• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Help and Requests

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Mar 11, 2014
REPOSTING: hey is there a tool to extract 3d models from wii .iso's (SSBB, PBR) and put them into .3ds format?? i know it's possible but i don't know how to do it.

TELL ME PLEASE!!!
ps if this is the wrong area of the forums to ask this then Tell ME!!

Years
  • Seen Dec 21, 2008
Some help please!

I Have a few of questions regarding a game me and my friend are making.
So please bear with me...(We are using RMXP)

1. We have the Gym Leader put in and the battle for him, but whats the script/event code for obtaining the badge? Sorry if I phrased this in a complicated manner.

2.This might have to tie in with the first question, but how do activate the event/script for using HM's after you've beaten the first gym leaders.

3.Does anyone know a good sprite editor? And a way to make Sprites bigger?(Like the ones off of Spriters-Resource)

4.How do you make it look like lights are on in a building during night?

5.How do you make it so enviroment music seperates from battle music.(Ex.Walking in a route and when you enter a battle the route music plays.)

This is all.
Please help.

Glitchfinder

Let's all get along, please?
Years
REPOSTING: hey is there a tool to extract 3d models from wii .iso's (SSBB, PBR) and put them into .3ds format?? i know it's possible but i don't know how to do it.

TELL ME PLEASE!!!
ps if this is the wrong area of the forums to ask this then Tell ME!!

Considering the fact that it still takes serious hacking skills to extract 3D models from N64 games, and that there are STILL no real tools for doing that, you're probably out of luck if you want to do that with the Wii.

Hardy Har Har

Oh dear, oh my...
Years
problems here

i made a new map and there is a problem:
mistake.jpg

(what i mean is the black area beside the trees)
and when that map is accessed at night, it still remains the same--not tinted...
how can i fix that?

Last edited:
Years
i made a new map and there is a problem:
mistake.jpg

(what i mean is the black area beside the trees)
and when that map is accessed at night, it still remains the same--not tinted...
how can i fix that?

I have the answers to your questions. For the black you must have 7 tiles to the left and right and 5 tiles to the top and bottom in order to not see the black. As for the day night system, I am guessing you are using Essentials. You need to either use the editor or from the playtest use F9 to access the editor. There you can go into the Visual Editor while on the map you want to have the day night system and double click it. Setting the Outdoor setting to true enables the Day night system. You should be able to get this information in the Notes provided with Essentials.

Poundflaf Pokemon Master

Poundflaf is the MASTER!
Years
  • Seen Jul 8, 2008
How do you start a game?

I need to know! I want to make pokemon thunder version. I am making special colored pokemon. Non-Shiny

Last edited:

Poundflaf Pokemon Master

Poundflaf is the MASTER!
Years
  • Seen Jul 8, 2008
I just think like CRAZZYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Flameguru

Pokemon: Metallic Silver
Years
  • Seen Mar 26, 2024
Oh my...

Well did you even bother to check the thread just a little below this one called Pokemon Essentials?

That might help, but I'm sure you won't get too far until you give up or ask 100's of questions.

Flameguru

Pokemon: Metallic Silver
Years
  • Seen Mar 26, 2024
I just think like CRAZZYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Okay...that's annoying.

Beginning towns are usually dealing with plants/trees (Ex: New Bark and Littleroot).

For the rest, just think of appealing names that are creative and fit the town itself.

Vampire://Krimm

→ clocks everywhere →
Years
Oooh, cool thread!

While those are all good ways to name areas, you can also use the nifty translator~ Just type in something that the town has, translate it in the prefered language, and boom! you've got a nifty name!

Because my own game originally expanded with the Portuguese influence, quite a few of the town/city names are actually Portuguese, Example is Friagua City, Maresia City, etc, etc. (No, I'm not Portuguese.)

Poundflaf Pokemon Master

Poundflaf is the MASTER!
Years
  • Seen Jul 8, 2008
Tried it. NOPE!:( Please help! The main pokemon is Dark Tyranitar (different colored) and your starter is a special colored gible.

Short Range

Chargin' mah Solarbeam!
Years
Game Maker 7 ~ Drawing to the view.

Hi all, I seem to have a small problem with my Bird's Eye View game in Game Maker 7. Let me first tell you what my game is about. The main character so far is a brown sphere and the walls are just a recolor of the original wall sprites but this is just in it's beta stages. There is a crosshair, or aimer, where the mouse is to aim with when shooting a things.
Now, here is my problem; I have created an object called obj_control which, when placed in the room, creates a black background on a portion of the screen and creates health bars on top of it to create the effect of a HUD screen. Here's some screenshots so you can get a better idea of what's wrong.

This is a normal screen of when I start the game. Notice the player and aimer.
screen1ex6.png

This is what happens when the camera follows the player around.
screen2wz0.png

What I want to do here is make the black HUD underlay go over the walls and other things. In other words, I want to set the HUD underlay as top priority so that it may be easy to see. Thank you very much to anyone who can figure out my problem.

blueguy

No capitalization required. ;D
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Aug 20, 2013
My advice is to pick a theme, like all of the actual games. For example, R/B/Y's cities were all named after colors. The next gen was mostly flowers or trees. So, choose some unifying theme and name your cities accordingly, maybe?

Short Range

Chargin' mah Solarbeam!
Years
So what exactly are you looking for? I'd be happy to help you. You'll need a Game Making program to start it off. Do you have RPG Maker XP?

Poundflaf Pokemon Master

Poundflaf is the MASTER!
Years
  • Seen Jul 8, 2008
to above... ?????????????????????????????????????????????????

I can post dark tyranitar and three evolutions of the starter and the hidden trainer's special pokemon. Want me to?

recolor.php

Flygon : Hidden Trainer

recolor.php

Dark Tyranatar: only type: dark

Starter Evolutions: Electric/fire stages

recolor.php

recolor.php

recolor.php

Last edited:

Glitchfinder

Let's all get along, please?
Years
Hi all, I seem to have a small problem with my Bird's Eye View game in Game Maker 7. Let me first tell you what my game is about. The main character so far is a brown sphere and the walls are just a recolor of the original wall sprites but this is just in it's beta stages. There is a crosshair, or aimer, where the mouse is to aim with when shooting a things.
Now, here is my problem; I have created an object called obj_control which, when placed in the room, creates a black background on a portion of the screen and creates health bars on top of it to create the effect of a HUD screen. Here's some screenshots so you can get a better idea of what's wrong.

This is a normal screen of when I start the game. Notice the player and aimer.
screen1ex6.png

This is what happens when the camera follows the player around.
screen2wz0.png

What I want to do here is make the black HUD underlay go over the walls and other things. In other words, I want to set the HUD underlay as top priority so that it may be easy to see. Thank you very much to anyone who can figure out my problem.

Well, I would never recommend Game maker, as it wars with the operating system for processing power. That aside, I believe that you have your Z coordinates wrong if you want it in front. You have to have the z coordinates higher to make it in front, and lower to put it behind. (in GM's scriping language, its called z coordinates, but I don't remember what it was called in the main portion of the program) It should be in your object properties.

Short Range

Chargin' mah Solarbeam!
Years
Well it looks okay so far. If you want to make a Pokemon game then find a program called RPG Maker XP. download it, look around for tutorials and the Pokemon Starter Kit, some people are helping me with that now. I'm still beginning with it. :P

Atasco

Neopet
Years
Well, for obtaining badges, you could have it to where the badges are like items and you could put a conditional statement on the HM you want to use, for example, let's say you need the third badge to cut down trees. Have the cuttable trees as an object, and use that conditional statment in the event. Ex:
Conditional Statement: if you have 3rd badge
show text: This tree looks like it could be cut down!
Use cut?
show choices: Yes, No
if Yes:
Erase event
if No:
Else
show text: This tree looks like it could be cut down!

Now, this is not exactly how it should look, but it should give you an idea of how it should work.

Now for the background music, remember that going to box that lets you change that should help you fix that problem, not the eventing box, but the one on the toolbar.

Oh poo!
I forgot about the lights!
I have got to tell you, this may be difficult. If you set up an event to change graphic at a certian time you could acomplish this.

Now for the sprite editors, I draw a blank. (no pun intended) You see, I suck at editing sprites, so you may want to ask someone else, because I realize paint is not the way to go... but I don't know what is.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back