• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

POKEMON Hall Of Fame Version

Status
Not open for further replies.

EJames2100

Pokémon Hall Of Fame Supporter
Years
So far it reminds me of Fire Red, I've only just beaten Gary 2nd time, I have found the game to be quite slow on performance, my Pc is a 2.08ghz which is quite fast and I only had Avg running, any advice or tips to get it running little faster ?

Hall Of Famer

Born as Hall of Famer
Years
So far it reminds me of Fire Red, I've only just beaten Gary 2nd time, I have found the game to be quite slow on performance, my Pc is a 2.08ghz which is quite fast and I only had Avg running, any advice or tips to get it running little faster ?

Well, you must have a high CPU usage if the game is slow to play. Try turn off some of the softwares/processes or simply restart your computer and then you should have this problem settled.

Btw, the game will be pretty much similar to Pokemon FR/LG until you beat the last Gym Leader in Kanto and participate in Indigo Conference. If you want to skip the Kanto chapter and play the Orange Islands, you may need to redownload the game file and choose to continue playing the game I saved. In that case, you'll start the journey in Valencia Island with three Pokemon at Level 45(Charizard, Blastoise and Venesuar).

As you may have noticed, this game is an extention version of Pokemon FR/LG since the journey will continue with Orange Islands and Johto when you become the champ in Kanto. If you're interested in this game, please include one of the two supporter banners in your signature so I will know you're a fan of Pokemon HOF. Have a good day!

EJames2100

Years
Yeah I'll turn off some of my proccesses :)

I continued your game and when I checked town map I sear it said test island or something, but I wanted to start new anyway :)

Is there a way to get all 3 starters(curious) ?

I'll add a banner now :)

Hall Of Famer

Born as Hall of Famer
Years
Yeah I'll turn off some of my proccesses :)

I continued your game and when I checked town map I sear it said test island or something, but I wanted to start new anyway :)

Is there a way to get all 3 starters(curious) ?

I'll add a banner now :)

The newly made townmap will be released in the next version. I can give you the file now and you need to replace the townmap.txt and add the kantomap.png into the graphic/picture folder.

I appreciate your interest in Pokemon HOF, hope you enjoy playing this game and you'll find it more interesting when you access the Orange Islands region.

EJames2100

Years
Thanks, I'll have a look at this :)

Is there a way to get all 3 starters(curious) ? The Kanto ones in Kanto, like Yellow ?

Hall Of Famer

Born as Hall of Famer
Years
Thanks, I'll have a look at this :)

Is there a way to get all 3 starters(curious) ? The Kanto ones in Kanto, like Yellow ?

It's not possible to get all 3 starters for now but maybe I'll try to make on-line trade possible so you can obtain those starters in this way.

He has been working for a few months. It has taken him more time to do the Orange Islands so far than it did for him to do all of Kanto.

That's the truth indeed. I can't get any clues and inspirations from any completed games featuring the Orange Islands so I must spend more time and energy to figure out how to make this region.

Last edited:

InMooseWeTrust

Jack of All Trades
Years
Hall of Famer, every other post doesn't have to be from you. I'll do some of the updates. We're a team so let me do some of the work.

Anyway, I'm redesigning all 493 Pokemon among other things and I guarantee that you'll like my changes. I'm fixing a lot of balance issues and now you'll have every reason to train ALL of your Pokemon. It was Karen of the Elite Four in GSC that said that truly skilled trainers should try to win with their favorites. In the anime Ash always says that you can train any weak Pokemon to be extremely powerful. I'm a firm believer of that, so you'll see that reflected in this game.

EJames2100

Years
That's good, I love training my Pidgey into a Pidgeot but it was just to weak compared to some other options, also how are the ones that need to trade to evolve going to evolve ?
To be honest I hate trading to evolve something but I always use Abra and it never seems to go further than a Kadabra as I have trade :(

InMooseWeTrust

Jack of All Trades
Years
Not on my watch. You don't need to trade anything to evolve Pokemon in this game.

All Pokemon also evolve much later than they would normally do, so you have to do a good bit of training before you enjoy the fruits of your labor.

If you like training Pidgey, you'll love its new moveset. It's like I said, I'll make any Pokemon worth training. Remember how much Sandshrew and Sanslash sucked? Not anymore!

EJames2100

Years
:D Please say your gonna release a new demo soon, it sounds really really good :)

I am sill able to obtain a Dratini in Celadon city right ?

InMooseWeTrust

Jack of All Trades
Years
The Dratini thing is debatable, so we're not sure. We'll redesign all of Kanto after we're done the Orange Islands so anything's possible. That won't happen in the next beta so don't worry about it.

We're still not sure how much stuff will be in Beta 1.2. We're debating whether or not to have the large Mandarin Island included and the same goes for the D/P graphics. Expect the next beta in a few weeks.

Hopefully my redesigned Pokemon will be in this next beta also. We might have to rebalance the game later to match the Pokemon.

Years
  • Seen Aug 5, 2008
Hello Hall Of Famer. I am stephen swann. I just wanted to tell you that I can be a beta tester. If I can.....Well, just wanted to tell you since I do not know how to make my own hacks.

Years
  • Seen Aug 14, 2010
yo i downloaded it and it said RGSS102E.dll could not be found. what happend? can some1 tell me how to fix this

Hall Of Famer

Born as Hall of Famer
Years
yo i downloaded it and it said RGSS102E.dll could not be found. what happend? can some1 tell me how to fix this

It seems that you don't have RTP installed on your computer. Try search RTP for RPG Maker XP on Google and download the latest RTP file you'll be fine.

Nice game its dynomitteee!!!

Thank you very much for saying this, I hope you enjoy playing the fan game we made. If you really like this game, please insert a Pokemon HOF banner in your signature to show you're a supporter for this project. Have a good day!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back