• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

RSE Remake Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

blue

gucci
Years
There have been more similarities in B2W2 to RSE than BW, with the introduction as Marlon taking the 8th gym leader spot being a Water type and Iris being the new champion which could be seen as a similar role to Wallace, Plasma splitting into two villainous teams (Aqua & Magma) etc. These could easily be coincidences and they could just as easily be references but for the time being, we won't know until next year I'd guess.. that's when we will find out what their next move is in terms of Gen VI, Remakes or a completely new game.

Altius

Flygon Fan
Years
There have been more similarities in B2W2 to RSE than BW, with the introduction as Marlon taking the 8th gym leader spot being a Water type and Iris being the new champion which could be seen as a similar role to Wallace, Plasma splitting into two villainous teams (Aqua & Magma) etc. These could easily be coincidences and they could just as easily be references but for the time being, we won't know until next year I'd guess.. that's when we will find out what their next move is in terms of Gen VI, Remakes or a completely new game.
Now that I think of it, in R/S (not E), you and Magma/Aqua were kinda like allies trying to stop Aqua/Magma.

In BW2, you were somehow "allies" with the knight Plasma, who were trying to stop the dark ones.

Years
  • Seen Jul 16, 2014
If they do make remakes i wonder if they're gonna implement the original R/S stories or somehow add the Emerald story plot to make it more canon.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
Years
Regardless off the point tha I guess most Hoenn pokemon were added at some point in 4th and 5th. That doesn't make sense why they put so many Johto Pokemon in B/W and B/W2. You can catch for than half the Johto Pokemon in Unova. Where in most cases they still haven't had hardly any Hoenn pokemon in the wild. A lot have, but most you have to wait for or get in a swarm.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
Well that might not be so much of a deal as they also left out the Gen I and II legends forcing those who want to complete the dex to buy the gen IV games to get them. So if Hoenn is remade I expect the games to have the legends of the first 3 generations opposed to B2W2's latest 3 generations.

blue

gucci
Years
Either way, one of the Generations (either V or VI) won't have compatibility with a remake; if RS remakes commence under Generation V, then unless they remake Diamond & Pearl which I don't think is necessary for a good few years, then Gen VI won't be compatible with a remake, vica versa if RS remakes commence under Gen VI.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
Either way, one of the Generations (either V or VI) won't have compatibility with a remake; if RS remakes commence under Generation V, then unless they remake Diamond & Pearl which I don't think is necessary for a good few years, then Gen VI won't be compatible with a remake, vica versa if RS remakes commence under Gen VI.

If Remakes are in Gen 5, then the remakes will be compatible with Gen 6 as you'd be able to transfer pokemon from remakes to Gen 6 as all transfers from 4th and 5th Gens do. If its in Gen 6. then the remakes can transfer Pokemon from 5th Generation like how HG/SS can transfer from 3rd.

They'd be compatible through transfers.

MiTjA

Poké-atheist
Years

"unless they remake Diamond & Pearl which I don't think is necessary for a good few years"

aaahhh I remember the exact same thing said about RSE like it was yesterday.. ;P

MiTjA

Poké-atheist
Years
How long ago was that, if I may ask?

bit more than 2 years? Right before the buzz about about gen V.

Things like, RSE remakes are far from necessary, or even, we don't need RSE remakes, GS was the last behind the gap, etc..

But just a bit later the internet is suddenly teeming with people who take the impossible for granted.

Altius

Flygon Fan
Years
An RS remake is bound to happen, we just don't know when.

- RSE is getting old. Hoenn looks outdated. Hoenn music sounds inferior. At least Kanto is revisited in Gen IV, so it still feels fresh.
- The GBA game internal battery will dry out someday.
- Hoenn pokemon can be much easily obtained in a remake.
- Profit for Gamefreak.

RandomDSdevel

The EXP-Grinding Trainer
Years
An RS remake is bound to happen, we just don't know when.

- RSE is getting old. Hoenn looks outdated. Hoenn music sounds inferior. At least Kanto is revisited in Gen IV, so it still feels fresh.
- The GBA game internal battery will dry out someday.
- Hoenn pokemon can be much easily obtained in a remake.
- Profit for Gamefreak.

Don't we also want the remakes to resolve the quandaries created by the fact that the Emerald plot could cause problems if merged back into the Ruby and Sapphire ones? And we also want the remakes to clarify Generation III's place in the timeline, right?

Years
Plus it would be awesome to have all regions on the ds or dsi before we move on to 3ds or even another system. I dont think gamefreak are huge fans of the 3ds. I remember playing gold and silver and yellow and it seems like they jumped at gameboy advance laun hing along with it ( there was even a special gba crystal version you could get) then the gba sp ( which wasnt really a system change) but they still launched fr lg with it. Then the ds and they shot out pearl and diamond dsi and dsxl hg and ss. Now we have 3ds and they are making 3ds compatible versions. I think thry are trying to honor the fans more these days and dont wanna follow nintendos random new system every year pattern. In hindsight they could look at it as a great owe to the fans to be able to explore t entire. Main story universe on one system ( sinnoh, johto, kanto, unova, and hoenn)
Plus im locked in on the amount of purposeless dialogue and purposeless map tiles that only seem like its preparation for a hoenn revisit

Years
I don't want them to make them for the DS, that system is now too outdated, graphically their will be no big gain from B2W2's so I'll rather wait for them to come out in Gen VI if they desire for all of V to be on the DS, besides Johto wasn't in the GBA generation so perhaps Hoenn will be left out of the 3DS.

MiTjA

Poké-atheist
Years
Plus it would be awesome to have all regions on the ds or dsi before we move on to 3ds or even another system. I dont think gamefreak are huge fans of the 3ds. I remember playing gold and silver and yellow and it seems like they jumped at gameboy advance laun hing along with it ( there was even a special gba crystal version you could get) then the gba sp ( which wasnt really a system change) but they still launched fr lg with it. Then the ds and they shot out pearl and diamond dsi and dsxl hg and ss. Now we have 3ds and they are making 3ds compatible versions. I think thry are trying to honor the fans more these days and dont wanna follow nintendos random new system every year pattern. In hindsight they could look at it as a great owe to the fans to be able to explore t entire. Main story universe on one system ( sinnoh, johto, kanto, unova, and hoenn)
Plus im locked in on the amount of purposeless dialogue and purposeless map tiles that only seem like its preparation for a hoenn revisit

No games before BW were released after a successor handheld came out.

But now its gonna be 2 years by the time the next games could be released. Changeover to 3DS is overdue and going to happen. There is no more games coming for the DS after this month, let alone next summer..
gamefreak had the 3DS devkit in their hands before anyone else too, surely theyve been working on something for the past 2 years with that?

EDIT: Here you go

GB - 1989 April

Red/Green - 1996 February
Blue - 1996 October
Yellow - 1998 September

GBC - 1998 October

Gold Silver - 1999 November
Crystal - 2000 December

GBA - 2001 March

Ruby Sapphire - 2002 November
FireRed LeafGreen - 2004 January
Emerald - 2004 September

DS - 2004 November

Diamond Pearl - 2006 September
Platinum - 2008 September
HeartGold SoulSilver - 2009 September

Black White - 2010 September

3DS - 2011 February

Black2 White2 - 2012 June

They'll do another DS game in late 2013? No.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Mar 12, 2019
all im saying is i cant wait for rse remake also since they changed up pokemon and made 2 new games maybe itll just be a emerald remake

MiTjA

Poké-atheist
Years
all im saying is i cant wait for rse remake also since they changed up pokemon and made 2 new games maybe itll just be a emerald remake

Its more likely they would make all 3 than just 1.

Sets of Pokemon games and Version Exclusives go hand in hand.

Years
Now that would be interesting but it'll be pushing things if they made all 3, what could they put in an Emerald remake (if they do all 3) that they didn't put in RS remakes? It just doesn't seem likely to me. If the next generation is to do remakes I expect the names to be gems, perhaps Cintrine, Topaz and Opal?

MiTjA

Poké-atheist
Years
Alright. I think its obvious there won't be remakes and that something new is coming next year.

But,
for any remaining believers, your wishul thinking comes to and end this very moment,
This thread can finally be put to rest for a few years again.

I bring you here, official word that destroys the need for this topic.
http://www.pokebip.com/pokemon/news2516__un_nouveau_jeu_pokemon_en_developpement_sur_3ds_.html

TPCi answered a handful of questions chosen by fans.
One of the questions was
"How will main pokemon games be different on the 3DS? In other words, how will the 3DS improve the pokemon experience and what can we expect? A new generation or remakes?"

Answer:
"We are not allowed to give a full answer. Meanwhile let me say, we are definitely working on something for the 3DS. This game will make use of the 3D features. It will be a new game, not a remake."

Ba dum tssssssssss

Last edited:

MrGriszell

Madara
Years
  • Seen Feb 11, 2021
Alright. I think its obvious there won't be remakes and that something new is coming next year.

But,
for any remaining believers, your wishul thinking comes to and end this very moment,
This thread can finally be put to rest for a few years again.

I bring you here, official word that destroys the need for this topic.
http://www.pokebip.com/pokemon/news2516__un_nouveau_jeu_pokemon_en_developpement_sur_3ds_.html

TPCi answered a handful of questions chosen by fans.
One of the questions was
"How will main pokemon games feel on the 3DS? In other words, what can we expect the 3DS to change? Will it be a new generation or remakes?"

Answer:
"We are not allowed to give a full answer. We are working on something for the 3DS. It will make use of the 3D features. It will be a new game, not a remake."

Ba dum tssssssssss

I'm not sure this makes the point you think it does LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back