• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Anime/Manga It's not like I want you to post in me or anything, b-baka.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Nov 13, 2019
I have notice that people mostly like Protagonist that acts like a villain.
In fact All The righteous , Kind , Polite , Good-nature , Energetic , Mature and Positive Protagonist seem to be less popular because they are too cliche.

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
Years
I have notice that people mostly like Protagonist that acts like a villain.
In fact All The righteous , Kind , Polite , Good-nature , Energetic , Mature and Positive Protagonist seem to be less popular because they are too cliche.
Not all of them, just the ones with boring writing.

Anti-heroes and protags that are (initially) villains can tend to be written blandly too, but they do have the benefit of making you at least somewhat know where they're headed.

Years
I had no idea that skelly got another season.

SWXSAOO.png

pkmin3033

Literally my reaction. Overlord is the only good MMO-based series I've seen.

...I've not seen Log Horizon yet though. Dunno if that's any good.

Last edited:

pkmin3033

That's all you need to know.
So it's better than any of the crap Reki Kawahara has come out with thus far but not as good as Overlord, basically.

These MMO-based, "stick a normal guy in a fantasy setting" anime seem to be pretty popular right now, for some weird reason. SAO, I suppose. Isn't it about time we got an influx of a different genre? It doesn't look like there is much worthy of note coming up in the next season either...

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
Years
So it's better than any of the crap Reki Kawahara has come out with thus far but not as good as Overlord, basically.
Well that's mainly because the writer of Overlord is actually a writer.

And those are really hard to find in the LN industry, and the isekai/trapped in a different world genre by extension. It's actually pretty terrifying when you consider how many of these are popular.

Years
Yeh but at this point isekai shows are basically MMOs without that specific context. Might as well just throw 'em in the pot.

Even then, I really haven't seen all that many of those, either. At least from the recent batch.

And those are really hard to find in the LN industry, and the isekai/trapped in a different world genre by extension. It's actually pretty terrifying when you consider how many of these are popular.

I mean, LNs are popular in part because they're easy to digest. Not everyone finds joy in chewing through books like War and Peace.

pkmin3033

It's not just the LN industry that suffers from that, if recent shows are anything to go by. It's been two years now since I saw a show I was completely satisfied with (and it was bloody Cross Ange; my standards aren't exactly sky high here) and trends like this are...discouraging. To say the least.

I wonder if it's more the characters that are popular than the series. You've got Megumin from Konosuba, Hestia from DanMachi, those Rom/Ram clones in Re:Zero, etc...rarely do I hear people actually praise the quality of the show itself. It's always one character that gets all the praise. Depressing.

Actually, pretty much.
Database is more about world itself and its rules while Overlord is about one important guy and SAO is about Kirito-kun's waifus.
Actually, that sounds like it'd be better than Overlord, if the world is given sufficient detail. The uncertainty surrounding Overlord was what made it appealing to me...that and the soundtrack. God almighty, that soundtrack.

pkmin3033

Who knows, maybe Boruto won't have as much filler, since it's not waiting for a manga to jump ahead of it?

I'm only on episode 10 of the original series...why am I even doing this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back