• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Competitive Battling Chat

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ooka

[font=Maven Pro][color=#A75EE2]Cosmic[/color][/fon
Years
Dat theorymon.

And Dnite is just as broken as Deo imo, just in different regards, Dnite for it's ability to hurt a lot on both spectrums, and Deo for it's ability to support or hurt.

Also Magic Bounce Espeon can lose to it as well, Shadow Ball. It wasn't very common, but with Espeon increasing, Wifi causes me to take like, 57% on the switch in due to Shadow Ball because they see it coming.

But yeah, either way I play NU now, but if Deo goes (And hopefully Dnite) I'll end up back in OU.

Vrai

can you feel my heart?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Oct 24, 2022
Okay let's compare its sets to one other in general, aka random example (yes I know they're completely different, this is an example of sets that you really don't know til you come in) -

Deoxys-S: 3.
Dragonite: 8. (Plus multiscale and DD or straight out attacking, oh yes, another unpredictable Pokemon!)

And tbh, why would you send out a spinner on Deoxys-S anyway? Just use something that'd be neutral to its sets to kill it, aka something with levitate and not weak to boltbeam etc and then send in a spinner once it's gone.

I personally don't use a spinner and I've never had an issue with any of Deoxys-S sets so meh. I just think that the whole it being unpredictable thing shouldn't really stand ground because I can think of a lot of other unpredictable Pokemon that aren't being brought up for this but can potentially hurt you badly.

But yeah, if you guys really think it's an issue, then hopefully for you guys it's banned but I've honestly got nothing against it, lol, and I still think it's not hard to get rid of. :(

Because spinblocking is easy and all the spinners suck save Starmie, maybe. You still lose to SpD Jellicent if you don't catch it on the switch with LO Thunderbolt, in which case it can just keep recovering until you KO it and then Pursuit Starmie to death so you can't spin at all. I hate Dragonite significantly more than Deoxys-S, actually. It's the premier reason why I don't like OU.

I just think that the whole it being unpredictable thing shouldn't really stand ground because I can think of a lot of other unpredictable Pokemon that aren't being brought up for this but can potentially hurt you badly.

Yeah, nothing else being unpredictable has the same team-supporting abilities as Deoxys-S. Losing 37.5% on every non-Flying/Levitating SR-neutral switch-in means a lot more than switching to Cloyster on a Dragonite Outrage. Also list of mons viable in OU with Levitate and neutral to BoltBeam: Bronzong, Gengar, Rotom-W. Gengar and Rotom-W are outsped and OHKOd by Psycho Boost whereas Bronzong cannot prevent Deoxys-S from getting 2+ layers and if it's a Dual Screens variant then you lose because it sets up Reflect, then Light Screen, and then SR while you slowly Gyro Ball it to death and then they just set something up in your face.

Miss Doronjo

Gaiden
Years
Dat theorymon.

And Dnite is just as broken as Deo imo, just in different regards, Dnite for it's ability to hurt a lot on both spectrums, and Deo for it's ability to support or hurt.

Also Magic Bounce Espeon can lose to it as well, Shadow Ball. It wasn't very common, but with Espeon increasing, Wifi causes me to take like, 57% on the switch in due to Shadow Ball because they see it coming.

But yeah, either way I play NU now, but if Deo goes (And hopefully Dnite) I'll end up back in OU.

NU, huh?
I've been kind of interested on how that metagame plays for a while now, so I may try that metagame myself~

Vrai

can you feel my heart?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Oct 24, 2022

NU, huh?
I've been kind of interested on how that metagame plays for a while now, so I may try that metagame myself~

play it because nu is awesomesauce

karpman told me to remove caps :(

Last edited:

Ooka

[font=Maven Pro][color=#A75EE2]Cosmic[/color][/fon
Years
Yeah NU is great, very balanced already and far more developed than the other metagames (Well, Uber there's nothing that can be helped, so I suppose it could be considered balanced).

Btw, is there anything I can do about Luke's team? I didn't get a reply, but I thought it was a decent suggestion. Do you guys think TR needs two users or no?

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
Yeah NU is great, very balanced already and far more developed than the other metagames (Well, Uber there's nothing that can be helped, so I suppose it could be considered balanced).

Btw, is there anything I can do about Luke's team? I didn't get a reply, but I thought it was a decent suggestion. Do you guys think TR needs two users or no?

It's not a bad idea to include extra Trick Room users because TR only lasts for 5 turns. If you have only 1 TR user in your team and it gets KOed before it has a chance to set it up again, you're (almost) screwed.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
karpman told me to remove caps :(

Karpman controls Vrai now? THIS IS INTERESTING NEWS.

Also agreeing w/ PlatDude, although I haven't used TR myself, generally most TR teams I see/have faced usually have more than one TR user and then something fast in case TR fails-- of which I only just realised why that's not a bad idea. XD

Vrai

can you feel my heart?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Oct 24, 2022
I've always had trouble with TR teams in general - you're not bulky/fast enough to handle powerful offensive teams and you're not strong enough to break through stallish teams easily, either. Plus you have to rely on a field condition that you really only have four turns to work with. It'd be much better if there was an auto-TR inducer (imagine how good that would be!) or something that elongated TR, but neither of those exist. :(

But yeah, TR definitely needs multiple users. Just like how you can't base an entire team around a single Pokemon (ie baton pass team with one recipient), you won't be too successful when your lone TR user dies. :(

Years
  • Seen May 9, 2012
TR needs at least two users, preferably three.

Anyways, have you guys been using HO in OU? It's a ridiculously easy playstyle to use, just set up screens with your deoxys-s and then start slamming away at them with sweeper after sweeper. You can climb up to about 1200 in like 15 minutes lol. Deoxys-s is singlehandedly the best pokemon except like maybe Dragonite/Volcarona lol. In fact, smogon is suspecting it.

http://www.smogon.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3458002

Vrai

can you feel my heart?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Oct 24, 2022
TR needs at least two users, preferably three.

Anyways, have you guys been using HO in OU? It's a ridiculously easy playstyle to use, just set up screens with your deoxys-s and then start slamming away at them with sweeper after sweeper. You can climb up to about 1200 in like 15 minutes lol. Deoxys-s is singlehandedly the best pokemon except like maybe Dragonite/Volcarona lol. In fact, smogon is suspecting it.

http://www.smogon.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3458002

And as far as I know from listening to them on IRC, it sounds like they're going to ban it, too. ;(

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Mar 26, 2024
Yay. No more Broken-S lol. Now all i hAve to do is get Reuniclus banned and my evil plan will have come to fruition. ;D

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Mar 26, 2024

BRING BACK GARCHOMP.

Until that happens I can never truly return to the competitive scene.

Use Flygon. Actually, dont lol. :x

Also Garchomp can go away until Rough Skin comes out. >:[

Last edited:

Vrai

can you feel my heart?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Oct 24, 2022
I would be so excited if they brought back 'chompy with Rough Skin. Just saying.

Years
I'd love it if Sand Veil was banned and Garchomp was brought back. Garchomp is my favorite Pokemon and I loved using it when it was around, while I've fallen in love with many Pokemon such as Celebi, Heatran, Terrakion and Tangrowth, Garchomp returning to the metagame would really increase my motivation to play and make awesome teams with it. Also, Elf, Reuniclus really isn't that bad. TR Reuniclus is a joke to stall, since Protect is on so many mons and the ones with reliable recovery can just stall it out of TR, provided it doesn't crit. Calm Mind Reuniclus is beaten by the following Pokemon that are viable on Stall Teams

-Jirachi
-CB Tyranitar
-Deoxys-D [Taunt+Night Shade]
-Mew [^]
-Perish Song Celebi
-Sableye
-Spiritomb [lol]
-Psyshock versions lose to taunt Gliscor
-If it isn't last mon, then CM Roar Latias wins

Also, BoTW 2 between Earthworm and Imperfectluck is taking place in 1 minute on the SU Server, if anyone's interested.

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Mar 26, 2024
I'd love it if Sand Veil was banned and Garchomp was brought back. Garchomp is my favorite Pokemon and I loved using it when it was around, while I've fallen in love with many Pokemon such as Celebi, Heatran, Terrakion and Tangrowth, Garchomp returning to the metagame would really increase my motivation to play and make awesome teams with it. Also, Elf, Reuniclus really isn't that bad. TR Reuniclus is a joke to stall, since Protect is on so many mons and the ones with reliable recovery can just stall it out of TR, provided it doesn't crit. Calm Mind Reuniclus is beaten by the following Pokemon that are viable on Stall Teams

-Jirachi - Yay 100% counter.
-CB Tyranitar - Loses to TR versions. Also cant OHKo without a CB even then most of the time Reuniclus actually lives a CB Crunch.
-Deoxys-D [Taunt+Night Shade] - Loses to the TR set.
-Mew [^] - see above.
-Perish Song Celebi - see above.
-Sableye - yay 100% counter.
-Spiritomb [lol] - This isnt very good in OU imo (as shown by its usage). Rest and Pain Split absolutely suck and for the most part why would you use it over Sableye?
-Psyshock versions lose to taunt Gliscor. - Loses to any set with Psychic, plus i doubt its wanting to take Shadow Balls tbh (Modest LO Shadow Ball Vs 252 /0 Glis 43.5% - 51.4%)
-If it isn't last mon, then CM Roar Latias wins. - Loses to TR set and also CM LO Psyshock beats it as its a 3HKO at +1 even from defensive sets so its very real Reuniclus will wear you down over the course of a match.

Bold.

Im not saying it doesnt have counters. Plus thats barely relevant, chomp has counters (sup im Quagsire) Exca has counters, doesnt stop them being uber.
Me said:
Reuniclus imo fits the uber characteristics because its exactly like Salamence last gen though, not because it solely beats stall. It will cost you or badly cripple if a mon or several if you guess wrong on the set its packing (not even mence/dragons couldn't do that last gen as its sets all had one common check - steels) and its CM checks are TOTALLY different from its TR sets bar Jira and Sp.def Scizor (Latter MUST be sp.def otherwise 248/0 takes up to 80% from TR LO Focus Blast) (maybe Sableye too as a 100% surefire counter). The TR set will crush 90% of the CM counters and really hurts offensive teams (even defensive teams struggle due to its type coverage and mixed attacking[Psyshock to beat special walls]) and utterly reverses momentum so in a way its detriment to both offense and defense with its sets. Even the Cmer hurts offense rather badly as its ridiculously bulky and so hard to KO with Recover and being immune to all reidual damage. Ive also seen people in so many matches switch around just to try to outstall the TR turns because nothing they have can beat it, that just gets you worn down and opened up, its really stupid to be honest how many times this actually happens vs all sorts of opponents, even high on the ladder. Again going back to my point of "It will cost you or badly cripple a mon or several mons if you guess wrong on the set its packing". Reuniclus essentially is like Yanmega in UU last gen, in where is forces you to pack a 100% counter or be swept (in its case Registeel or Chansey and in Reuniclus case Sp.Def Scizor, Sableye and Jirachi) and Yanmega was actually banned for making play styles (namely HO) unviable. If you switched something into Yanmega expecting Speed Boost (CMer) it could pull Tinted Lense specs (TR) on you and crush your team.

And honestly, id sooner face Thundurus every day of the week rather than Reuniclus.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back