• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ruby hack: [Hack of the Year 2012] POKéMON LIGHT PLATINUM

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
ua right cyclone.
I tried evolving both my male and female snorunt but failed.
Both are lvl 100 glalie.
Part of your problem there is that Froslass evolves from Snorunt, not Glalie. But even so, it only works on female Snorunt. Therefore, it's a virtual impossibility to program in the evolution.

I'm interested in whether Froslass is always female. I'll set an area to 100% for them eventually to test this, then switch it back.

Cyclone

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
It's 100 percent female, at least that's what it says in YAPE.
That is good news. Now if only we could somehow get that evolution to take place, but I doubt Ash will want to tackle that one. Or Roserade, for that matter.

Cyclone

Years
  • Seen Apr 24, 2013
Are there still updates on this? Reading the last few pages it seemed like it. If so do I just repatch a clean ruby and use my old save file?

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
NO. do NOT use your old save file. patch it to a NEW and CLEAN ruby rom. and start a new game.
I would say he doesn't have to but in this case since we're planning to fix everything from the beginning, it would probably be better.

That is good news. Now if only we could somehow get that evolution to take place, but I doubt Ash will want to tackle that one. Or Roserade, for that matter.

Cyclone
Well... since there's no "Evolve only if female" possibility in 3rd generation, it would have to be done other way anyways.

Years
Since a fix is being worked on atm, hopefully there will be a healing script given to the mother at the beginning of the game. Since trying to fight against a few trainers with no chance to heal was very hideous at the start of the hack.

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
Since a fix is being worked on atm, hopefully there will be a healing script given to the mother at the beginning of the game. Since trying to fight against a few trainers with no chance to heal was very hideous at the start of the hack.
You seem to have overlooked the Nurse on the bench.

Cyclone

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
There was no healing music. At the base of the northward path exiting town, on the bench to the right, there's a nurse. I know it wasn't originally there, so I'm unsure what version you have.

Cyclone

Years
Regardless I had no issue fighting my way through without healing as long as I got the free Elekid. More so it was a suggestion, but will definitely download the fix patch once released.

Years
Since the healing nurse script is recently been made many members have no clue about it. Also if someone starts with a Charmander he can single handily get through the route even without Elekid's help (Just like me)

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
Since the healing nurse script is recently been made many members have no clue about it. Also if someone starts with a Charmander he can single handily get through the route even without Elekid's help (Just like me)
You can be defeated even with Charmander if Poison Point is correctly activated on our expy friends Fushihides ;)

Regardless I had no issue fighting my way through without healing as long as I got the free Elekid. More so it was a suggestion, but will definitely download the fix patch once released.
Snake added healing nurse in Final version, you probably have older one.

Back