• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon AshGray Version (Beta 4.5 Released!!)

Years
Can any one help here... I am playing the hack currently at got into the episode where the Balloon crashes in an island and we meet an old couple after walking a bit. There is also a house below them and when I enter it there is an old lady blocking the way and my game freezes there....

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Apr 14, 2014
Can any one help here... I am playing the hack currently at got into the episode where the Balloon crashes in an island and we meet an old couple after walking a bit. There is also a house below them and when I enter it there is an old lady blocking the way and my game freezes there....

you have to patch the rome on a 4.0 ips the your game wont freeze. Or you could use the walk trough walls cheat and just go trough the threes

Years
  • Seen Sep 9, 2013
Hello!!Please release all events..what to do after the episode "a way off a day off"
Thanks a lot for the game .. At least metapod give us release dates.. are u planning for the johto also..
plz give us the release dates.. Once again Thanks a lot for the hack... Awesome..u rock!!

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Oct 18, 2013
Hi! So I am playing AshGrey and have been having an amazing time with this incredible hack! However, I am currently stuck and would love some help. I just made it to Tangelo Island and whenever I try to get past the lady (whenever I enter that building, really) my game freezes. I've looked online and it says there's a walking through walls cheat that could solve this problem, but I am unable to put in the code into my game (I have a mac - yes, I've tried watching videos and following those directions to put in the codes and nothing's helped) . Does anyone have any other solutions or anything? Thank you so much!

(Also, I just saw the response about patching it to a 4.0...I have it patched to 4.2, so would I need to change it, and if so, how would that work with loading my save files and such? Thanks!)

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Sep 9, 2013
Hello all, I noticed that some moves such as Fire Spin and Giga Drain have changed base powers, and that Rage works like rollout. Does anyone know what other moves are altered?

Years
@zeloskun

Go to page 183. download 4.0 beta posted by metapod. patch it with the fire red rom on the fist page. (IPS Patcher Lunar) Make a Safefile on your desktop of your 4.2. Load it with the 4.0 beta. Then you should be able to get past the old lady.

PS: Many people got the same problem and it was answered not too long ago ;).

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Oct 18, 2013
@zeloskun

Go to page 183. download 4.0 beta posted by metapod. patch it with the fire red rom on the fist page. (IPS Patcher Lunar) Make a Safefile on your desktop of your 4.2. Load it with the 4.0 beta. Then you should be able to get past the old lady.

PS: Many people got the same problem and it was answered not too long ago ;).

Thanks!

However, I am a little confused on the savefile thing on the desktop...or, at least, loading them with the 4.0. My computer won't let me load the file with a specific .gpa and won't let me open a .sav by itself with VBA. I guess I'm just a little confused with the whole process; using a VBA is actually very recent for me. Thank you for all your help!

Years
Thanks!

However, I am a little confused on the savefile thing on the desktop...or, at least, loading them with the 4.0. My computer won't let me load the file with a specific .gpa and won't let me open a .sav by itself with VBA. I guess I'm just a little confused with the whole process; using a VBA is actually very recent for me. Thank you for all your help!

No problem, I´m also not very experienced with emluators, pachting etc. ^^. I´ll try my best to explain it, hope it will help you =): What emulator do you choose? I´m using Visualboy, because it´s simple to handle. With it you can save your File in an extra File or you can save it in the emulator. You need to use the first way and save it somethere (Safe...). It could be your desktop or your downloads. Then you just need to open your 4.0 beta with the emulator and use "Load..." to open the safefile from your 4.2 beta. I hoped that helped you somehow.

PS: Dont forget that, the you patch 4.0 it will be your firered room that becomes ash gray.

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
@alien: You should know "Search this thread" button by now, man...
You are here for some time and you're not same as the noobies...
I quoted Metapod's post somewhere around there as well... just search.

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Jun 22, 2014
Why can't I get to the Orange islands? I just past the event where you release your pigeot and the area where you go to go to the Orange islands is just trees there's no where for me to go. And it's not the type of trees that can be cut down. Please help !!!

Jésrøñ bans

Dreams come true.....
Years
Why can't I get to the Orange islands? I just past the event where you release your pigeot and the area where you go to go to the Orange islands is just trees there's no where for me to go. And it's not the type of trees that can be cut down. Please help !!!
Download the latest beta.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Oct 8, 2013
I have a problem in the TANGELO ISLAND

After the whole thing with team rocket's zeppelin

I landed in the island with Misty, she goes away and when I try to enter the house, there is an old woman blocking the way (inside) and she says some weird characters (seems like a bug)

Help please!

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Oct 22, 2016
i need help im on the orange islands and there is a bug when i enter the old lady house

I used walk through walls and walked over the house... That was my solution.

second solution:

Do you have save before this?
Try to reload and before entering this event, repatch this with 4.0 version, try to go through this event and repatch to the version you are using.

it just took me 2 minutes..

lowkey1202

Unofficial Game Tester
Years
  • Age 11
  • Seen Nov 20, 2023
when ever i go in this house it glitchs up its the one right after the blimp crash its probaly a script error
PokemonFireRedashgray1_zps46cf64ca.png

PokemonFireRedashgray_zps80aea861.png

Years
@alien: You should know "Search this thread" button by now, man...
You are here for some time and you're not same as the noobies...
I quoted Metapod's post somewhere around there as well... just search.
Problem is I have changed my profile settings so that I see Last page as First when I log in that is why I am not finding it. Oh well I found the solution already so thanks for the heads up

Back