• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Digimon: Operation Digipedia

Should I change the starter Digimon from Jyarimon, Puttimon, and Punimon?

• Yes, replace them respectively with Botamon, WhiteBotamon, and Nyokimon.

Votes: 18 50.0%
  • No, keep them how they are

Votes: 18 50.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Oct 9, 2016
As a just wondering kinda thing, what kinda progress have you made in game as in the story?
But nonetheless keep working on this hack, if i had experience in rom hacking I'd assist somehow.
Other than what you already posted of the story.

Last edited:

Epitaph93

Intermediate Digidestined
Years
As a just wondering kinda thing, what kinda progress have you made in game as in the story?
But nonetheless keep working on this hack, if i had experience in rom hacking I'd assist somehow.
Other than what you already posted of the story.

Story wise, there hasn't been much progress. After fighting Devimon the first time, he'll return with a tamer who he'll have control over. This is really just a second rival quest more than anything though. You'll fight Devimon's other digivolutions, as well as whatever other Digimon the Dark Tamer may have. I wanted to use Ken/The Digimon Emperor from season 2, but I can't find any sprites for him so I might either create a new character entirely or make my own Ken sprite.

In place of the Elite Four I want to have the Dark Masters from season 1, so that the object of the story is to obtain the crests so that you may obtain the power to defeat the dark masters and bring peace to the Digital World. I guess story wise I could go off of the Animes, but I haven't given too much to the story so far, as I've been spending my entire efforts toward the Digimon themselves.

If you have any story/event ideas (be it from the animes, or just original ideas) please share them. Don't be a stranger ;)

Nemisis

Soul Eater
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Oct 12, 2012
oh........... thanx Mr. Elephant.. for the cool moves !!!!!!!!!! hahahaha ............. oo i wanna help.. ill try and find a ken the digimon emperor sprite for you Epitaph ill just pm if i found one ^_^ any ways good luck..

Years
  • Seen Oct 9, 2016
Well how bout considering season 3 "digimon tamers"? 3 main characters and with 3 main digimon partners. Along with the fact its the closest thing to pokemon world in terms of workload to modify the whole system. Back story could be your story to make but I just think that woul be good idea. But idk. Anywho that was my thoughts.

Epitaph93

Years
oh........... thanx Mr. Elephant.. for the cool moves !!!!!!!!!! hahahaha ............. oo i wanna help.. ill try and find a ken the digimon emperor sprite for you Epitaph ill just pm if i found one ^_^ any ways good luck..

Someone just sent me a VM with a Digimon Emperor sprite. It could be used as a battle sprite, I would just have to make an OW. So if you find an OW that would be sweet lol.

Well how bout considering season 3 "digimon tamers"? 3 main characters and with 3 main digimon partners. Along with the fact its the closest thing to pokemon world in terms of workload to modify the whole system. Back story could be your story to make but I just think that woul be good idea. But idk. Anywho that was my thoughts.

Hmm I hadn't considered the tamers series. You just opened up a whole new list of things to consider lol. For example I could change TMs, HMs, and stat boosting items into Digimon Cards like in that series. I'm not sure about the characters though. I've already done so much work with Tai and Sora that I would hate to start over. Although I could use the Tamer characters for a sequel ;) Story-wise I think I could use this. Digimon begin to invade the real world, you and your rival are sent to stop the chaos that ensues. Yes I like what the concept of season 3 entails :)

Update: I've began working on base stats. I have a general outline for the base stats of each level of digivolution. Feedback would be nice, as I'm not sure how well these stats are lined up. In pokemon the highest number of evolutions is 3(i.e. bulbasuar, ivysaur, venusaur) whereas the highest number of digivolutions in digimon is 8 (jyarimon, demiveemon, veemon, exveemon, dinobeemon, palidramon, imperildramon, paladin imperialdramon). Therefore, the highest digivolution would have a drastic advantage against most lower digivolutions. This is a very difficult fact to get around in the stats department. So here's what I have so far:

Average fresh starter: 178 (29.66 per stat)

Average in-training starter: 242 (40.33 per stat)

Average rookie starter: 315 (52.5 per stat)

Average champion starter: 405 (67.5 per stat)

Average ultimate starter: 530 (88.33 per stat)

Average mega starter: 715 (119.166 per stat)

Armor Digivolution would rank somewhere between champion and ultimate: 467.5 with average stats being 77.9

As an example for how this would work out, let me show you Gabumon's digiline as I have it right now. The stats are displayed in this order:

HP
Attack
Defense
Sp. Attack
Sp. Defense
Speed

Punimon:

Tsunomon

Gabumon

Garurumon

WereGarurumon

MetalGarurumon

Omnimon

Years
  • Seen Oct 9, 2016
I just had an idea lol but this would probably be more fit fora 4th gen pokemon hack of digimon. Second season say like for Veemon his ability would be multitype and change the plates into the digi eggs lol perhaps an ideal for a follow up sequel to your sequel if 4th gen hacking gets stronger. But of course anything can happen. The tamers idea was just because i like Guilmon alot more xD
Also dinobeemon does digivolve into another digimon other than what you've got posted. So i suggest to keep it in the first 3 seasons lol and also i think dinobeemon has little to nothing to do with the creation of palidon inperialdramon. But just a branch off to another digiline
And for puttimon, who is that gonna be digivolved into? I assume renamon but she usualy comes from a viximon

Last edited:

Epitaph93

Years
I just had an idea lol but this would probably be more fit fora 4th gen pokemon hack of digimon. Second season say like for Veemon his ability would be multitype and change the plates into the digi eggs lol perhaps an ideal for a follow up sequel to your sequel if 4th gen hacking gets stronger. But of course anything can happen. The tamers idea was just because i like Guilmon alot more xD
Also dinobeemon does digivolve into another digimon other than what you've got posted. So i suggest to keep it in the first 3 seasons lol and also i think dinobeemon has little to nothing to do with the creation of palidon inperialdramon. But just a branch off to another digiline
And for puttimon, who is that gonna be digivolved into? I assume renamon but she usualy comes from a viximon

Considering this hack might take anywhere between 2 and 4 years, by the time I'm finished I imagine 4th gen hacking will be much more popular. So we'll see about a sequel then.

If by dinobeemon's other digivolution you mean GranKuwagamon, I will be including him in Kuwagamon's digiline. Although both are canonically correct, I don't agree with it personally.

Dinobeemon has everything to do with paladin imperialdramon :P lol. Stingmon and ExVeemon DNA digivolve into Dinobeemon, then Dinobeemon digivolves to Palidramon, then to Imperialdramon, and finally to Paladin Imperialdramon via DNA digivolving Imperialdramon with Omnimon. It all starts with DNA digivolving Stingmon with ExVeemon to get Dinobeemon on one end, and MetalGarurumon with WarGreymon on the other end. So yes Dinobeemon is definitley necessary for Paladin Imperialdramon's digiline.

Puttimon will either digivolve to viximon, tokomon, or nyaromamon. Those three respectively lead to Renamon, Patamon, and Salamon's digilines, where you will get Kyubimon, Angemon, and Gatomon from. So on and so forth, with potentially other digilines along the way.

qaz015393

pokemon revenge developer
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen yesterday
great update for the stats. im so going 2 ant 2 get Paladin Imperialdramon & Omnimon *not 2 mention others like the dark digimon*

Years
  • Seen Oct 9, 2016
Epitaph from season 2 there is no dinobeemon. Its just an alternative ultimate digiform for exveemon and stingmon. :P it was introduced in video games. Its like saying agumon could digivolve into growlmon as in digimon world 3. Or renamon into stingmon and monmon into exveemon. So....

Nemisis

Soul Eater
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Oct 12, 2012
oh ... okie...

Wow...!!! there's been a lot of stat updates cool
keep it up ^_^

Epitaph93

Years
[SIZE="a"]
qaz015393:7106903 said:
great update for the stats. im so going 2 ant 2 get Paladin Imperialdramon & Omnimon *not 2 mention others like the dark digimon*

Thanks I'm glad to see you interested in the digivolutions. I'm sorry I never messaged you back about that banner btw. I've been trying to wrap my head around ASM and other things for the hack lol.

Nemisis:7109166 said:
oh ... okie...

Wow...!!! there's been a lot of stat updates cool
keep it up ^_^

Will do. Once I have them all done we'll be extremely close to the first release.

Dabulewicz:7108695 said:
Epitaph from season 2 there is no dinobeemon. Its just an alternative ultimate digiform for exveemon and stingmon. :P it was introduced in video games. Its like saying agumon could digivolve into growlmon as in digimon world 3. Or renamon into stingmon and monmon into exveemon. So....

Ahh I see what you mean. My bad lol. I guess I could have the game give you either palidramon or dinobeemon, then you get a different mode of imperialdramon from each of them I.e. fighter or dragon. This digiline is gonna give me a few things to consider.

Update: I've had a temporary set back in hacking, as my computer has been temporarily banned from me because of my parents. Not to worry, I'll be back at it soon. I'll try to hand write some of the stats meanwhile so that I won't lose too much time. I still have my phone, so I can still communicate with you guys via the pokecommunity android app.[/SIZE]

qaz015393

pokemon revenge developer
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen yesterday
no worry man.

wow that stinks. hope the best of luck.

Epitaph93

Years
Update: I finished 15 more digimons' stats, including agumon and terriermon's main lines, and parts of veemon and wormmon's lines. I've also decided that if your stingmon/exveemon are both female you will receive Dinobeemon who will digivolve to Imperialdramon Dragon Mode, or if they're both female you will receive Palidramon who will digivolve into the Fighter Mode, both of which can be combined with omnimon to form each ones paladin mode(though canonically I don't think the dragon mode has a paladin mode.) Note also that these two Digimon will probably be the strongest digimon in the game, but their EVs will be significantly less than any other digimon once they reach level 100. You will probably only have 10 levels to gain EVs(as you will receive either as a level 90 digimon) so depending on how I adjust their stats and which EVs you get, you could end up with either a very week or an extremely powerful level 100 digimon. So I'll be taking extra care in making them as perfect as I can.

Years
  • Seen Oct 9, 2016
[SIZE="a"]Well id say the modes would be very fun to do if we had the stones in 3rd gen that we have in 4th gen. Pay homage to deoxys. Change forms but will be the same pokemon. Dragon and fighter modes could be viewed similarly if we could figure out a script. To allow form change by key item or field object you know?

Good work tho. Keep it up[/SIZE]

Last edited by a moderator:

Epitaph93

Years
[SIZE="a"]
Dabulewicz:7111687 said:
[SIZE="a"]Well id say the modes would be very fun to do if we had the stones in 3rd gen that we have in 4th gen. Pay homage to deoxys. Change forms but will be the same pokemon. Dragon and fighter modes could be viewed similarly if we could figure out a script. To allow form change by key item or field object you know?

Good work tho. Keep it up[/SIZE]

I agree that would be the ideal system, but unfortunately the implementation of that system can only be done via complex ASM routines. Jambo51 has been working on an amazing patch that includes forms, but he hasn't updated the thread in a while. It's in the research and development section if you want to have a look. His patch would really help in multiple areas, but for now I'm making due with what we have.[/SIZE]

Years
  • Seen Aug 15, 2012
I think the hack looks awsome and ill be waiting for its completion
I wish you the best of luck
Also im wondering if youll add xros wars digimon :o

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back