• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Favorite Gen 5 Pokemon

Babebraham

Just being here is good enough.
Years
My favorites are the starter pokemon, Reshiram, Zekrom, Karrablast and his evolution, and Galvantula

Last edited:

Venitardus

Breeder
Years
  • Seen Apr 9, 2018
Serperior, Haxorus, Carracosta, Scrafty, Krookadile, Kyurem (original and black) Crustle, Archeops, Beartic and all their evolutions

Firox

eepz, come help pwease!
Years
I have so many from 5th generation. My top 25 favorite Pokemon are from Unova.

I love the 2 cats (Purrloin and Liepard) and the 7 mustelids (Oshawott's evolution line, Patrat/Watchog partial mustelid one of the 2 animals they are based on are, & Mienfoo/Mienshao) from the region.

Rest in order from #1 to #25: Liepard, Watchog, Patrat, Dewott, Mienfoo, Mienshao, Purrloin, Emolga, Oshawott, Samurott, Servine, Snivy, Serperior, Reshiram, Minccino, Cinccino, Pansage, Pansear, Panpour, Simisage, Simisear, Simipour, Maractus, Zekrom, Swanna.

As for the game and poll, should have added one that says "All of them", generation 5 games are my favorites. My team in Black 2 and White mostly consist of my favorite Pokemon based on what the Pokemon looks like instead of a good team based on moves and stats. I'm going to struggle with Elite 4/Champ.

To answer the question: my #1 favorite at the moment is Watchog.

Last edited:

Schwan

Frontier Brain
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 2, 2016
Mienshao, Galvantula, Simipour, Bisharp.

JohnnyJ773

Wanderer from Cianwood City
Years
I don't really care for the gen V pokemon but the few that I do like are:
Serperior and its evolutions
Oshowott and its evolutions(Samourott grew on me)
Braviary
Galvantula
Emolga
Krookidile
Swanna

Last edited:

Zorogami

WUB WUB
Years
First i didnt like the Gen V pokes that much to be honest, but now that i think of it there are some really cool ones: Zekrom and Galvantula, i love electric types, and these pokes had a cool second type!
Zoroark, because i love his ability and his design
Excadrill and Krookodile make some cool looking and heavy hitting ground types

What disappointed me most about Gen V was the choice of ice types...i really dont like any of them

Sirfetch’d

JELLICENT OFC! I love it so much and it is one of the best typings ever! But Unova is filled with great Pokemon it is so hard to choose. There are so many other ones that could have been my favorite: Volcarona, Frillish, Scolipede, Samurott, Serperior, even Golurk.

Starry Windy

Everything will be Daijoubu.
Years
My favorites of Gen V Pokemon are Victini, Snivy and its evolution, Oshawott and its evolution, Munna, Scrafty, Reuniclus, Braviary, and Keldeo.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Just letting you know I deleted the poll because we already have a thread covering that. :3 Plus two intentions for one thread isn't great, just keep it at one "topic" in the thread, for the future.

Anyway for me I love basically all of Unova, but I do have favourites! I used to love Galvantula but that changed, now it's Herdier, Emboar, Zekrom, Volcarona, Sawk, Musharna, Sawsbuck, Braviary, Samurott, Swooba--

Okay we'll stop at Herdier as favourite. :x With Emboar/Zekrom/Volcarona close behind!

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 11, 2022
Uh...damn.
Favorite used to be Stoutland, then Musharna, Vanilluxe, Gigalith, Klinklang, Eelektross, Volcorona, Alomomola, Lilligant, Conkeldurr, Whimsicott, Gothitelle, etc etc etc etc, basically everything.

Now it's just straight up Jellicent. With all of those up there close behind. ;-;" I be so indecisive.

Years
I had so many definite faves from this generation, but my absolute fave is the Oshawott line.

I also like most of the Psychic and Water-types, along with most of the Grass-types too. I have so many faves from Unova I just cannot name them all.

Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen May 23, 2023
My favourite Gen V Pokemon? I like most of them so it's hard to choose, but I'd say my definite favourite is Audino, it's adorable with that grin and it's a great battler as well, bulky yet strong :3. I think some of my close favourites though are Archeops, Minccino and Joltik! :D

Years
  • Seen Dec 21, 2014
I like ALL the bug types! But my favorites are Galvantula, Scolipede, Escavalier, and Volcarona :)

Years
I love Scolipede, Hydreigon, Haxorus, Gigalith, Volcarona, Sawsbuck, and Kyurem.

I like more pokemon than that, I just can't remember them all. I don't like any of the starters, but I guess lookwise, Samurott is my favorite.

Years
  • Seen Oct 2, 2020
All of them, pretty much.

The ones that stand out most above the rest - probably Petilil, Leavanny, Sigilyph and Scrafty. And Mienshao. And Sawsbuck. And Mandibuzz. And Escavalier. And Accelgor. And Galvantula. And Ferrothorn. And Eelektross. And Reuniclus. And Gothitelle. And.... yeah. Pretty much all of them.

Treecko

the princess without voice
Years
I have so many favorite Pokemon from Gen V. Scrafty, Braviary, Serperior, Krookodile, Chandelure, Bisharp, Carracosta, Oshawott, Snivy's evoloution line (especially Snivy!) , Hydreigon, Joltik line, Vanillite line, Reuniclus, Volcarona and a lot more. I used to hate alot of Gen V Pokemon, but once I played Black and White, they grew on me and Inow have gottern many favorites. Now I think Unova has some amazing looking Pokemon.

But my all-time favorite has to be Braviary. Why? Cause it's strong and it's a MOTHER FREAKING BALD EAGLE. It's such a cool Pokemon, I love it's design. One of the best Flying-types.

Back