• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Who do you use the Master Balls on?

Guest123_x1

In the Generation I games that I have played (before finding out about the item cloning glitch), I saved the Master Ball for Mewtwo, as had been suggested by many game guides and walkthroughs-however on my first full playthrough of Yellow, I wasted it on a Farfetch'd after getting frustrated over it breaking out of my Great Balls. I don't recall ever using my Master Ball in any of the Generation II games.

Nothing Is Real

It's all in the mind you know!
Years
Most of the time I never use the Master Ball. I enjoy the challenge of catching the legendary Pokemon in Poke, Great and Ultra Balls. The times that I have used it are usually on roaming Pokemon that are a pain in the ass to catch.

dragonfly_dust

Look at my avatar! Nuff said.
Years
  • Seen Feb 18, 2017
I used my masterball on a wandering legendaries like Suicune or Raikou. At least the other legendaries stay in one location!

Aeon.

Carrion
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jun 22, 2016
I'd always use it on roaming legends. However, since there were none in B2/W2, I actually used it on a Metang.

d00bt00b

Genxo
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jul 1, 2013
I only use masterballs on shinies, just to be safe, or I will give it to someone in exchange for one of their starters.

Years
I try not to use the Master Ball entirely, but I will use it on roaming legendaries if I don't have an escape preventing ability/move (which I usually have).

If I see a shiny, though, I'd use the Master Ball in a heartbeat. Much more important than a roaming legendary.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen today
I actually don't really use my Masterballs anymore. I haven't in a long time. I like to catch legendaries with Ultra Balls. I guess I would say I use them on the roaming Pokemon, such as Latios or Latias for when I don't have someone with Mean Look or just don't feel like trying to use other Pokeballs.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jun 29, 2019
I used my masterballs on your mother last night.

Jk, kind of XP

Seriously though, I use em on any roaming legendary since tracking them down the old fashioned way is unbearably boring at times.

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
Years
I only use the Master Ball if I encounter a shiny Pokemon or a roaming Pokemon. If I don't encounter any of those by the end of the game, I just use it on the main legendary of the game.

Sableye~

Back to PC~
Years
  • Seen Jan 4, 2018
I used one on Raikou (sorry, can't remember how to spell it haha), which was a mistake. A different one, I used on Dialga, I think.

Now that I have two hacked games, I have mass amounts of masterballs. I always have a few on Diamond version for shiny hunting. c;

Years
I always save my Master Ball on the off chance that I encounter a shiny which I don't want to risk loosing. So far I've encountered all of zero shinies so my Master Ball always sits in my bag.

Years
  • Seen Jul 16, 2014
I usually save masterballs for legends but don't really plan on which legend to use it on except if the game has a Mewtwo in it.

Nathan

Blade of Justice
Years
I used Master ball on Zapdos first then when I re-played LG on Mewtwo.

Zorogami

WUB WUB
Years
Back in RBY i used my Master Ball on Mewtwo, like almost everyone else.
After that, i usually catch one of the roamers with it, just to avoid the endless searching and capturing.
I always have the faint hope to use it on a shiny one day...but i have never seen one :(

Tackle

Pancham
Years
I always use Master Ball for a Legendary Pokémon that I need to roam.
Seriously I won't use Master Ball for main Legendary, I'll use Ultra Ball instead.

Back