• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon New Dawn

Status
Not open for further replies.

countryemo

Kicking against the earth!
Years
Ok, no, that looks terrible. Heres an idea. Pegasus plus Rapidash. (with fire wings maybe)I have no idea what that was.
I think they was going towards a warior horse type pokemon?
(plus they said male alt) The pegasus route is to common and most wished. what your describing is already made. (like by fans) i think the concept that their trying is quite good

Those aren't sprites it's crap that was made in MSPaint, notice how everyone else's fakemon has shading and lighting, a specific type of outline? Try and replicate it, and make sure you do GEN 4 style to match your game.

He's learning, no ones so good when the begin. The things that i notice is that it isnt in much of a pokemon style. concepts redo is good, but it also lacks the feel, but if you like that style it goes good. Also poeman, sprites are most commonly made in MSpaint. no fancy needed =]
Sure there shading and lighting aint the best, there aint much constrast between the colors too. (contact me, i might help if need.) the line art is nice and smooth, its a good start.

Worldmap: with some stuff moved aroun, and with change it the routes and shape i think the desert/snow could work. but i think it would be best in tile selection if you use part snow/ like its kinda melty but still there?

also to everyone complaining, the map is in a pokemon game, by no means if it is in the same map does it mean that they are close togather. Also in someplaces like mountain divides? (Washington lets say?) there is snow, like piles but ehen you go a little farther down the munntain on the east side it gets hotter. hope this gets clear. the geographical and climate i just describe is common as mountains, yadayada.

[longest comment i have ever wrote]
I wish you luck with this game.
so your using kyle/sinnoh?
hm im not sure if this is the great choice, but me im not a huge fan, they look great but common, lol.
the first town (if you stil using that desgin on page t2) you should just see a beach or something, those beach patches seem unplaced. (i understand in some cases it looks good like in real life, but here.)

[this post had to be made :P]

Poeman

Banned
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Nov 1, 2012
I can't see effort in that sprite, which is why I don't consider it a sprite, I'm sorry but if you're learning look up some spriting tutorials, look at other sprites, and do your best.

countryemo

Kicking against the earth!
Years
I can't see effort in that sprite, which is why I don't consider it a sprite, I'm sorry but if you're learning look up some spriting tutorials, look at other sprites, and do your best.
Depends on the style your going for ;)
the official pokemon aint the only way to go, everyones allowed to do a style. im sorry you dont like it :(
I agree it needs some work, but they got other spriters?
just hope this games gets a lil far before dying lol.....

Pichuichu

Creator Of (Insert Here)
Years
Thanks Guys for the feedback.
@countryemo: thanks for the feedback but actually im using Neo-spritemans HGSS tilesets.
and yes thanks for offering to help PM me what yu can do.

@Poeman: yes the sprites where a little bit of a rush jod so i agree with you on that, but do you know any, god and strong detailed tuts?

Poeman

Banned
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Nov 1, 2012
They have a 4th gen styled game so their locked into 4th gen styled sprites.
Please stop calling it a sprite it honestly makes me cringe.

Planetes.

@n_diiv
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Jun 6, 2017
444.png

Okay I did this from scratch first time no tuts, so I'm pretty sure I did horribly, but hey I'm open to criticism. and @tomatoman the fakemon I did earlier wasn't suposed to be an evo of rapidash it was an alt of ponyta

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Oct 28, 2014
444.png

Okay I did this from scratch first time no tuts, so I'm pretty sure I did horribly, but hey I'm open to criticism. and @tomatoman the fakemon I did earlier wasn't suposed to be an evo of rapidash it was an alt of ponyta

Wait...it's supposed to be a sprite? o_O

Planetes.

@n_diiv
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Jun 6, 2017
Idk I'm not the spriter, just don't mind that XD.
Anyway the Fire Horse was a male alt of Ponyta based on an Appaloosa.

Also I thought I should show you concept art for Cryozard, I seem to be improving....(oh and I know I screwed up with the legs.

Cryozard_by_Pokemon_Tabi.jpg

Last edited:
Years
Cringe
Wow, that is not great... if its your first go at drawing Cryozard, the n I guess it makes sense. Go back and fix it, do a couple of sketches and designs see which ones are good and build on them. My advice as an artist...
Also, Cryo is freezing, so im assuming hes an ice type, he doesnt look like one. he looks like rockdragon

Pichuichu

Creator Of (Insert Here)
Years
Help?

Okay Here Is My Problem i'll explain in detail so next person to read this and they know how to solve please tell me.

Problem: okay so when i want the game to start in 240x160 i edit the sprite resizer part and delete the option. but when i run the game it stays changes the screen size but the game is still big how do i solve this?

Problem2: some of my tilesets messup when i make the map and they don't let you pass?

Question: How do i make a forest dark like it's raining but without the rain so it's shadowey and yeah.

- Pichuichu

Years
Problem 1 i cant understand wut your saying

Problem 2 Go to the Database and slect on the side Passabletiles. O is passable, X is unpassable

Question Just take the tilesets and darken them with paint.net

Pichuichu

Creator Of (Insert Here)
Years
How do i resize the screen to 240x160?

and that doesn't work i already know that but when i add it sometimes it glitches and makes passable inpassable in game!

Planetes.

@n_diiv
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Jun 6, 2017
Cringe
Wow, that is not great... if its your first go at drawing Cryozard, the n I guess it makes sense. Go back and fix it, do a couple of sketches and designs see which ones are good and build on them. My advice as an artist...
Also, Cryo is freezing, so im assuming hes an ice type, he doesnt look like one. he looks like rockdragon

okay I don't understand whats wrong with it other than the legs and the stuff on its arms and tail are shards of ice.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Oct 28, 2014
okay I don't understand whats wrong with it other than the legs and the stuff on its arms and tail are shards of ice.

Um, lack of perspective, lack of proper anatomy [even by Pokemon standards], and it's not exactly clear that those are shards of ice, since they're just triangles. And what are the circles then? o_O And weren't you the one who posted Rappalooza too? That one needs a whole new design since it doesn't even look like it's related to the Ponyta family, the way you have it drawn.

Basically, if you're this game's Fakemon designer, you need to improve your drawing. Like, a lot. And I don't really see where you got the idea "I think I'm improving." I'm not trying to be mean or put you down or anything, but there was definitely not enough time for you to have practiced and improved between that drawing and the last one you posted. You have to practice more than a few days or weeks. Actually, there may be some improvement after weeks, but not very much improvement was made here...

Practice, practice, practice, is all I can say here.

Planetes.

@n_diiv
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Jun 6, 2017
Um, lack of perspective, lack of proper anatomy [even by Pokemon standards], and it's not exactly clear that those are shards of ice, since they're just triangles. And what are the circles then? o_O And weren't you the one who posted Rappalooza too? That one needs a whole new design since it doesn't even look like it's related to the Ponyta family, the way you have it drawn.

Basically, if you're this game's Fakemon designer, you need to improve your drawing. Like, a lot. And I don't really see where you got the idea "I think I'm improving." I'm not trying to be mean or put you down or anything, but there was definitely not enough time for you to have practiced and improved between that drawing and the last one you posted. You have to practice more than a few days or weeks. Actually, there may be some improvement after weeks, but not very much improvement was made here...

Practice, practice, practice, is all I can say here.

okay well I don't understand what is wrong with the anatomy, and the circles were just to give it some design. And if you hate my art that much, why are you still commenting on it?

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Oct 28, 2014
okay well I don't understand what is wrong with the anatomy, and the circles were just to give it some design. And if you hate my art that much, why are you still commenting on it?

I'd like for you to point out where I said "liek ohemgee, i hatez ur artz. draw yer pitchurz liek ken sugomoree, n00b >:|." If you just go ahead and point that little segment of what I typed out for me, it'll really clear up why you're assuming I hate your art.

Not once did I say I hated your art. You asked what was wrong with it, I told you. Look at Pokemon art, or Fakemon and you'll see that I meant the proportions aren't right for your drawing if you're going for a dragon Fakemon. THAT'S what's wrong with the anatomy.

Assuming someone hates your art just because they don't patronize you and say "OH WOW, YOUR DRAWING IS SO BEAUTIFUL AND PERFECT 8D" is not the way you improve the drawing. I was giving constructive criticism, and seeing as you're in the Drawing Board section, criticism is to be expected. To answer your butthurt sounding question: I'm commenting on it to try and help you improve it. Now goodnight or goodday, or whatever it is where you're at. I'mma go handle some other affairs for a while since I won't fall asleep for about another 2 hours from now at 4 am.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back