• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[PKMN FULL] THE WUNDERTAUSCH [ M ][ GAME INFORMATION ]

Who's Kiyo?

puking rainbows
Years
♦♦♦♦♦ Server 42.36.01: Massachusetts, USA; Saturday 8 May 1999 11:45:03 p.m. ♦♦♦♦♦
Welcome, <GUEST> !

TITLE%20FOR%20SIGNATURE_zpsffopszhs.png

ADVENT▓RE | [ ギアGAME INFORMATION ] | <,url=?>>ƧETTNGS
<script type=wondertrade_ost player> <data-config:バクフーンOfficialThemeSong.mp3 </script>

[
HEADER%20MULTIGENERATIONALSTORY_zpseqx6ocmp.png
]

POCKETMONSTERSARCADESCREEN_zpsgcimq90j.png

Emulation of Pocket Monster Arcade.
♦♦♦ 1962 - 1965 ♦♦♦
Before moving from its namesake and exploring other business ventures, the Nintendo Trading Card Company release the original Pocket Monster Collectible Cards. Only garnering a small cult following, production was slowed until new sets stopped being manufactured altogether.

♦♦♦ 1974 - 1976 ♦♦♦
Attempting to be unique during their prospects in video gaming, the idea was retooled into the coin-operated Pocket Monster Arcade; regarded as the first official title Nintendo ever released. A lesser-known variant of the game, Kimenacolor Monster !!, appeared on the Color-TV Game 15.

♦♦♦ 1977 - 1986 ♦♦♦
The Game & Watch is developed, the first containing Pocket Monsters: Portable Adventure. The systems were a smash hit and helped the game series overcome difficulty picking up steam in other countries. With the launching of the Nintendo Entertainment System and a strong series of core games, the company found itself focusing solely on expanding the franchise.​

PORTABLEADVENTURESCREEN_zpsdhzsqrrf.png

Initial demo of Portable Adventure.
♦♦♦ 1987 - 1988 ♦♦♦
Tiding fans with spin-offs such as Pocket Light Tennis and Pocket Monster Pinball, Nintendo simultaneously released the new Game Boy system along with Pocket Monsters: GOLD VERSION. During this time, conceptualization for the Wonder Trade began, after hearing complaints about the series losing its "spirit."

♦♦♦ 1989 ♦♦♦
The second-party collective known as Cable Club International was established to utilize the "Internet" to bring forth the world's first "Online Multiplayer Experience." GOLD VERSION's sales grew exponentially in response to advertising claiming future connectivity with the Wonder Trade project.

♦♦♦ 1990, PRESENT ♦♦♦

STANDBY%20AGGRON_zps3wlpf5al.png

Welcome to the Nintendo Trading Card Company's latest masterpiece. Celebrating nearly thirty years of captivating players, Pocket Monsters ushers in a new wave of technological achievement: The WONDER TRADE!

Nintendo has wasted zero time in utilizing the unique connective features of the recently invented "Internet" system to bring you the world's first "Online Multiplayer Experience" in brilliant technicolor. Weren't you tired of playing Pocket Monsters all by yourself?

Boasting rave reviews in the short time since its launch last February, the WONDER TRADE allows players to traverse the New World - a landscape never before seen in any previous titles; with loads of new characters and creatures to catch! During this fantastic journey, players may freely trade and battle with other trainers close to home or halfway across the world!

We hope you enjoy using our program and always strive to be the best there ever was!​

- Nintendo Trading Card Company, March 1990.​
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
t̕h͠e͞s͡y͏st͝e̡m̨auto͜mati̧ca͟lt̸hesy͡śt͏e͝m̀a̡utoma̕t͏ìc̕al͞ly͡us͠e̢s̨t͡he̷inher̷i̕tt͟hèsy̷st̵ema͝u̶tom̛ati̶ca̧llyuses͜th͘einh͝erit͟s̀yşt̴e̸mo̢ft͢h͢e͡
[ Record ] Friday 1 January 1993 09:04:10 p.m.
<危険なGEARS1> Sorry this is a bit messy
<危険なGEARS1> I had to overwrite the ENTIRE code of this page
<危険なGEARS1> JUST to stick in this​
script ugh lame i hate so much​
STANDBY%20LUNATONE_zpsuuzcgaai.png
<危険なGEARS1> But whatever, let me introduce myself. :)
<危険なGEARS1> I was one of the American beta testers on this game.
<危険なGEARS1> In fact, they programmed a character based on me!​
<危険なGEARS1> If you meet a strapping man named ADVENTURER TABERNACLE say hello. ;)
r̺̬͝o̵̷͙̼̪ļ͇̻̰̳̩̘͎̙l̸͖̹͎̭̝̩̯i̴̜̦͖̝̕n̴͙̪g͇͇̖̬̬d̢̻͈͎̱̦̼̺̞o͏̼̻̪̻̖͓̞͘͝w̫̬̤̠n͙̜t̛̩͙̩͕͓̪h̼̪͔̼̫͈͙̝͕̕e̴̴͉͎͔͙͢r̦͚͎̱͔̳̳í͎͖̣̯v̜͓̘̟͕̱̟̞̤ȩ͍̖͚̦͎͙̬̗͝r̲̤t̤̗͎̺̼͠r̵̯͔̖̬͟a̛̻͕c̠̟̬͖͙k͇͈̦̪͔̯͇͝e͍̠͙̫̞͉̹̫͘g̴͚̠̰͈̻̲g҉̣͈̮i̸̜̖͈̼ǹ̗͚͓̙̰̯̺̭̘g̶͖̗̞͢t̶̬̤̝͙h̼̗͠e̲̮̖̤͈͟r͡͏̙͓ẹ̣̰̫̺̬̣w̦͕̺̩̲͔͟ẹ̭͖̘͎̞͔̮r͙̤͙̲͖͔̣̪e̢͇̝̥̦̰͓͓̻ͅr̷͚̝̮̜̳ơ̢̜͉͈̱c͏҉͚͈ķ͓̫̤̩̜͍̹̕h̗̹̪͉͜͞ḛ̠͍͚̫̼̗̀͠ņ̴̹͝t̴̴͚̯͙͢h̷͍͓̬̬͚͔̲͘ͅe̮̞̫̳͔̯ͅy̶̛̯̞̹̣͓̹b҉̨͔̣͚͞e̖͎̳̘̩̼̯̺͘͢͝ģ̵͕à̲̥ṇ̵́̀t͏̹̩̪̪l͏̧̖̬͘

<危険なGEARS1> So for you and maybe your dumb friend you're trying to introduce this to --
B̨͟e͜a̵l̕e̡͘͡ ͞͡Ci̷͠p̶̀͜he̷͜r̛s̨͞҉ ̛͏-̴ I̧͘͟n̨̧͡ ̶̕͞1̢̛5͏͠, ͞a͠ ̧̡͠s҉̢ta͜i̴ǹ҉͠i̴rý a̶͡҉n̶d t҉͠hr̛̛̛é̕e e͜n̛҉͠ç̴̸rys͠҉͝agȩ͢s.͢ ͢͡
A̧̛c͟c̸o̴̵͢r̷d͠i͠n͢g̵ ͡t͠o̴ ͘t̴͢͠h̴e҉͡ ̡p̸̧a͞͠m̀ph̷́ĺ̶et̡,͟͝ ̸̨á͝r̴̸͟o͏̀u͜͠n̵̷d͜ ̶҉1̴͟͡8̸̶̨20̴ ҉ą̴ ͝m͏̢a̛n̷̶ ̨n̛͘ame͢d̕͠ ̢̀B̢͜e̛a̡̕l̢̀͡è ̢͡͞b̸u͜͟r̡i̷̷͏e͞d̕ ̷̕t͡wo̕͘ ̧͜͝w͝͠ag̢̛o҉n҉s-̶f̕͝u҉l͡l ̢ơf̨͢ ̴͠ţ̷ré̀a͢s̴͡͝ư͡re͡ ̢̨a̢̛͡t̛ ̢͡a͞ ̷s҉e͟c̸͝r̸et
l̕͏ó̵͜c̛҉a̕t҉͜͝i̛o̵͞n̶ ̕̕í͜͜n͝ ̵̧͞B͘ed͠f̴͢or͏͘d̸͠ ̴C̛o͟ún̛t͜y̴, ̡͠V̢͡į͠r̨̀g̡i̸n̢į́a͜.͝ ̸̡H͏e ́͡th̸e̵n̷͏ ̧̀͜l̀͠éf͏̷͢t̀͢ ̡͜[ivelostallmy]a҉ ̶̀͟s̕mą̴l͞l̶҉ ̡̨ļ̸ó̷͞c̶̡k̸ę͢͟d̵̴̴ b̢͢o̴͏̸x̴̵͠ ̵͠͞w҉̨̢įt̛h͘͡[/silver] ͟a̸͝ l͏͢o̧c͠àl͜ ͟iņ́͝ņ̀ke͏̢̛é͡͝p̶̴̧ę͡r,̨͞͞ ͠҉an͞d̕͟ ͡l͢͜e͞f͡t̶͜ ͞t̵͝o̕͠҉w̵͞n̕͞,̴̢͢ ͘͠͠n̴ev̸e̴͜͡r̵ ̧͝t̸͝o̕ ̛b́e͜ ҉̸​
<危険なGEARS1> The Wond▓▓er Trade was supposed to be Nintendo's perfect moneymaking cow

<危険なGEARS1> I'm sure everyone remembers how mu▓ch the game SUCKED

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
T̳̭͉h̛͉͉̞͉̥e̸͏̺̯ ͠҉̫̙̯̭̗̦͈̦̫c̡̠̦̬ͅa̢̹̫͍͢p̨̮̗̫ͅt͇̠͈͇̥̣͡͞u̶̖͉͉̳̘r̷̯̖̪̪̮e҉̺̭̫̀ ̤̭̱͚̥̫o̙̼̭͚̜͘͝f̰̟̱ ̷͚͇̘̱̤͙̦͍ͅṱ͖̮̳̼̥̳͔h̡̛͔̯͍͈̟̙̼̯ę̷͎̮͔̦́ ̲̠͓̺̩É̴̲̝͓͎̼͙̞n̶̡͍͓̙̳̲͡ḭ̡̙͚͖̳͍̻͈͞g͔̫̥͟͠m̭̙̼͔̰̕a̴̷̜̼͓͉̩̖̱̣ ̹͎͙̝ç̭̤o͍̤̮͕͡d̶͉͟e̷̛̬͓̥̪ ̦͈̭̱m͕͕̹̜̜̱͇̘à̷̜̳̼̦̪͕̖͠ͅḉ̤̗͎̠̼h̩i̳̳͉̣̘͈ń̜̜̺̘̙͕ͅe̸̛͉͈͇̺ ̛͉̠͕̦̼7̫̮̜̰̕0͔̝ͅ ̫̙͜͟ͅy͚̝̳̲̞̱e̴̢̟͍̱̮ą͚̩́r̨̝̜̻̱͉̦̻͓͟ś҉̭̜ ͕͖͕̦̳͓͕̮͕a̴̼͈̜͔ģ̱̙̝͇o̴̩ͅ ̩c̴͈͔̰̭̖h̶̛̛̟͙̥̼̬̜a̝̘͘n͍̦̥̟̩̳͚̝̦͜g͇̲̗̗̻͍̪͍e̸̛͓̦͖̬̣̬ͅd͓̯̼͉͝ ̘͔͢t҉͍̤̫̫̱̤̖̰h̸̥̳̺͇̕ͅe͜҉̟̝̮̗̜̹̬̝́ ̧̠̮̩̫̭͕͉c̸̵͖̠̦̞o̸̙͈u̴͙̝͝r̸̬̞̞̀̕ṣ̡̨̮͕̦̺̹̖é͞҉̳̻͙̟̮͖ ̜͍͉̟͚̜͞o͢҉̟̤̞̙̺ͅf̞̟̳̫̱͢͡ͅ ͠҉̱̞̱̗͎̬̀t̳̺͞h̛̗̣͉̯́̕e̬̙ ̰̱̘̫͓͝ͅs̪̘͙͙̣̹̼̺͜ͅe͓̳̠̙̹͙̜͘c̴̳̠̜͜o͘҉̧̮̮̝̻̞̘̜ń͉̦̣͢d̠̝̲̫̰̯ͅ ̳̪͜w͍̤̯̱o̸̸̗̗̩̦͇͟r̩̣̦͉̦̙l͓̯̪ͅd̢͔̥͝ͅ ̷̧̬͍w̛̛̻̭͘a̶̬͎͕̘̜̻̞ŕ͙̩̣̦̲.̴̹̙̥̥̬ ̷̢̤͖̘͉̣̘̥̬B̴̹͖̭̬̠̺u͇̲̳͙̰̩͢t̮̘̙̭̰͉͉̯́ͅ ͏̢̠̯̰̦͎̘̱͉͠t̸͕̭̲̠̦͉̙͘h̨̳͍̱̜̕͠ę͇̖͕̗̦͙͍͎͠ ̴̛̭̤͎̗̱͓̪s̡̖̳̺̝̫͙e͏͇̲̥̺c̷̙̳̫͢r̕͡҉̟̗̼̫̯e̷͈̫͡ͅṭ̨̦͕͉͕̘̻͕͜ ̨͕̮͓͔̳̣̫͘c͇̱̮o̮̗̟ͅd͎͇̟̻̝̱̬̹̻́e͏͔̞͔̼s̢̹̀ ̧̦̞͈̕b̸̩r̡͖̮͔̙̝̠̬̺͔ơ̡͈͇̙͉̺̗k̝̟̗͜e̛̙̬̱̖̝̬͟ͅņ͙̗̙̜̟͖͓ ̢̹̪̤ͅb͡҉̬̭̞y̡̡̹͙͍̥͔̬͖͉͜ ̝̪̠̩̹͚t̡̳́h̫̪̝̙̜͓̙̘̥͟i̸̳̭̮͙̪͘s̨̺̝̥̺ ̴̬̲̫̝̦̀e̢͏̣̳̬͝ͅṿ̶̞̰e̜̱͕̞̻ņ̢͓̼̲͓̝̣͎̩t̖̖̝̬ ̩̰͈̙̖̠̹̣w̴͞͏̫̩͈͚̳̩̭̥e͉̮͓̠̫̯͞r̷͙̬͕̗e̷̙͙͍̞̙ ̢̼̝͘͟n̶̳̺ǫ̢̯̻̥̻̹͇
t̶̜̻͢ ̬̬̭̻̘͙h̺̼̫͍͠i̡̦͎̠͘͝s̷̠̙̘͖̤͉̲̟͔t̝̲o̡̗͟r͖͓͚͎y̡̢̤͈͍̦̼̱'̶̲͞ͅs̢̱͔̻̼̪̥ ̵͚̜t̸̼͖̫̰͟o̢͍̬u̘̫̤̠̼͘͞͠ͅ▓▓t̴̴҉̱͈ ҉̮̮̦̟̺̟̜̰́c҉̶͇̤̳i҉͉̟͍̖p̴̩̜̠̣̤̫̩̼͝h̼̪͞ḙ̞͞r̸̨͎s͈̖̳͇̙̕.̧̗̳̖ ̡̯͔̕P̩̯̰̱͓̩̞͢l҉̧̤̙̠͖͇͍̩͇̬e̹̼̫̭̠̖͘͜͡ͅn͍͚̘̲̗t̼̞͇y̴͔̣̪͎̫̣ ̢͉̠͜ǫ̟̰̬̼̬̥f͍̮͍̜̮̳̀ ̖͝c̘͖̻̙͇͠ǫ͎̮̟̱̯ͅd͈̥̙ę͉̳̤̹̞̠̙s̨҉̼̦̖̤̭ ̘́a҉̧̦̩̳̭̻̭͍̪̺r̶̳͇̣̻̙e̛̦̲͇̭̞̤͟͠ ̻̙͎̪̗̠̙ṷ̧͖̟͖̥̩̲͓͘͟ń̟͟c̸̲r҉̨͏̜̬̝̱a͎̼͎͕̠̩̥͚̰͠c̵̶̥͙͕͍̖̥ḳ̫͟͟e̹̻̞̮̞͝d̶̜̝͉͍̮ ̬͉̝͙̱a̧̨̰͚̪̺͎̩̱̼ǹ̦̺̳̖̟͎̯̩͜͠d̘̰̼̫,͏̙̬̕ ̸͓̞̼̩͍̳̗a̧͕͠s̹͉̭̤̹̜͡͞ ̷̘̕M̘̠̗̰̠͈a͈̮̫̜̟̠̥̩ͅc͈̮̗̭G҉̧͉̙̤̘͍̻r̶̻̜̟̬͢e̷̮̬͔̹̯͝g͕̰̙̺͕͟o̟͔̕r̕҉̥̭̩̩͎͍ ͉C̵̨̞̭͚͍à̭͙͓̟͕ḿ̟͜p̶̹̦͜b̢̞̺̘̥̱̺̺͜ͅe̢͏̵̙͍͎̞̙l̺͕̯̤̠̗̝̫͢͟l̰̤͍̘̗ ̛̬͙̥͇̣̻̰̯d̢̹̰͖̥i̬̤͘s͚̲̫̹̗c̶̰͓̙̘͉̗͕̱̯o̬̞̹̺͔̘̭͔̗v̧̦͙ͅe̡̜̝͜r̷͕̱̘̬̫̯̳ͅṣ̷̻̙̠̯̜̗͍͢,̨̺̻̺́̀ ͈̺̬͜͢t̘̰̝̤̱̲͟͡h͜͏̛͚̭̼̤̤͙͉͍e̴̷̛̲̱̘̭i̡҉̜̻r҉̰͔̪̤̟ ̞̹̮̜͚̙ͅş͎̬͘o̳͇͔̙̥l̡̻̱͢u̧̜̼̲͇̣͎͜t̗̩͇͉̣̙͍͍͎́i҉̸̩̗̗̺͇o̴̵̠̳͕n̫͔̖̣ṣ̻͠ ҉̙̹̭͎͔̻͔m̵̶̙̱̻̰̹͉̯ḁ̶͈̩̝̬̳̳̖y̛̠̤͢͞ ̴̤̝̻͚p̸̡̠͔̝͟ṛ̵̠̠ơ͕̬̖͍̩̜̞͜v̸̴̩̘̼ͅị͔͔̘̞̩̜̥̜͠d҉̭̲̲e͏̜̝͕̲̻ ̷̨̻͍̠̯t̟̲̘̕h̟̝͢͝é̡̥̣ ͏̡̞̜͈͎͢k̛̛͓̞̣e̡͏̲̦́ͅy̨̛͎̕ ̯̻̱͈͎̜̠̯̦t̞͎̥̱̠̗͘ǫ̸̪͔̝̞̦͍͇ ̷͏̥̥̭̰̞m̸͖͉̮̫̹̜̗͝u̸͙̦̥͈̪ͅr҉̖̩͈̘̝d̜͕̺͕̜̠̥́ẹ̵͙̹̭͜r̡̨̫͍͚̗͉̖s͚͖̫̹̜̯͓̰ ̛̙͡ó̶̜̲̘͕̥͓̞ͅr͏̬͚̯̼̫̦̥̯ ̘̞̫̱̫e̳̝ͅv̵͍͔̮͙̪͡e̶̸̮̺͞n̡͙̠͈̩͖̖͎̕ ̵̨̦͕̞̜̫̮̹͈ ͈̩̪̜̼̩̬͈̖ṯ̫̣͚r̡͕͔̬͚͉͖͔è͙̜͚̮͙̝͠ḁ̵͍͖̣̖͡ș̣͓̹̟̼̯̼ư̰̪͉̳̖̘̱͝r̻̱̭e̜̪͟ͅ
<危険なGEARS1> I heard Nintendo went freaking bankrupt last April?!
STANDBY%20SOLROCK_zpsgkbcpiqa.png
危険なGEARS1> I love this series so much man
<危険なGEARS1> It was those dumbass coders from the Cable Club bullcrap company​
<危険なGEARS1>This pla▓▓▓▓ce is a damn mess because ▓▓they could▓▓▓▓n't code for ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓​
<危険なGEARS1> But I know a lot of you are still trying to play. <危険なGEARS1GEAR1GEAR1GEAR1​
GEAR1GEAR1GEAR1GEAR1GEAR1GEAR1GEAR1GEARS1> I broke into the administration panel so I can tell
<危険なGEARS1> I literally do nothing with my life so ...
<危険なGEARS1> I'm gonna try to make this game at least halfway functional for all y'all
<危険なGEARS1> And I got a lot of ideas to make it even harder, heheh.

<危険なGEARS1> Maybe this way, we can give Pocket Monsters a second life​
?,?,?©≈µ¥≤γ,?,?,?,?,?,?,?–‰∂¿∆≈¡µ†¥€≈» ,?,?

[ Record ] Saturday 8 May 1999 10:22:81 p.m.

<TRAINWRECK> Okay...I think I got this chatroom software to work...try to type something
<MUSH_ROOMY> Good to see your username reflects both your life and emotional status.
<TRAINWRECK> WE'RE TOTALLY DOING THE TALKING THING RIGHT NOW
<TRAINWRECK> I'll attach some conversation bits we have throughout this page
<TRAINWRECK> Just so we can keep track...any comments we have on this stuff
<WINENDINE?> i miss AIM
<TRAINWRECK> Well...at least I feel accomplished and that's what's important
<MUSH_ROOMY> Your "Gears" friend wasn't very eloquent in hacking, was he?
<WINENDINE?> he'd been working with nonfunctional code since 1993
<WINENDINE?> his hacked game was really good back when me and nancy played it
<TRAINWRECK> Bit of shame we couldn't see his work uninfected...
<MUSH_ROOMY> Just look at the way he formats his regular sentences !!
<MUSH_ROOMY> Horrific memetic corruption is no excuse for illiteracy.
<TRAINWRECK> ...Have you heard any word from Gears yet?
<WINENDINE?> i sent him a few more messages but i don't think hes even read them
<WINENDINE?> his profile has been active but that's because of the autoexec glitch
<TRAINWRECK> It's pretty eerie...seeing all those characters moving about...on their own...
<MUSH_ROOMY> I guess they're attracted to quest scripts and take steps to finish them.
<WINENDINE?> theyre just trainers on their pocket monster journeys
<TRAINWRECK> You're talking about them like they have thought...?
<WINENDINE?> its weird though they like they train their skills and sleep in beds at night
<MUSH_ROOMY> That's discomforting. Anyway -
<MUSH_ROOMY> Despite Gear's remedial English, he really changed up the game on this server.
<MUSH_ROOMY> I got into the Trading system and there's a lot of interesting work here.
<WINENDINE?> well lets scan this document first and see what else we can find
<MUSH_ROOMY> Perfect. The more familiar we get, the more we can control.
<MUSH_ROOMY> We have to kill these characters before they activate the ElectricSoldier Codes.​

[
HEADER%20MECHANICS_zpsntln5gqe.png
]

NEW%20FIRSTSTEPSINTOABRANDNEWWORLD%20PICTURE_zpshtcjaduf.png

♦♦♦ THE FIRST STEPS INTO A BRAND NEW WORLD ♦♦♦

Welcome to the NEW WORLD, a vast country on the edge of the Earth. Here many trainers find their true calling - whether that be collecting gym badges, participating in festivals, sleuthing out villainous individuals, or just getting a well-suited job and exploring the eclectic collection of locales. It's been said that it was founded on a wish made by the mythical monster Jirachi itself!

The game is played out in arcs called "BOOKS" participated by the whole server; new players may jump in any time after their account is authenticated. Each BOOK has (three) "ACTS," a sort of chapter that provides several miscellaneous "SCENES" or free-form quests that will shift and change based on what courses of actions the players take. The game was made to conform to the player's wants and their personal direction in-game ... so the more creative you are with your travels, the richer your adventure! Do what you'd like and make your own stories!

We at Nintendo love to hear about your journeys! So we made a feature that will post your outings onto your server's "ADVENTURE" page. In addition to hosting a record of uncovered locations and a list of online players, it updates with personalized novelizations of what you do in the game between saving. As such, these "logs" or "posts" will be officially called "SAVES." Some, if not most challenges require you use an exact amount of SAVES to further challenge you.

If there comes a time when two players are actively interacting with each other, there will be a circumstance called "joint-posting." We insist you communicate with other players! In this case, the interaction should be conjointly posted in one SAVE. If two players wish the battle one another, they may do so - they decide who wins on their own, but for some climatic battles the MAINFRAME (explained in rules section) will decide based on performance.

♦♦♦ EVENT SCREENS AND SILHOUETTED TRAINERS ♦♦♦

STANDBY%20ROCKETSANDSILHOUETTE_zpsm078vuq0.png

You're bound to face many different challenges and uncover several locations along the way, but before each one you'll be brought to an "EVENT SCREEN. " For example, engaging in a battle will trigger a screen detailing the trainer, their monsters, and subsequent results of winning or losing the fight. Likewise, story or random events will be shown in this way and your character must react forthwith then yield the consequences of their actions.

If you're about to battle and the trainer's sprite looks like a silhouette, it is simply a spot for an "INTERPRETATIVE TRAINER" battle. This set battle can be against any non-player controlled character you so choose that's appropriate to the current setting you're playing in.​

[ Record ] Saturday 8 May 1999 10:25:06 p.m.

<WINENDINE?> so i literally broke everything on my way to do this but
<WINENDINE?> i was able to reset the server to chapter one to buy us time
<TRAINWRECK> GUYS I WAS CHECKING THROUGH OLD MODERATOR PROFILES
<TRAINWRECK> AND ONE WAS SO BROKEN IT POPPED UP A MAP EDITOR.​

[
HEADER%20AWILDMONSTERAPPEARS_zpszpk7jpkm.png
]

NEW%20AWILDMONSTERAPPEARED%20PICTURE_zpssvm9e73z.png

♦♦♦ TYPES ♦♦♦

Every monster has a dual-typing that gives them access to (two) kinds of powers. No type is super-effective against another, so you'll have to get creative with your strategy! The same species can vary in type so you can find one that fits your party. Scroll over the symbol to find out its name!​

SYMBOL%20AURA_zpssejiuvbp.png

Monsters who've unlocked the hidden potential of the soul and have command of the subconscious mind, ethereal world, and the cold vastness of space.

SYMBOL%20BEAST_zpsekivdona.png

These monsters have mastered the mortal element. They have complete control of the tangible, physical energies that root from their primal instincts.​
SYMBOL%20HYDROUS_zpsi226dvlo.png

Whether filtered or unpurified, these monsters are typically found around watery areas ready to soak any opponent who crosses their path!

SYMBOL%20LIGHT_zpsxnxc2bvn.png

If you can shield your eyes from their shining brilliance, you'll notice their astounding aptitude to bend light rays and even create lightning!​
SYMBOL%20MINERAL_zpscplwmuhi.png

Because of their oneness with the rigid side of the planet, you'll need some strong attacks to pierce through their defenses!

SYMBOL%20MYTH_zpsxdv0zzxn.png

Magic does exist after all! The kinds of extraordinary powers these monsters wield feels like it came straight out of a fairytale book!​
SYMBOL%20NATURE_zps2hmjzh7p.png

Watch out for trainers using this type of monster – the boundless powers of the earth are unlimited, and these ones find use in the ecosystem itself!

SYMBOL%20SOUND_zpsaz9mogb0.png

Tough fighters who've perfected the art of manipulating the airwaves. They have niche talents that might give you the edge in battle!​
SYMBOL%20TEMPERATURE_zpsb8m6dasp.png

These odd creatures have the remarkable talent for changing the climate and surrounding temperature to their liking. Watch out for a strange battle!

SYMBOL%20VILE_zps2qiauquv.png

There's some bad blood running through these guys! They can utilize all kinds of dastardly energies ranging from disease to pure darkness itself!​
SYMBOL%20WORLD_zpssz5vxta8.png

A type of monster that's well-adapted to the domesticated world with a variety of interesting moves – some of these critters are even artificial!

SYMBOL%20GLITCH_zpsgzispmyt.png

<TRAINWRECK> Broken moves or monsters that cause strange or unintended effects. This type leaked into the system through corrupted data.​
♦♦♦ PARTY CAPACITY, WILD CAPTURE, AND RANKINGS ♦♦♦

Capturing new monsters is as simple as encountering one and weakening it until you're ready to throw a CAPSULEBALL! An EVENT SCREEN will show if you're successful or if any other strange occurrences are caused by your attempt! You are allotted (three) party slots for monsters with no provided box system to store additional ones. You can't outright release any of them unless you WONDER TRADE or capture another monster in the wild when your party slots are full - where you'll be prompted to release one. If you choose not to, the filled monster's ball will be added into your ITEMS pocket and be unusable for battles.

The might of each individual monster is judged and ascribed a "ranking." The more it's groomed and participates in battles, the higher its ranking becomes! As they grow, monsters will tend to have better moves, more endurance, and possibly evolve into stronger versions of their species!

Facing a monster of a particular rank will always cost a certain percentage of HP to be lost even when you win the battle or the opponent is caught. If only one monster faces the opponent, they'll take all of the damage. But if you switch out monsters during a battle, they'll share the damage! If you engage in a battle and do not have enough HP to clear the challenge, you automatically lose.​

RANK%201%20IMAGE_zpshe5hiqky.png

45% health capacity
Depletes 10% of health upon win
RANK%202%20IMAGE_zpsmzbvcytv.png

60% health capacity
Depletes 20% of health upon win
RANK%203%20IMAGE_zpsqefkzcda.png

75% health capacity
Depletes 30% of health upon win
RANK%204%20IMAGE_zpsnujwiuag.png

90% health capacity
Depletes 40% of health upon win
RANK%205%20IMAGE_zpsbwqs2zf7.png

100% health capacity
Depletes 50% of health upon win

[ Record ] Saturday 8 May 1999 10:27:40 p.m.

<MUSH_ROOMY> This listing fails to mention the "LEGEND" Rank.
<MUSH_ROOMY> Which is exclusive to high-level NPCs and unobtainable "legendary" monsters.
<MUSH_ROOMY> Fighting one depletes at least 100% of health upon winning, but can be higher.

♦♦♦ THE WONDER TRADE AND ITS "PERKS!" ♦♦♦

STANDBY%20TOGEPIANDELEKIDTRADE_zpsgotw4bzd.png
Instead of drudging through your journey to catch 'em all alone, you can swap monsters instantly with people from all over the world! The only restriction is that you carry your new monster for at least (two) SAVES before being able to replace it by any means, as to prevent massive overload of the system. Besides, give you two a chance to bond!

Through rigorous beta testing, we discovered some people abused our service and continuously traded less than desirable monsters in hopes that they would reap the benefits of all those honest trainers sending out good ones! To combat this, when a monster is submitted into the Wonder Trade or caught in the wild it is analyzed and given a special "perk" - an additional ability that will help you on your travels!​

[ Record ] Saturday 8 May 1999 10:30:01 p.m.

<危険なGEARS1> OKay So !
<危険なGEARS1> I deleted every single perk that existed before I got herE
<危険なGEARS1> AnD replaCed them with ones that will make your adventure -- shall I say ... ?
<危険なGEARS1> a bit more dangeroUS?!​
<危険なGEARS1> Pocket Monsters are your only means of play
<危険なGEARS1> I thought it would be AWeSOmE if they had these terrible hindering PErks​
<危険なGEARS1> to give y'all a challenge since the WonderTrade doesn't work correctly ;3

<WINENDINE?> i was able to salvage this from my inbox
<MUSH_ROOMY> This is the most broken and haphazardly made code I've ever seen.
<MUSH_ROOMY> It's the digital version of a malnourished man ripped apart by a bear.
<MUSH_ROOMY> This "WONDER TRADE" will sporadically trade your monsters for sometimes nothing.
<MUSH_ROOMY> Also, there's an unspecified twelfth glitch type running around.
<TRAINWRECK> I added it to the chart...so we could keep track of it
<WINENDINE?> TRAIN likes to keep TRACK of things
<TRAINWRECK> ...I hate you​

[
HEADER%20GETTINGTOKNOWYOURSELF_zps2sidcd4h.png
]

NEW%20GETTINGTOKNOWYOURSELF%20PICTURE_zpsvieyhxps.png

♦♦♦ HAVE UP TO TWO CHARACTERS! ♦♦♦

Each player account is permitted up to (two) save files at once. These can either be used to create separate characters or to give your first character a travelling companion! A companion is subjected to all the same rules as a regular player. If you feel like starting out alone, you can always make them any time you'd like! If something goes wrong with the characters in your account and they become unusable, you're free to create another free of charge.

♦♦♦ YOUR BOX OF TRINKETS ♦♦♦

Every character is equipped with an intriguing Game Boy-like device. It acts as many different useful things such as an Encyclopedia of Monsters, a working mobile phone with instant messaging features, a digital notepad, a status screen monitoring your monsters, and of course how you access the WONDER TRADE!

It'll take up an ITEMS slot, which you have (five) of. Every item takes up (one) slot: this includes SECRETPOTIONS, CAPSULEBALLS, BIKES, and any other item you might think of needing. Several shops around the country will provide many different selections to choose from - find a grouping that best suits you!

♦♦♦ CREATE AN ACCOUNT ♦♦♦

Submit a form for every character you'd like to currently attribute to your account.
Scroll over topic for further elaboration on how to fill the field.

TRAINER CLASS/NAME: [__________]

AGE/GENDER/APPEARANCE: [__________]

HISTORY/PERSONALITY: [__________]

LIFE ASPIRATION: [__________]

ETCETERA: [__________]

STARTING OPTIONS: [__________]

LITERACY CHECKER: [__________]

KEYCODE: [__________]

[ Record ] Saturday 8 May 1999 10:34:42 p.m.

<MUSH_ROOMY> What, exactly, is this "autoexec" thing you guys keep mentioning ??
<TRAINWRECK> The game is so corrupted now...internal coding is smashing into each other
<TRAINWRECK> ...It created this "auto-execution" process that infected old player accounts...
<WINENDINE?> the electricsoldier codes will activate upon beating the storyline
<WINENDINE?> but the characters wouldnt know any better than to not pursue their goals
<MUSH_ROOMY> Why don't we just delete the player accounts ??
<TRAINWRECK> I tried doing that yesterday...I actually FRIED a school computer
<TRAINWRECK> Like it made a bunch of high-pitched noises and then caught ablaze...
<TRAINWRECK> I owe a lot of money now...
<WINENDINE?> if the game glitches on you hard enough you can always log-out/log-back-in
<WINENDINE?> but the log-out function wont properly work for these infected characters
<WINENDINE?> if they glitch out too hard they'll essentially be killed
<MUSH_ROOMY> Sounds like our best bet.​

[
HEADER%20RULESOFTHEROAD_zps8im59jvx.png
]

NEW%20RULESOFTHEROAD%20PICTURE_zpsnzy7ttl9.png

1. All previously stated rules that were agreed upon in the TERMS AND CONDITIONS are still relevant.
2. This game was intended for a Mature-acting audience, so please no excessive derogatory behavior!
3. Computing decisions and characters not already controlled by other players will be controlled by the MAINFRAME, an AI acting through [ THIS ] account! All decisions made by the MAINFRAME are permanent, and has the power to close sign-up registration if it feels the server is starting to get overloaded. If you have any pressing questions or concerns, either ask them through the SERVER CHATROOM on this page or send a private message to the MAINFRAME's account - it will be forwarded to an active administrator.
4. Use of cheating devices are not tolerated - any account that implements them to "GodMod" or play with another user's characters without their permission will be locked out of their WONDER TRADE account.
5. The WONDER TRADE is meant to be a regularly updated experience. Severe inactivity of your account will cause you to automatically log-out. If you expect to be away from the game for any period of time, please send a message to the MAINFRAME's account or post in the SERVER CHATROOM on this page.
6. All sprite credits are listed [ HERE ] and should be acknowledged.
7. Personal subplots are highly encouraged and accommodated, but any that obtrusively or maliciously derail the main plot will be acknowledged and dealt with. If anyone is curious about how to fill in the last field of the account registration, you simply need to enter a code that has not been used by any other member that has registered or is pending that contains two numbers, five capital letters, and the name of a pink or green colored pocket monster.
8. This game was meant to be fun above all else!

[
HEADER%20SERVERCHATROOM_zpsy4xtdcbm.png
]

[ Record ] Saturday 8 May 1999 10:39:22 p.m.

<MUSH_ROOMY> I never thought I would have temptation to boil my computer out of frustration.
<MUSH_ROOMY> But I think this broken piece of trash we're calling a game has moved me.
<WINENDINE?> i have an idea
<WINENDINE?> well see all the infected profiles if we get that adventure page working
<WINENDINE?> i used to check myself on it way back when
<TRAINWRECK> ...In the meantime, I was thinking about doing...virus scans?
<MUSH_ROOMY> That sounds like a good enough idea for now.
<MUSH_ROOMY> The Adventure page might be too far gone even if we scrounge it up.
<WINENDINE?> my admin panel has a record of the newest made profiles
<TRAINWRECK> It would make a lot of sense...the corruption would hit those first
<WINENDINE?> i'll post separate profiles on here and you can scan them!
<TRAINWRECK> That'd be great...
<TRAINWRECK> If the profile is INFECTED...the character is alive and playing the game
<TRAINWRECK> If it's placed in QUARANTINE...the antivirus found its data incomplete
<MUSH_ROOMY> You two have fun with that.
<MUSH_ROOMY> I'm going to toy with Gear's monster creation software some more.
<MUSH_ROOMY> If you hear screams of unholy raging agony, ignore them.
<MUSH_ROOMY> It's just me drinking acid to numb the pain of getting caught up in this.
<TRAINWRECK> ...Understandable
<WINENDINE?> if any of us have questions about the game can we post them here?
<WINENDINE?> i mean you guys are the computer experts i just know how to toy with the system
<TRAINWRECK> Yeah sure....could you start posting those profiles? I'm getting anxious...​

© '62 - '90 Nintendo Trading Card Company
© '89 - '90 Cable Club International​

Last edited:

IggyKoopa

#429: magical pokémon
Years
A'ight, I've finished my SU, I think. Tell me if anything's wrong.

TRAINER CLASS/NAME:
Punk Girl Shelby Vaughn​

AGE/GENDER/APPEARANCE:
18 years old, female.​
Standing at 5'6" and sporting a somewhat petite build, Shelby always seems to hold a rather scruffy appearance. She has short black hair and sharp green eyes.​
Her clothing is similarly sloppily-put-together, with a band shirt that's a size too big, a pair of gray shorts, and a pair of sneakers.​

HISTORY/PERSONALITY:
Shelby is the archetypal tomboy. She's fiercely independent and stubborn, sometimes to the point of irrationality. She's certainly not a people person either, often quick to dismiss other people as being people she doesn't want to be around. However, she holds the few friends she does have very close, and will do almost anything for them.​
She is quick to snark and uses a lot of self-deprecating humor, but she does it in such a way that it's hard to tell whether or not she actually means it, and it would be easy for one to become concerned about her based on this.​
She also has a rather bleak outlook on the world, believing that the government will "go all 1984 on us" in her words, and that most people have some sort of ulterior motive.​

As for her upbringing and her history, she grew up in a household with two parents who had very different intentions of how to raise her. Her mother wanted to let her be free and discover the world at her own pace, while her father was rather more overbearing and wanted to be the middle-man between her and the scary outside world.​
During school, she became a lot more jaded, taking on a view that all of the kids were bullies and all of the teachers were apathetic. She started hanging around a rough crowd and ultimately got expelled partway through her senior year after being caught more than once vandalizing school property. However, she has mellowed down since.​
She has also seen her fair share of tragedy -- one friend got into a fatal car accident, another into drug addiction -- and these things have certainly affected her. But she has a childhood friend, Alyssa Mason, who she's always fallen back on in rough times, and Shelby always feels like she owes her for all the support.​

LIFE ASPIRATION:
She plans to take on the Gym League and see where it takes her from there. She never really holds any long-term plans regarding her life.​

STARTING OPTIONS:
giCTJ6F.png
Scyther
rneV35Q.png
Ralts
ZYpLSpi.png
Shuppet

LITERACY CHECKER:
Spoiler:

KEYCODE: [font="Lucida Console][ AJ9RQM1-DITTO ]
[/font]​

Last edited:

Gelius3

Certified Idiotic Potato
Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Mar 24, 2024
O.o I am in!

TRAINER CLASS/NAME: [Mysterious Trainer Gelius Prowers]

AGE/GENDER/APPEARANCE: [14 Years old, Male
Appearance:

jtrkNe9.png
(Give him a Black Hat... And a Normal Skin... And some cool gloves please. Too lazy to edit.)]

HISTORY/PERSONALITY: [Personality: He is stubborn and tricky. However, he has good heart and is someone who loves Pocket Monsters. Gelius is somewhat a person who would help people with troubles, even though it would make him to do crazy things. This guy however, has stupid moments (Hey, everyone has them.). But despite his Stupid Moments, he is the guy who tries to be the good one (Not saying he always do it. He sometimes fails.). Get to mess with him and you might see a very angry Gelius...

To him, his most important things is his Sneasel and his Surfing Board. And his hat. And his friends and Family.

History: Gelius was a son of 2 travelling trainers Whose once met and fell in love. They had to stop in the middle of the adventure due Clarice's Pregnancy. His dad, Connor, was about to challenge the league, but when Gelius was born, he gave up on the idea. Gelius since child, learned how to train Pocket Monsters. When he was 4 years old, he received his own Pocket Monster, Sneasel. Both were so close that they became a duo and that duo never teared apart.

Gelius at the age of 8, was playing with his best friends: Sneasel; His best friend Gavin; His Fiancee Maya (His mother wanted him to marry a girl who had more experience with pokemon. She had a Dang Kirlia, a Dang Bayleef and a Stupid Swellow.); and his best friend's brother, Tyler, when something happened.

His Parents were on adventure to the League on that time, so his aunt and uncle were that were taking care of him. He heard 2 shots, and ran back to home, finding his uncle and aunt dead. Until his parents could come back, he had to say ad Gavin's Place.

At school, Gelius was the guy that no one cares for him and talk to. He then started to go to the roof of the school (Which has Metal Grid), a place that no one is using it so much frequently, and started to have his breaks there and having lunch there. Only Gavin and Mary were the ones who cared for him.

Lately, Gelius suffered bad times. Tyler started to steal, even tried to murder Gelius to steal his things; Mary got attacked by Tyler and is in coma, Gavin was killed on the same day too, his twin sister is on the dark alleys doing illegal things, his younger Brother left on adventure, and his Parents were on the edge to lose Gelius, the only child at their side, due to his Twin Sister having an hate on the parents (The trouble is that Gelius would go to a Military Academy and his parents would be arrested.). The "glass floor that supported him" shattered, making him to be taken away from the parents and putting Gelius on a Millitary Academy, while Clarice had life imprisonment (Being for the rest of the life) on the jail, and to Connor it was given Death Sentence. His Mother, due to beat ups from prisioners, and gurads never helping her, she committed suicide 1 year later.

Gelius managed to escape the Military Academy with the help of a loner guy and now he is going to avenge his parents by becoming the Best Trainer Ever, while escaping and looking for help from the brother.]

LIFE ASPIRATION: [Hello, Become the Best Trainer in the World. Very unoriginal, but if you think well, everyone has the same dream about Pokemon Training...]

ETCETERA: [Nothing but that he knows a lot about Pocket Monsters.]

STARTING OPTIONS: [
215.gif
Sneasel]

142.gif
Aerodactyl]

ludicolo_pixel_over_transparent_by_buizelboy-d5yjypg.gif
Ludicolo]

LITERACY CHECKER: [RP Post from Pokemon Trainer's Academy]

KEYCODE: [YT4PD2BLudicolo]

Still don't know how to do Story. BTW we do level our pokemon?

Last edited:

Who's Kiyo?

puking rainbows
Years
[ Record ] Saturday 8 May 1999 10:46:37 p.m.​

<WINENDINE?> [ Attached " Account <IGGYKOOPA> " ]
<TRAINWRECK> ... Hm, the sample you've given me is alright enough...
<TRAINWRECK> ...but it feels like it's missing something...
<WINENDINE?> what is that even supposed to mean
<TRAINWRECK> Check for a fuller version of the profile...
<TRAINWRECK> This version...while mostly acceptable...isn't all that interesting...
<TRAINWRECK> I don't know if the admins of the game would've accepted it like this...
<TRAINWRECK> They would've liked to see a character that was more extensive in personality
<WINENDINE?> like had stronger values/more idiosyncrasies and in-depth history?
<TRAINWRECK> Exactly...
<TRAINWRECK> I'm not saying this isn't a potentially infected profile...
<TRAINWRECK> ...so I'm putting it into QUARANTINE for now...​

[ Record ] Saturday 8 May 1999 10:50:13 p.m.

<WINENDINE?> [ Attached " Account <GELIUS3> " ]
<WINENDINE?> i know this isnt a version of the full profile but here you go
<TRAINWRECK> This is definitely going in QUARANTINE from how it looks...
<TRAINWRECK> The admins were stingy about having appearances be unique to the person...
<WINENDINE?> yeah isnt that the guy from gold version with a small edit?
<TRAINWRECK> ...It had the same problem as the profile before it too
<TRAINWRECK> There's not much detailing or in-depthness to the Personality...
<MUSH_ROOMY> Also those monsters wouldn't have gone into the system correctly.
<WINENDINE?> are they not acceptable or something
<MUSH_ROOMY> They're legitimate options, but the field only allows you to input the names.
<MUSH_ROOMY> It wouldn't have accepted any pre-rendered movesets or history.
<MUSH_ROOMY> Not that the trainers wouldn't play as if they had history with their monsters,
<MUSH_ROOMY> but the field only wants you to designate the species.
<WINENDINE?> youre getting really good learning your way around this place
<MUSH_ROOMY> Doesn't mean I don't want to bathe in fire to spare myself.
<WINENDINE?> also am i the only one confused by what " very best " means?
<WINENDINE?> very best at - what, exactly?
<WINENDINE?> that isnt measurable or tied into any sort of profession
<WINENDINE?> how would the game be able to work with that
<TRAINWRECK> But the Keycode is also incorrect...so...
<WINENDINE?> ill keep looking for any revised copies​

[ Record ] Saturday 8 May 1999 10:51:21 p.m.

<TRAINWRECK> Hey...I actually have a question for you...
<WINENDINE?> what is it
<TRAINWRECK> Aren't the monsters...supposed to have levels to up to 100...
<WINENDINE?> the cable club international guys simplified the system
<MUSH_ROOMY> There's an entire section dedicated to it on this page.
<MUSH_ROOMY> It's a Ranking System.
<WINENDINE?> yeah any monster of any evolution stage can be any ranking
<TRAINWRECK> ...So if you train them they increase in ranking?
<MUSH_ROOMY> Rankings might also improve if you groom and interact with the monster.
<TRAINWRECK> Thanks, good to know...I think I have an idea...
<WINENDINE?> what
<TRAINWRECK> Let me think about it...Just keep sending me profiles​

Last edited:

Gelius3

Certified Idiotic Potato
Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Mar 24, 2024
OK Completed it. I think it is ok. Sorry for the huge tragic story and the fact it being huge. Sorry for taking your time.

Who's Kiyo?

puking rainbows
Years
[ Record ] Saturday 8 May 1999 10:52:33 p.m.​

<WINENDINE?> [ Attached " Account <CHARIZARD_MAN> " ]
<TRAINWRECK> WOAH...this guy put a lot of stuff down...
<WINENDINE?> i guess he was really into roleplaying
<WINENDINE?> ive never seen a profile that was so funky fresh
<TRAINWRECK> ...In any case...the antivirus is flipping out...
<TRAINWRECK> This is most certainly an INFECTED profile...
<WINENDINE?> i didnt even know you could attach theme songs
<WINENDINE?> what an age to be alive in​

[ Record ] Saturday 8 May 1999 10:54:04 p.m.

<WINENDINE?> [ Attached " Account <IGGYKOOPA> v.2 " ]
<TRAINWRECK> ...and that'll do it! It's INFECTED.
<TRAINWRECK> This thing is riddled with corruption...
<TRAINWRECK> Just don't find me stuff...skimpy with details next time?
<WINENDINE?> okay okay sheesh​

[ Record ] Saturday 8 May 1999 10:55:28 p.m.

<WINENDINE?> [ Attached " Account <GELIUS3> v.2 " ]
<TRAINWRECK> ...Still coming up with nothing
<TRAINWRECK> This is going back in QUARANTINE...It's just...
<TRAINWRECK> the whole profile and the literacy sample show many grammatical errors...<TRAINWRECK> I don't think the admins would've accepted that disclaimer either?
<WINENDINE?> on what the appearance
<TRAINWRECK> ...Yeah...if you're too lazy to edit something...just describe your look...
<MUSH_ROOMY> Sorry I keep butting into your sausage fest over here but -
<MUSH_ROOMY> I read this profile's history. Out of curiosity.
<MUSH_ROOMY> And I don't - get it ??
<TRAINWRECK> Personality is still pretty shrimpy and seems disconnected from his history...
<MUSH_ROOMY> Not just that but like it doesn't explain much of anything.
<MUSH_ROOMY> Like who killed his aunt and uncle.
<MUSH_ROOMY> Why didn't he mention his twin sister from the beginning.
<MUSH_ROOMY> Why did Tyler flip out - do they know? Did they try to know ??
<MUSH_ROOMY> Why was he engaged at EIGHT ??
<MUSH_ROOMY> WHAT DID HIS PARENTS DO WHICH GRANTED SEVERE SENTENCES?!
<MUSH_ROOMY> I'm just so confused.
<WINENDINE?> this is a bit too vague and messy to have been accepted i get it
<WINENDINE?> i'll keep looking​

Last edited:
Years
TRAINER CLASS/NAME: Tourist Moe Turner

APPEARANCE:
29ejc6s.jpg

Moe is taller than average, 6 ft. tall to be precise, and somewhat slender at 160 lbs. His hair is dark brown, and is usually messy, as he doesn't care to style it, instead letting it stick out at all angles. His eyes are big and blue, and his face is rather plain, except for the sharp jawline, small, pointy nose, and large ears.

His clothes are simple but vibrant, and exclusively long-sleeved. He wears plain red shirts and light blue jeans, with bright white and red running shoes. The exception to his "simple and vibrant" rule is his coat: a long, brown canvas duster with deep pockets.

HISTORY: Moe was born the only child of a wealthy family. As a child, Moe was quiet and fearful, rarely venturing outside his house. He found the idea of going out and meeting people silly, as he had his books in his safe and cozy home. He was so shy, none of the other kids knew his name, if they even knew he existed at all. His mother ignored his shy behavior, thinking he would grow out of it, while his father encouraged it, since it meant he spent time studying instead of causing trouble.

As he grew, he became more adventurous, and discovered a love for wandering. He would take long, enthusiastic walks around town, though he stayed away from people. When he was 10, he stumbled upon a party in a restaurant, and was surprised. People were happy, the place was full of cheer, and everyone was having fun. He vowed that day to change his ways, and no longer shun society. With his wealth of knowledge, amusing antics, and desire for joy and friendship, he soon became a fairly popular guy, even if he didn't have any close friends.

He tried to find a way to combine his various interests: making friends, learning things, and wandering. After turning 18, he hit upon the idea of becoming a tourist: travelling the countryside, walking from town to town, hooking up with new people and moving on after a while. His mother, who had been a bit of a hippie in her youth, fully supported this, but his father was upset by the idea. He wanted Moe to keep learning, to become a doctor and make something of himself. His father's pressuring only encouraged Moe's desire to travel, rather than convince him to stay. So now Moe wanders the land, living off the charity of others, any odd jobs he can perform, and the safety net of his inherited wealth.

PERSONALITY: Moe is a friendly and outgoing person, always excited to see new things or meet new people. He is full of energy and cheer, with a near-perpetual smile on his face and bounce in his step. He is exceedingly curious, interested in a great many things, and will cheerfully root through any box or bag that catches his interest, regardless of ownership. He is interested in learning things, but has generally poor social skills, being brutally honest, having no sense of personal space, speaking his mind without thinking, and generally being unable to read the room.

That said, he enjoys brightening the mood and is devastated by overly negative reactions to his antics. While generally tolerant of rejection, if he kills a good mood or makes someone legitimately angry or sad, he becomes much quieter and depressed, and determined to make amends. When he puts his mind to it, he can focus intently on his task, to the exclusion of all distractions, until he gets the result he wants.

LIFE ASPIRATION: Secretly dreams of becoming a Pokemon Ranger, but wants to gsin more practical knowledge of living off the land, raising Pokemon, and battling with them. He is looking for the perfect park to range: a place he can take walks, meet new people, learn new things, and maybe fight off poachers or other ne'er-do-wells.

STARTING OPTIONS:
Pinsir
Flygon
Mismagius

LITERACY CHECKER: http://www.pokecommunity.com/showpost.php?p=8753736&postcount=489

KEYCODE: [42TTEJM-TORTERRA]

Gelius3

Certified Idiotic Potato
Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Mar 24, 2024
I might have to drop out from the SU Working due to School Exams. However, i will try to keep up with this and spectate.

Who's Kiyo?

puking rainbows
Years
[ Record ] Saturday 8 May 1999 10:57:01 p.m.​

<WINENDINE?> [ Attached " Account <GODZIL> " ]
<MUSH_ROOMY> Goddamn tourists.
<TRAINWRECK> I'm coming up positive...
<TRAINWRECK> This guy's INFECTED...
<WINENDINE?> hes got a weird thing for mixing present and past tense
<TRAINWRECK> ...Yeah, we should watch out for that in his adventure logs
<TRAINWRECK> ...It might weird out the system...​

Last edited:
Years

TRAINER CLASS/NAME: Sports Kid Jack Burroughs

AGE/GENDER/APPEARANCE: 13 Male
images

HISTORY/PERSONALITY:

--LOADING--

Jack is a rather popular kid at school. He's athletic, funny, and everybody thinks he's cool. What they don't see, is the side of him that goes home and plays Pocket Monsters all of the time. While he secretly loves it, it's seen as "social suicide" at school. Thus, Jack and Jack are the only people who know of his love for Pocket Monster.

Jack often has long car drives, going out quite the distances for different sports events. This is the main time when Jack pulls out his training cards or whatever Pocket Monster merchandise he has and plays with whatever he has. He makes sure to properly hide it though so that none of his friends see it. He couldn't imagine how --- how humiliated he would be. If one person knew, it wouldn't be long before everybody knew. Where Jack is from, Pocket Monsters are rare and seen as childish. If you own a Pocket Monster, you're basically a loser.

--PLEASE WAIT--
--DO NOT TURN OFF SYSTEM--
--LOADING--

Jack plays (American) football and baseball. Superstar on the field, gamer off the field. He has one little brother and lives with his mother and father. They are a busy family who has little free time. Jack is often tired because he uses the night time as his free time.

Jack has quite a few friends, but no real "best friend." He's never taken the time to establish one. This is mainly how he got into the game of Pocket Monsters. It has become his best friend and such, he has vast knowledge over the subject. He's spent more time studying the creatures than studying for math class.

Jack isn't super smart, but he isn't dumb either. A very sarcastic who happens to be a bit of a smart-Alec. While it is usually meant in kind-heartedness, Jack doesn't always come across that way. In fact, he's received detentions for it before.

Jack isn't really the caring type. If he is, he doesn't show it. His whole life, he's been pushed to work harder and harder in sports. He never received mercy and he doesn't show it to others. Unless it's absolutely necessary to stop, Jack will push people to their limits. He tries to make sure everyone does their best and that they are always working their hardest.

To go along with his sporting ways, Jack won't give up. Even in the roughest of times, he doesn't give up until the Snorlax sings. He believes that there is always a way out of something or a way to overcome some obstacle.

Jack is a bit sad that his life has been rather uneventful up until this point but hopes that will change eventually. He knows that there are so many things he has yet to experience in the world. What he doesn't know, is that not all of things are good. While he has experienced a fair amount of physical pain, he has experienced little mental pain. The saddest he's ever been was when a school field trip was canceled.

Up to now, the three main things in Jack's life have been: School, sports, and Pocket Monsters. He realized after a while, it was a bit unrealistic for him to become a pro in sports. He decided instead, he wanted to see the rest of the world. If not the whole world, a part of it. A part of it where he wouldn't have to worry about being embarrassed about loving Pocket Monsters. A place where he could own his own. A place where it was normal for everyone to own a Pocket Monster. He also loves chicken fingers.

LIFE ASPIRATION: Just like any sports kid, Jack's dream is to go big someday. He wants to be in the pros, one of the best. Even though he sees it as an unrealistic goal, he believes it may happen eventually.

Since he understands the unrealisticness of his first dream, Jack hopes to become a Pokemon Master someday. Just like any other Pokemon trainer.

--LOADING COMPLETE--

ETCETERA:

--PLEASE WAIT--
--LOADING MORE DATA--

Jack is a bit interested in females, like the typical teenage boy. He is still a bit embarrassed about it though. more importantly he loves chicken fingers

STARTING OPTIONS:

images
Infernape

images
Dragonite

images
Ludicolo

LITERACY CHECKER:

KEYCODE: 10ABCDETREECKO

Just to make sure I have this correct. Our characters are from a world like our own without Pokemon, correct? It was my initial thought, but I wasn't positive after reading other SUs.

Last edited:

Who's Kiyo?

puking rainbows
Years
[ Record ] Saturday 8 May 1999 10:59:58 p.m.​

<WINENDINE?> [ Attached " Account <CHICKEN_FINGERS> " ]
<TRAINWRECK> The form's well-filled out...despite a few grammatical errors
<TRAINWRECK> ...It just seems to be under the wrong pretense...
<MUSH_ROOMY> Jocks played this game ?
<MUSH_ROOMY> I thought this was only for nerds what the Christ
<WINENDINE?> is anyone else really hungry all of a sudden
<TRAINWRECK> ...people needed to submerge their characters in the world
<TRAINWRECK> I mean nowadays us three are the only real people playing this game...
<TRAINWRECK> The other characters are glitched out profiles...moving on their own
<WINENDINE?> i could really go for like chicken or something
<TRAINWRECK> ...The profiles are trainers who exist solely in the game...
<TRAINWRECK> so check for any revised copies...
<WINENDINE?> im super broke right now but mcdonalds sounds so good​

Last edited:
Years
Alright, I think I understand. I have bad eyes (even with glasses) and it was hard for me to read the OP.

I have a few different ideas, but with the current character I have, would it be okay for him to live in an area where Pokemon isn't as popular with the older crowd and it's rather rare for somebody to own their own Pokemon? I'm just wondering since I think it goes along with the "glitch" theme.

Who's Kiyo?

puking rainbows
Years
[ Record ] Saturday 8 May 1999 11:01:29 p.m.​

<WINENDINE?> [ Attached " Account <CHICKEN_FINGERS> v.2 " ]
<TRAINWRECK> This is definitely the right version...
<TRAINWRECK> Everything's coming up INFECTED...
<WINENDINE?> just so youre not worried about me i ordered mcnuggets
<WINENDINE?> hunger quenched​

IggyKoopa

Years
I'm gonna make another character to see if we can get enough characters to start:

TRAINER CLASS/NAME:
Headphones Kid Miles Holden​

AGE/GENDER/APPEARANCE:
15 years old, male.​
Miles stands at a modest 5'8" and possesses an average frame. His dirty blond hair is tied in a ponytail that goes down to his shoulders, and his eyes are a silvery-blue color. His arms and legs are particularly skinny and bony, and it's clear that he isn't much of a physically active person.​
His clothes are quite simple, with blue jeans and a graphic tee depicting his favorite Pokémon, Garchomp. He's almost never seen without his pair of headphones around his neck, plugged into a Walkman clipped to his jeans.​

HISTORY/PERSONALITY:
Miles is quiet and very introverted, only letting his feelings show when he feels he should. However, behind this mask is a person who is very kind and altruistic, even if he doesn't decide to show it, and he often strives for the best in whatever he's pursuing. He's determined, as well; anything he starts will be seen through to the end, and he makes sure of it.​
However, this all can lead to him being burnt out quickly and retreating back into his shell, where he privately runs everything through his head in an attempt to rationalize it all. He's a very private person in the first place, too; it's difficult for one to get him to reveal what he's thinking about, or even smile.​
His biggest obsession is music, which he has loved since he was a kid. Living in an average household with his parents and older sister, he saved up for quite some time to buy a CD player when they were first becoming affordable. He built up a rather large collection of vinyl, tapes, and discs...​
...Until he lost it all in a house fire. No people were harmed, but only a small fraction of his collection was salvageable and he had to begin rebuilding it.​
His social circle has always been rather small, as his perceived coldness has often driven others away. He likes to surround himself with people who "get" him, but also likes to challenge himself to see how well he can "get" others who seem strange and foreign to him.​
Recently, he's also taken up the hobby of Pokémon training; it started as an escape of sorts after the fire, but he became more and more invested in it and has become somewhat good at it -- or at least "not bad" in his opinion.​

LIFE ASPIRATION:
He dreams of making it big as a music producer. He has all of the music knowledge he needs, and just needs the equipment and a little bit of luck. Pokémon is just a side thing.​

STARTING OPTIONS:
mlczIoN.png
Gabite
mlczIoN.png
Cubone
2UC51sh.png
Froakie

LITERACY CHECKER:
See my previous post.​

KEYCODE: [font="Lucida Console][ 8RXRR6K-MUNNA ]
[/font]​

Years
I'm also making a second character. If that's okay with you, I mean.

TRAINER CLASS/NAME: Sportster Robin "Dani" Dannas

APPEARANCE:
Spoiler:

Robin is smaller than average, standing a mere 5' 3" and weighing no more than 100 lbs. Her charcoal black hair reaches her lower back, but is usually done up in a ponytail, held in place with red and blue hair ties. Her skin is dark olive, tanned by her time outside, with notably lighter brown skin under her clothes.

She tends to dress simply, preferring a blue polo shirt and red skirt, with white and blue boots. She often goes swimming, so she wears a blue two-piece swimsuit under her regular clothes.

HISTORY: Robin was born in a small town, with one older brother and one younger sister. Her parents died when she was young, and the three were raised on a farm owned by their grandmother. When she was eight, she was sent to live with her rich aunt and uncle and get a proper education. She didn't much care for it, preferring the physical activity of farm life to the idle city life. After less than a year, she moved back to her grandma's house, but brought along the Pokemon she had acquired in the city. When not doing her chores, she was training them to be athletes, participating in the sports with them.

She was 14 when she went wandering, determined to go train on a mountain and become stronger, because that's what the characters in her comic books did. But she couldn't find a mountain nearby, so she instead decided to run from one side of the country to the other. About three towns in she decided this was a terrible idea, but she had already started her journey and couldn't afford a bus ticket home. So she tried to find a job, and managed to make a little money betting on Pokemon races. She managed to make a friend, and decided to travel with him for a while, following the races and either entering or betting on them. Unfortunately, she had a run of bad luck with her bets, and struggles to find a way to pay off her debt. She has to keep moving, finding time to train in between races.

PERSONALITY: Robin loves to have fun and play games, rarely taking things seriously. She is an athletic prodigy who relies more on natural talent than hard work, and has never seen a reason to buckle down and get serious. Though her skill is undeniable, she tends to shoot her mouth off and rush in without thinking. Actually, she does a lot of things without thinking. This has more than once led to her getting in over her head and needing to be bailed out. She enjoys pitting herself against others in contests, getting boastful if she wins, and bummed out if she loses, but she'll always be ready for Round Two.

She likes two things above all else: sports and baking. As long as you don't talk bad about either of those, she's really easy to get along with. If she doesn't like someone, she is dismissive of them, becoming childish and sarcastic.

LIFE ASPIRATION: To win a gold medal in the Olympics. She wants her Pokemon to succeed too, and hopes to win gold medals in the Pokethlon. After that, open either a gym or a bakery.

ETCETERA: Her favorite sport is soccer, her favorite food is donuts. She doesn't like being called by her first name, preferring her nickname.

STARTING OPTIONS:
Seadra
Blitzle
Ponyta

LITERACY CHECKER: See previous SU.

KEYCODE: RDEQG69-FLYGON

Last edited:

Who's Kiyo?

puking rainbows
Years
[ Record ] Saturday 8 May 1999 11:04:33 p.m.​

<WINENDINE?> [ Attached " Account <IGGYKOOPA> character2 " ]
<WINENDINE?> horrific fires this is what i like to see
<TRAINWRECK> This one's INFECTED too...
<MUSH_ROOMY> What kind of people write this stuff for Pocket Monsters ?!
<WINENDINE?> ones who know how to have fun​

[ Record ] Saturday 8 May 1999 11:09:01 p.m.​

<WINENDINE?> [ Attached " Account <GODZIL> character2 " ]
<TRAINWRECK> ...while it's overall pretty good...history is a bit lacking...
<TRAINWRECK> Can you check over this one again?
<WINENDINE?> youre so needy, god​

JukeboxTheGhoul

Rocking Round the Clock
Years

aYEr1MP.png

A1hsqIw.png

Ofouyyr.png

TRAINER CLASS/NAME: [NOBLE RUNAWAYS]

AGE/GENDER/APPEARANCE:
VINCENT: 16
Spoiler:

Autumn: 13
Spoiler:

HISTORY/PERSONALITY: Vincent and Autumn were born in a rich manor off in the north, Vincent being the heir to their household treasures, and Autumn grew up in the shadow of Vincent. The tutor they were given when they were growing up taught both of them so even though they have a 3 year age gap, they grew up together. While Vincent and Autumn grew close, they and their parents grew distant. Hardly seeing any of them while their mother and father worked. Autumn took Vincent as a role model, but then she started to dress up like her brother, she started to pretend, act. Their mother was working on a government project and their father worked as a Banker. One day, when their mother never came back, their father was heartbroken when she simply disappeared. Heartbroken, he went to court, suing the employer of her, but inevitably failed because the National Department Of Espionage isn't supposed to exist, and with this failed lawsuit. The manor was left with all the lawyer charges. The manor cut back on staff, he sold his cars. His money deliquesced. Then one night, he came back home, he sought comfort with his children, but when he walked in to the Autumn's room and saw she was not there, he headed towards Vincent's room, and caught Vincent helping Autumn pursue her disguise. Enraged, he scolded them, Their parents had traditional ideals, Their father stomped on her dream to dress up, grounding them both. Vincent had a plan, they would leave, she didn't have an identity outside of the manor. She would not be known outside, she could be all she wanted. Under the cover of night, Vincent crept in to her room and explained his plan, they would slip out of the manor from her window and then she would be known as Owen. She would never have to be something she didn't want to be. But they couldn't survive slumming it, so they took up becoming a trainer, this fit their purposes perfectly. And this is the story of their treks.

LIFE ASPIRATION: Vincent is focussed on the present at the moment, he hasn't thought of a life aspiration as most of his life he's been the protector of his sister, after she becomes independent, he might pursue a personal goal of finding his own self separate from Owen. Although a secret goal of his is to find his mother and possibly take up a job in espionage following after his mother, after he finds her. Autumn is focussed on finding a way to forever continue her persona as Owen, at the moment she is still adjusting to this pretense, her long term goal is to master the powers of Pocket monsters, trying to unlock the secrets and possibly learn these herself. She also wants to become a professional swimmer.
ETCETERA: The two are co-dependant on each other, their rich lifestyle hasn't affected their personality much as they were often indignant. Autumn has a love for swimming but due to her secret it is very hard to swim without giving it away and she wants to try to find a time to swim while maintaining her secret. Since this is technically two saves, there will be four pocket monsters, two each.

I didn't know how indepth I could go for this particular issue, this is my justification for the short-ish biography/history.

STARTING OPTIONS:
OWEN:
349.gif

Feebas

351.gif

Castform

Vincent:
292.gif

Shedninja
128.gif

Tauros

LITERACY CHECKER: [ 33EWHC2A - LINK DECODED WARNING: M-RATED PSYCHOPATH CHARACTER]

KEYCODE: [13EAMELF-LICKITUNG]

IggyKoopa

Years
Out of boredom, I decided to decode some of the messed up text in here.

randomly named glitch type (which often has '9' in it) glitch Pokémon in ... Poermon, closely follyuid by 'M (00) and it is the easiest ... distinct forms, but the most frequent forms (that being the ... forms) share 3 index number each. In later generations, othese; they have little ... in Poytmon Red and Blue or Yellow Missingnil.'s cry is generally the ga ... cry: a Nidoran♂ (base 00)'s cry with a pitch of 0 and no echo. This is because ... are undefinedw Missinkko. have different cries (specifically 0x43, 0x45, 0x4F, 0x51, 0x5E, ost frequent forms that being the hav

This is the text in the logo, easiest to read and easiest to find. It's pretty clearly the Bulbapedia entry for Missingno, corrupted somewhat.

the system automatical
the system automatically uses the znherzt
the system automatically uses the inherit system of the

The beginning of GEARS' log.

rolling down the river trackeg (tracking?) going there were rdo then they began

No amount of Google-Fu will find where this came from and I have no idea if it even means anything.

Beale Ciphers - In 15 astainiry and three encrysages According to the pamphlet, around 1820 a man named Beale buried two wagons full of treasure at a secret location in Bedford County, Virginia. He then left [ivelostallmy] a small locked box with [/silver] a local innkeeper and left town never to be

Now it gets interesting. This is a cut-up version of this web page about famous unsolved ciphers. Could it mean anything? I don't know, but...

The capture of the Enigma code machine 70 years ago changed the course of the second world war. But the secret codes broken by this event were not history tou▓▓t ciphers. Plenty of codes are uncracked and as MacGregor Campbell discovers, the solutions may provide the key to murders or even treasure

...The next thing that GEARS sticks in his log is also about ciphers, from this NewScientist article.

So yeah, that's all a thing.

Years
Added more.

So either ciphers play a big part in this game, or that was thr most convoluted red herring I've ever seen.

Back