• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Catman's Challenge Challenge

EpicJackman

Ace Attorney
Years
Well, it appears that my run this time was flawless in terms of deaths. I did kill a few encounters, but I nabbed some good ones! Other than that, the Gengar I caught won't be useful until Level 21 when it learns Night Shade...

Team:
Spoiler:

The dead box remains with only one death. No new deaths here!

Last edited:
Years
Got the second badge!
I have nothing to say really. No deaths, no problems, only some little scary fights.
Team:
Spoiler:

Enigma

[i][font=Noto Serif][color=#e2ad53]The [color=#d94
Years

Is it too late for me to get in on this? Just start off with the traditional nuzlocke up to the first badge yeah?

Name: Enigma
Game: Randomized Emerald
Extra Clauses and Rules: I'll have to nickname everything.

ジュナイパー

シャドーアローズ? ??トライク!
Years

Is it too late for me to get in on this? Just start off with the traditional nuzlocke up to the first badge yeah?

Name: Enigma
Game: Randomized Emerald
Extra Clauses and Rules: I'll have to nickname everything.
Of course it's not too late! Just continue up to the first badge with the Nuzlocke Challenge rules, then up to the second badge with the Tri-Species Challenge rules. The next phase'll probably be posted either tomorrow or on Thursday or something like that. *shrugs* It all depends on the amount of people waiting for it.

Wow. Kostucha, EpicJackman, and DarkChibimon! You guys work quickly.

Enigma

Years

Challenge Challenge Update!

ccrandophase1.2_zpsoehbczbw.png

Phase 1 and 2 Complete!

Began Randomized Emerald, the choices for starters were Walrein, Mr.Mime, and Sunflora.
I chose Walrein and named her Reina.
As soon as I received Pokeballs, I caught a Kecleon on Route 101. Named her Hidden.
Caught a Donphan on Route 103, named him Tusk.
Caught a Corsola on Route 102, named him Korsolo.
First trainer had a Celebi!
Wally caught a Dratini.
Caught a Metang on Route 104, named it Umlaut.
Caught a Exeggutor in Petalburg Woods, named him Exotic.
Got my first badge! The closest I was to death was due to a selfdestruct-using Weezing, but luckily I had Korsolo out.

Time for the trispecies! Phase 2!
Decided upon using Reina, Tusk, and Umlaut as my three for this phase.
Getting to Dewford was a breeze.
The gym itself was also a breeze, there wasn't anything really threatening inside.
Got my second badge, still no deaths!

Team Stats

Spr_3e_365.png

Reina (Walrein) ♀ Lv. 19
Powder Snow, Ice Ball, Water Gun, Body Slam

Spr_3e_232.png

Tusk (Donphan) ♂ Lv. 14
Horn Attack, Odor Sleuth, Growl, Defense Curl

Spr_3e_375.png

Umlaut (Metang) - Lv. 16
Take Down​

ジュナイパー

シャドーアローズ? ??トライク!
Years
Wow, it's Saturday already?! Time to update and post the next challenge, I guess. Wow! And Enigma skyrockets up to Phase 3! Cool CSS, by the way.
  • Fennel talks to me about the wireless functions of the game (That I can't even use due to the fact that I'm on an emulator on my laptop).
  • I beat Cheren pretty easily on Route 4.
  • I caught Tribus the Misdreavus on Route 4 as well.
  • Encountered a Ludicolo at Wellspring Cave. It killed Tribus, and it almost killed Azriella. So naturally, I had to kill it.
  • Caught Ezintathu the Caterpie at Pinwheel Forest (Section 1). Sadly, it died before I could evolve it into it's true potential.
  • And that's when I realized, I couldn't catch anymore Pok?mon. So I trained the two remaining ones to over level 20.
  • I blew through the Gym Trainers.
  • Lenora was pretty easy. Until she killed Remmy with her Sawk... ;-;

My "Team"
Spoiler:

The Grave
Spoiler:

You guys survived the Nuzlocke and the Tri-Species. Well, at least four of you. Now it's time for the third phase. DRUMROLL PLEASE.
Spoiler:
It is...

THE NATURELOCKE CHALLENGE!

That's right! The Naturelocke Challenge is a challenge where your Pok?mon have certain limitations depending on their Natures! To quote Mewquazabsol's thread:

The Naturelocke Thread said:
? Rules in GREEN are optional, and thus only have to be used if you want to.
Spoiler: I'm putting this in a SPOILER tag because it's kind of long
The Naturelocke Thread said:
Now, here are the specifics:

? Hardy :: These Pok?mon are pretty mild-mannered. They don't tire easily, and they can use all sorts of moves. They also don't mind being HM slaves. ?

? Lonely :: These Pok?mon tend to be loners, so no Pok?mon on their team can share their exact typing. However, if a Lonely Pok?mon is dual-typed, it is welcome to share single types. (i.e. Trash Wormadam can be on the same team as a Beedrill and/or a Steelix, but not a Scizor because they both have the Bug and Steel typing.) Also, after every 5 trainer battles, they like to take some time off from battling and be alone. They are not allowed to battle again until another team member levels up, but they can stay on the team. ?

? Brave and Bold :: These Pok?mon are like blazing flames bursting with courage and energy. They can only use special attacks and recoil moves, and can only be healed by non-Pok?mon Center means at red health. Pok?mon Centers can be used at any level of health, though. They can only occupy the first or second team slot due to their leadership qualities. If they are sent out against a Pok?mon that has a type advantage, they will stay in and fight it. ?

? Adamant :: These Pok?mon stick to their beliefs and decisions like glue. If they can learn any moves that trap and then confuse them, such as Petal Dance or Outrage, they must. Once in battle, they will refuse to switch out until they either faint the opposing Pok?mon or die. ?

? Naughty :: These Pok?mon like to disobey the rules and go their own way. If they can learn any Dark- or Ghost-type moves, they must. Every turn, use a random number generator (RNG) set from 1-8 to determine their action. If a 1, 2 or 3 is rolled, they must use a move. If a 4 or 5 is rolled, they must heal, regardless of health or status. If a 6 or 7 is rolled, they must switch out. If an 8 is rolled, they will choose to follow whatever decision you make. They will refuse to learn weak HMs such as Cut, but will gladly learn more powerful ones like Surf. ?

? Docile :: These Pok?mon tend to avoid fighting due to their pacifist ways, so they can only use status moves and HMs, the latter applying to both battles and the field. Docile 'mons won't fight in major battles (gyms, E4, crime bosses.) ?

? Relaxed, Lax, and Calm :: These laid-back Pok?mon like to, well, relax. They don't like the quick, sudden movements of priority moves such as Quick Attack and Sucker Punch, and prefer status moves or those of the Water, Normal, Grass, and Psychic types. So, if they can learn any of those kinds of moves, they have to. In battle, said types of moves will be used over other types that could be in the Pok?mon's moveset. ?

? Impish :: These Pok?mon like to play pranks on others when they least expect it. After each gym, if an Impish Pok?mon is in your party, use a RNG set from 1-6. Whatever number is "rolled," the Pok?mon occupying that slot will have their item stolen from them and given to the Impish one. If the RNG chooses the Impish Pok?mon, no item is stolen. If the 'mon is already holding an item, they have to give back the item to its orginal owner. If the chosen 'mon has no item, the Impish one gives up and waits until the next gym. ?

? Timid :: These Pok?mon are too afraid to fight against Dark, Ghost, Poison, and Dragon 'mons. They can only hold single-use items because they usually drop them in fright anyway. [color="green]They can only use stat boosters, sound-based moves, switch-out moves, and moves with 70 power or less.[/color] [color="navy"]?[/COLOR]

? Hasty :: These Pok?mon love speed, so if any priority moves can be learnt, they must be. They must be faster than the opposing 'mon to heal or switch out. They are intimidated by Dark, Ghost, Bug, and Dragon Pok?mon, and have to switch out regardless of speed or advantage. ?

? Serious :: These Pok?mon tend to keep a straight face and a stormy mood. They can only deal neutral damage to opponents, so no super effective moves are allowed. They can only learn one HM, and must have at least 2 STAB moves in order to use said HM outside of battle. ?

? Jolly :: These Pok?mon are upbeat and fun to be around. If they are on the team when an Impish Pok?mon steals an item, use a RNG from 1-4 to determine if the Jolly Pok?mon will give back the item. If 1 or 2 are rolled, it will fail, but if 3 or 4 are rolled, the deed will be successful and the Pok?mon can keep their item. If a Jolly Pok?mon does not participate in an important battle but chooses to cheer the team on instead, a Pok?mon can cheat death, but only once before the Elite 4 and once during the E4. ?

? Na?ve :: These Pok?mon are innocent and inexperienced. They don't know about TMs and HMs, so if they are taught one, they have to forget all about a STAB move in exchange. In important battles, they will switch out upon being struck by a critical hit because they have no idea what happened. ?

? Modest :: These generous Pok?mon think little of themselves and more of their teammates. If they can learn an important TM or use an evolution item, they will first offer it to their teammates. If another team member can learn the move or use the item, the Modest Pok?mon will give it to them. If not, it's all theirs. In games where TMs are infinite, they are welcome to any TM. They politely refuse to be healed in battle if another teammate is in critical condition. Again, if not, they can heal all they want. ?

? Mild :: These mild-mannered 'mons can only use Normal moves and status to deal damage. They will sit out during important battles and give their held item to the Pok?mon who needs it the most for the battle. ?

? Quiet :: These shy Pok?mon cannot use sound-based moves or eat berries they don't like the flavor of, regardless of effect. ?

? Bashful :: If a Pok?mon of the opposite gender and same egg group as a Bashful 'mon is on the same team, they can only occupy slots that are next to each other. If there is a chance to breed them, they must. However, if it has already been paired with a Pokemon before and said Pokemon dies or leaves the team, it is not required to do this again. Bashful Pok?mon only can eat sweet berries, regardless of effect. [color="pink]?[/COLOR]

[COLOR="Orange"]?[/color] Rash :: These Pok?mon tend to act on impulse in stressful or angering situations. They can only learn damaging moves, and if they are critical'd, their next turn has to be used to strike back. If an Impish Pok?mon steals an item from a Rash 'mon and it is not given back, the Rash Pok?mon will throw a fit and not be able to participate in the next battle. ?

? Gentle :: Arceus has smiled down on these kind Pok?mon and freed them from any rules. They can be used in any way. ?

? Sassy :: These Pok?mon have both sharp moves and tongues. They can only use moves with over 50 base power and refuse to learn HMs or eat berries they don't like. ?

? Careful :: These cautious Pok?mon will switch out if they are at a type disadvantage. However, if they have a good counter to that advantage, they will choose to stay battle and try to win. If they are critical'd, they will switch out and must be healed next turn. ?

? Quirky :: These Pok?mon go for the odd approach. They cannot use STAB moves, and they don't like having two moves of the same type. They love collecting random things, so they must always hold an item when it is possible. WIP: Randomized quirks ?

Now good luck to you all!
Spoiler:

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Feb 15, 2023
Question: Because I'm in gen 2 and Nature didn't come out until gen 3, shound I RNG each of my pokemon a nature for this part of the challenge?

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Feb 15, 2023
Update #3:
-Beat ExDeath (Sliver) again
-Remember about the Egg, went got it and while I was going to Ilex Forest it hatched into Lamia, The Togpei
-Capture Steel Bat, The Zubat in Iilex Forest
-Capture Metamorpth, The Ditto on Route 34
-Capture Behemoth, The Nidoran ? on Route 35
-Almost lost someone to Mlitanks Rollout =w= But got away with no deaths

Team:
Spoiler:

Box:
Spoiler:

EpicJackman

Ace Attorney
Years
Well, Phase 3 went terribly for me. Thanks, Catman...

-I had to box my Houndour due to it not following the Naturelocke rules
-My Nuzleaf died during grinding by a Machamp. I believe it was a crit, but I was speeding up, so I don't know
-I encountered a level 5 Entei, but I one-shotted it with Scratch...
-I encountered a Pineco, and right after thinking of the possibility that it would Self Destruct, it an hero'd, leaving my Anorith at 5 HP
-I had an abysmal grinding session
-My Slaking DonglyKnog died during said grinding session by a Dratini's Wrap. It was all my fault, since I was about to heal but decided he could survive one more battle. Of course, I was wrong.
-I caught Eugene the Krabby (like Eugene Krabs haha)
-I caught Big Blue the Wailord (pun on Big Red haha feminism)
-Watson's fight takes the cake. He started off with a Flygon, and his Octillery kills my Gengar Qario, who essentially led the team
-I hate the Naturelocke Challenge

Current Team:
Spoiler:

Dead:
Spoiler:

Years
Got the third badge!
I wasn't that lucky this time. My Croconaw sadly died in a trainer battle (watching SGDQ and playing Nuzlocke at the same time might not be the best idea {XD}) and 3 other pokemon died while I tried to train them a bit :(. Let's hope that upcoming locations will give me some interesting pokemon.
Team:
Spoiler:

Junier

Fake Friends Forever (´・ω・`)
Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen Dec 5, 2019
Damn, ya'll have made some progress. Just got Phase 2 out of the way, we'll see how Phase 3 goes. But the former was pretty easy. I basically made a beeline for the gym after Rustboro and the areas south of it. Aino swept Brawly + one Trainer near the gym's entrance.

Party / PC:
Spoiler:

Smooth sailing thus far. Next phase seems a little complex. We'll see how things go!​

Enigma

Years

Challenge Challenge Update!

ccrando3_zpszmslkzui.png

Phase 3 Complete!

Caught a Celebi in Granite Cave, named it "Celery".
Caught a Banette on Route 110, named her "Puppette".
Just proceeded all the way to the gym, pretty much had little difficulty.
There was a trainer with a Latios, but it used Memento immediately...
Defeated Watson to complete the third phase!

Team Stats

Spr_3e_365.png

Reina (Walrein) ♀ Lv. 23
Powder Snow, Ice Ball, Water Gun, Body Slam

Spr_3e_232.png

Tusk (Donphan) ♂ Lv. 22
Horn Attack, Odor Sleuth, Flail, Defense Curl

Spr_3e_375.png

Umlaut (Metang) Lv. 20
Take Down, Confusion, Metal Claw

Spr_3e_251.png

Celery (Celebi) Lv. 23
Confusion, Recover, Heal Bell, AncientPower

CSS by Enigma

Junier

Fake Friends Forever (´・ω・`)
Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen Dec 5, 2019
Finished Phase 3!

Party / PC:
Spoiler:

Easy peasy. The rules regarding specific natures very rarely applied. I think Aino couldn't learn TMs and, according to her Quiet nature, Tacey couldn't eat Pecha berries, lol.​

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Feb 20, 2024
Spoiler:

EDIT: Union Cave is where my adventure ended. Togepi fainted itself with Metronome and I lost Chikorita to a Vulpix. Zubat was pretty useless in there too so I have deleted my save and am currently starting over.

Last edited:

Solar Snivy

#TeamRowlet
Years
  • Age 21
  • USA
  • Seen Jun 1, 2018
I think I'll try this one.

Name:
Solar Snivy
Game: Emerald
Extra Clauses and Rules: Nickname everything, dupes clause, shiny clause.

Last edited:

DyingWillFlareon

Burning Candle
Years
Name: DyingWillFlareon
Game: Vietnamese Crystal
Extra rules:
-Nickname everything with a name randomizer
-Shiny Clause
-Dupes Clause cause i wanna see how thisll work
-Blackout=Continue if I have boxed Pokemon. If no box, catch something on available Routes. If all Routes were used, Game Over.

seeing my challenge made it up there really honestly made me feel a little better TT-TT

Last edited:

DyingWillFlareon

Burning Candle
Years
got our first badge, only death was at the beginning with a Hoothoot that got a crit, i tried to type Mitts for Geodude and accidentally hit start so he's currently known as M ~_~;;;

Team:
Spoiler:

Boxes:
Spoiler:

Lycanroc

under the sun
Years
I'm going to sign up now. Wish me luck.

Name: Luster Purge
Game: Black 2
Extra Clauses and Rules: The game is completely random. This includes movesets, abilities, wild Pokemon, static Pokemon, trainer teams, trainer classes and names, Hidden Hollows, TMs, Move Tutor moves, starters, and I probably forgot something. Shiny Clause and Dupes Clause are present.

I'm going to die.

Back