• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Subtle Character Development

Years
  • Seen Jul 19, 2014
Some character development isn't always about self discovery where it's spelled out for the viewers on what the character is going through in his/her internal struggle. It's sometimes barely noticeable but it comes together in the end. Not that the former can't at all be entertaining but the latter tends to be more... gratifying.

What are some good examples on this kind of writing? And what do you think of it compared to other forms of character development?

Khawill

<3
Years
Hemingway is very keen on subtle character development, especially in his short stories.

I myself also enjoy writing characters based on their habits and such. I write primarily in the RP corner though so my characters are (required to be) spelled out. Thoughts, actions, speech, habits, narration, and ideas are used to make characters for me, and when I free-write I love putting emphasis on thoughts.

Back