• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon: Gary Edition![Pre Beta-1 Released.]

Should I release a Pre-beta?

• Yes

Votes: 24 80.0%
  • No

Votes: 6 20.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ryousha

Waiting for Gen 4 Remakes
Years
Well, I'm thinking of in the future, putting a vote as to who the girl shall be, if not, it will either stay the same, be a whole new design, or be may.

-Update-
Pre-beta 1.1 released, just a bugfix though.
Also, I changed the title screen to firered's. I didn't like it that much...

I think I can make ash like this:
27225395nv4.png
17417181gg9.png

Is that what you mean't, having pikachu on ash's back?
I could make more, but then Ash would have Pikachu before he gets a a pokemon...
you can't do it liek that, the ow is 16x32, use a FR OW resizer, and make 0 to 32x32 so you canput them both in the same frame :).

ask cooley, or someone to fix it, so the script will make pikachu appear.

Years
you can't do it liek that, the ow is 16x32, use a FR OW resizer, and make 0 to 32x32 so you canput them both in the same frame :).

I'm not actually gonna USE that exact sprite, I have a resized set, but I won't use em since I only have 2 frames :(.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jul 26, 2022
i'm still having that problem with the patch so idk. i just patched the fixed 1.1 one and the screen still went black after new game >> explaining controls so idk what's wrong... =/

Years
i'm still having that problem with the patch so idk. i just patched the fixed 1.1 one and the screen still went black after new game >> explaining controls so idk what's wrong... =/
Its probably your rom... your the only one I get this problem from. TRy using a different Pokemon Firered (U) rom.

cooley

///Keepin' it simple
Years

Ask cooley?
You think I can do anything, don't you? Well, no, the idea is stupid, because there is no way that can happen. It would involve ASM, and it's easy coming up with ASM routines, but it's hard to actually edit the game's code. For this, you would need to do that.

Just because I help with scripts, doesn't mean I know everything. So don't do that, again.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jul 26, 2022
new banners =)
6enpxu.png

2j4oi1k.png

Hope u like them!(i like the second one better lol)

Ryousha

Years
Ask cooley?
You think I can do anything, don't you? Well, no, the idea is stupid, because there is no way that can happen. It would involve ASM, and it's easy coming up with ASM routines, but it's hard to actually edit the game's code. For this, you would need to do that.

Just because I help with scripts, doesn't mean I know everything. So don't do that, again.

lololol it was meant to be a joke, cooley :P.

sudden_hit

The Chikorita lover :]
Years
  • Seen Jan 11, 2015
one problem, Gary doesnt actually get an Eevee, if you remember rightly he gets one of the three normal starters however Ash is late and gets the bratty little pikachu ;)

Ryousha

Years
one problem, Gary doesnt actually get an Eevee, if you remember rightly he gets one of the three normal starters however Ash is late and gets the bratty little pikachu ;)

judging by the anime, his first pokemon was an eevee then he got his starter which was a squirtle.

sudden_hit

The Chikorita lover :]
Years
  • Seen Jan 11, 2015
Yeah maybe something pretty close to the beginning tho ;) maybe in viridian city, you know where that small bit of water is? Maybe have something there? Like he finds an injured squirtle? I dno but whatever :P

Years
Backsprites will be added as soon as chrispy puts em in :(
Yeah maybe something pretty close to the beginning tho ;) maybe in viridian city, you know where that small bit of water is? Maybe have something there? Like he finds an injured squirtle? I dno but whatever :P

That'll be a lifesaver when battling brock.
I had to catch a growlithe and a mankey to beat brock :(.
But like I said, its not that important compared to what I'm working on now.

fenwickc1189

Always Unexpected
Years
  • WA
  • Seen Jul 26, 2008
Also, the title screen is reverted to normal.

Yeah, I continued to open the file, but I was confused that the title screen still looked like Fire Red's so I didn't start it.

Starting the game, the pikachu in the tutorial has a glitch on its head.

Then, I move into naming of the characters. First off, the boy/girl character drawss me off. If the main goal is to be Gary and be a rival to Ash, then i would think that the main character should be a guy. If it were a story about a certain character then i belive the chracter should keep the same gender. The first person needs to be switched with the second person. You have Ash and Gary mixed up. And when naming Ash's character, you could put an option for Ash's name instead.

Not far from Firered, just that you start leaving from a Sleepover at Ash's house, and Get ready to start your adventure! (Basically, for now its Ash's story slightly edited... for now.)

I got confused going downstairs. I went straight to the lady at the table and thought I was still playing fire red or something. But then I read it again and it she said "your grampa". Any way, I was confused to see Gary in Ash's house. I watched the anime the first season and Ash and Gary didn't seem to like each other so much. Ash was always so jealous of Gary. Gary was always so negative to Ash. That being said, Gary waking up in Ash's home caught me off guard. It may be better for Gary to wake up in his own home. Then, when he goes downstairs, his sister runs up to him and tells him to hurry to meet Gramps his lab, icluding that she knows Gary wants to get a better pokemon than Ash and that he should hurry before Ash gets there.

Then, when you arrive in at Oak's lab, it would be cool for Oak to tell you that most of his friends already have came and chosen ther pokemon, including he is surprised that you got here so late and that Ash still is not here. Then include that there only two pokemon left. And to remember to make the best choice.

For the pikachu problems and since we know Ash should get pikachu, Oak should say something like, "Sometimes it may be better for a trainer if their pokemon likes them more. If a pokemon is happy more often, it will do better in out out of battle more."

When you go up to pikachu, the text should be like "Pikachu growls at you. Pikachu turns its back and tail whips you. Pikachu does not trust you at all. Pikachu doesn't want you to be its trainer." And then there would be no selection of whether or not you want Pikachu.

Then when you go up to Eevee, the text could say the opposite and there would be a selection of whether you want Eevee.

When you choose Eevee, Ash should be running up to Oak and Oak should tell Ash that he is the last person to choose a pokemon, so there is only one left. Ash would go up to Pikachu and select it.

Any way, that is all I'm going to write for now. These are all suggestion, you don't have to do them, but I think it could better your goal of the rivalry between Ash and Gary and make it a new perspective of the anime in which you are Gary and not Ash.

Years
Yeah, I continued to open the file, but I was confused that the title screen still looked like Fire Red's so I didn't start it.

Starting the game, the pikachu in the tutorial has a glitch on its head.

Then, I move into naming of the characters. First off, the boy/girl character drawss me off. If the main goal is to be Gary and be a rival to Ash, then i would think that the main character should be a guy. If it were a story about a certain character then i belive the chracter should keep the same gender. The first person needs to be switched with the second person. You have Ash and Gary mixed up. And when naming Ash's character, you could put an option for Ash's name instead.

I got confused going downstairs. I went straight to the lady at the table and thought I was still playing fire red or something. But then I read it again and it she said "your grampa". Any way, I was confused to see Gary in Ash's house. I watched the anime the first season and Ash and Gary didn't seem to like each other so much. Ash was always so jealous of Gary. Gary was always so negative to Ash. That being said, Gary waking up in Ash's home caught me off guard. It may be better for Gary to wake up in his own home. Then, when he goes downstairs, his sister runs up to him and tells him to hurry to meet Gramps his lab, icluding that she knows Gary wants to get a better pokemon than Ash and that he should hurry before Ash gets there.

Then, when you arrive in at Oak's lab, it would be cool for Oak to tell you that most of his friends already have came and chosen ther pokemon, including he is surprised that you got here so late and that Ash still is not here. Then include that there only two pokemon left. And to remember to make the best choice.

For the pikachu problems and since we know Ash should get pikachu, Oak should say something like, "Sometimes it may be better for a trainer if their pokemon likes them more. If a pokemon is happy more often, it will do better in out out of battle more."

When you go up to pikachu, the text should be like "Pikachu growls at you. Pikachu turns its back and tail whips you. Pikachu does not trust you at all. Pikachu doesn't want you to be its traner." And then there would be no selection of whether or not you want Pikachu.

Then when you go up to Eevee, the text could say the opposite and there would be a selection of whether you want Eevee.

When you choose Eevee, Ash should be running up to Oak and Oak should tell Ash that he is the last person to choose a pokemon, so there is only one left. Ash would go up to Pikachu and select it.

Any way, that is all I'm going to write for now. These are all suggestion, you don't have to do them, but I think it could better your goal of the rivalry between Ash and Gary and make it a new perspective of the anime in which you are Gary and not Ash.

I have mixed feelings about this post, but I accept the criticism, even though this is my first hack, and it is still in Pre-beta . I'm still working on in, and Pre-beta was just a bug-search/fix stage, which is still going on. This hack isn't a remake of the anime, it's not going to have every single detail, and being a noob hacker, I cannot make the impossible possible.(For now.)

fenwickc1189

Always Unexpected
Years
  • WA
  • Seen Jul 26, 2008
Yeah. Originality is much better. I only got into the beta a little and then decided to do something else.

Any way, good luck on the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back