu
Years
Is this a typo in the documentation for Staraptor?

#398 Staraptor
Type: Fighting / Flying
Stats: Attack 110 > 165135, Defense 70 > 40, Special Defense 50 > 40, Speed 100 > 60
Ability 1: Intimidate
Ability 2: Reckless
TM: Hurricane, Superpower, Drain Punch.

Michielleus

That random guy
Years
Is this a typo in the documentation for Staraptor?

#398 Staraptor
Type: Fighting / Flying
Stats: Attack 110 > 165135, Defense 70 > 40, Special Defense 50 > 40, Speed 100 > 60
Ability 1: Intimidate
Ability 2: Reckless
TM: Hurricane, Superpower, Drain Punch.

The document must be in the wrong showing. Is everything red and striped too? You can fix this by clicking the right mouse button at the toolbar, click reviewing, and set it to final.

Years
  • Seen Oct 18, 2013
I really do like this, for the most part. My only issues is with the moves - I don't want my Beedrill to know the strongest poison move at level 10. It takes the fun out of leveling if I have all the best stuff right away. That said, everything else is amazing.

Years
  • Seen Mar 18, 2013
I am having some problems with the hotfile site, where you have the link to the game. I get to the site, and I do regular download. After the seconds are up, the page loads, as if it's trying to download, and then i get something that says this webpage is not available.

I would love to play this, so if it's not much trouble, could you fix it?

Back