• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

~Pokemon New Horizon~ 3D adventure ~ Unreal Engine 3 ~ Development!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Sep 30, 2015
PokemonLogo.png

New Horizon

~Introduction~

Pokemon New Horizon is a fan made game. The game is based on 3D structure. It is a single player game based on a third person camera.
Pokemon New Horizon is being on the game " Pokemon Gold and Silver ". Although the game is based on the older generation of pokemon games. The story will go in different sections. Most of it is not even based on older pokemon games. Infact 80% of the game is completely never before seen.
Pokemon New Horizon will include all general gym leaders , team rocket , ash , misty , rock , and professor oak. The towns will be named differently , as well as the routes.​

~Story line / Plot~

Plot will follow Pokemon Gold / Silver.​

You are a new trainer from the New Bark Town, You are asked by the Local Professor to go visit a friend of his who has made a discover in a nearby town.You are given a Pokemon as a gift for doing this for him...​

You find out that his friend has discovered a Mysterious Egg which is believed to be from a Pokemon,(This is a new thing since there was no mention of eggs in Pokemon Red or Blue)
You are asked to take the egg back to the Professor.But on your way back you receive a phonecall from the professor saying his Lab has been robbed and that someone has taken one of his Pokemon...​

You continue home where you meet the man who stole the Pokemon,you battle him either winning or losing and he runs off .You return back to the Professor who is still in shock and show him the egg,he is shocked and tasks you with the job to care for the egg until it hatches. You now begin your adventure to become a master of Pokemon, beating the 8 Gym Leaders and collecting your badges to allow you entry into the Pokemon League where you will be tested and challenged,you face rivals and obstacles on your way to collect the badges and getting to the Pokemon league​

Once you beat the Pokemon League you are then allowed to head off to a different land,The Land of Kanto from Pokemon Red and Blue...​

The Game reaches an end when you find a boy by the name of Red in a cave called Mt.Silver.You battle him and once you have defeated him,the game restarts and you arrive back in your home town.The game seems to go back into the past just before you faced Red,so you can battle him as many times as you want.​

~Custom Features~

Brand new costum features will be added into the game. Some old features will be custom altered.​

- Fishing = You can now fish any where there is water. What you catch may depend on whats lurking in the water. The pokemon caught could be a strong one, he/she might pull you into the water. You better hope you have a water pokemon to swim on. Otherwise your waisting your time.​

-Wild pokemon battles = Oh wow , you think your good enough to battle wild pokemons ? Wild pokemons mood changes during the day. They could be having a good day or having a bad day or in between. Regarding what mood their in , they can be a lot of trouble for you. Or they can be easy. Good luck.​

- Pokemon Leveling = Pokemon leveling will no longer be like the old days. Pokemon dont level. Not one bit what so ever. Your pokemon becomes stronger by doing battles or training. Pokemon will have a mind on their own. Their actually smart. They can actually learn to become stronger if the trainer really pushes them. Or become weaker if "possible" if the trainer rarely trains them or battle with them.​

- Your own pokemon mood = Like every pokemon in the game , your own pokemon will have mood as well. You better feed them , love them , traing them right. Matter of fact even respect them right. Otherwise they could just ignore you and make you loose important pokemon battles.​

~The world it self~

The world of Pokemon New Horizon is huge. So huge you might not even explore it all. Swimming with your pokemon from one side to the other side of the ocean could pratically take you actually 4- 6 real life hours. I hope you know what your getting your self into :thumbup1:​

~Battle System~

Wow this is a bit difficult to say. I think it's more difficult to actually explain it then to code it o.O ... lol
Anyways , the battle system is actually the #1 system in the entire game that will take the most developing time. Infact its still yet in development. Probably around 30% finished.​

- The Battle system will be a "FREE STYLE" system. Heres how it works.
*Upon entering in battle mode , you will be introduced to the "Transitions" system.​

*Transistions system is where you can click a button and trigger a change in camera mode. You can between "character 3rd person mode" to "pokemon 3rd person mode"​

*When your in the "Character 3rd person mode transition system , you have the option to heal your pokemon , change your pokemon , run , etc..​

*When your in the "Pokemon 3rd person mode" your in control of your pokemon. This is how the battle will be. You have basically almost the entire area of where your standing to a certain point "not shown" to have a battle. Your in control of your pokemon. Move your pokemon like if you were moving your character while walking , running. Its just like a dragonball z game. You choose your character and use the whole map freely to battle your enemy. Same style applys here. Except this time its your pokemons.​

*Skill system is the most interesting. The engine calls it skills , while your calling it "Attacks".Each skills will require a key press combo to be able to do it. Heck but its very difficult. Remember your enemy will act like you. They can move around freely as you. So you must master moving freely and doing the key combinations to trigger an attack at the right moment.​

* Switching from pokemon mode to character mode transitions can leave your pokemon in harms way. Just because you switched from pokemon to character does not mean the battle is paused. Just means your decided to switch. But the battle is still on. Meaning your enemy can harm your pokemon.​

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~ScreenShots~

Legend of the Light House = You think you can find this area and discover its secrets ? Well good luck with that :) even if you do. the secret could just blow your mind. Or maybe it was a waste of time for you ? Who knows :)​

j7dmpf.jpg

2qwkg05.jpg

Legend of the Fountain = The secret fountain of a certain pokemon. Legend says that "certain pokemon" used to defend that fountain for personal reasons. But what personal reasons ? Can i catch that pokemon ? I dont k now , but I hope you find out :)​

2nlzblc.jpg

Under Water ruins = Guess what ? Not only can you swim with your pokemon to reach places. You can also swim under water with your pokemon and discover hidden underwater places , ruins , deserts , gosh even secret pokemons :)​

20sy3qe.jpg

Ocean and Sunset = Ever wonder how the ocean and sunset in the game would look like ? Well your in luck heres is a in game 12 second video of the ocean while theres a sunset going on.​

This in game video is real time render while in game. The computer behind this video is running Core i7 , 32 Gb ram ddr3. With 1 gtx 600 series card. Running at a frame rate of 85 frames per second.​

If video does not show up. Go here​

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~​

~Older ScreenShots 5 months ago~

if9ajd.jpg

105e7sx.jpg

2yphx7t.jpg

f9fw9l.jpg

33dxyrb.jpg

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
This game was given a new thread due to the name change and more game information to be provided. Also due to the fact that "First Beta" release will arrive sooner then most people think. This thread will be used for this purpose.

FaceBook : https://www.facebook.com/#!/P0kemonGold3d
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~`~~​

Radical Raptr

#BAMFPokemonNerd
Years
I'm.....impressed o-o I have no idea what to say, except that you look really small, or the world is just really really big, either way this is very interesting and I wanna see what happens

pkmn.master

Hobbyist Game Developer
Years
  • Age 28
  • USA
  • Seen Jun 7, 2022
I thought that this would look like a 3d game with Pokémon models thrown in, but I have to say that I am impressed. I thought that the graphic style of the maps wouldn't, I don't know, yell Pokémon? You proved me wrong. This looks like something that would come to mind when you think of a Pokémon 3d RPG game. Very impressed. Keep up the good work. That lighthouse image reminds me of the lighthouse early in the anime that had to do with Bill.

Years
  • Seen Sep 30, 2015
@Saving Raven : Thanks lol , the world isnt big and the character isnt small :). The picture was taking from a camera. Not from a character view.

@pkmm.master : Thanks :) , tried my best. yet there still lots more to create , fix , undo , and re fix :)

Radical Raptr

#BAMFPokemonNerd
Years
OOOHHHHHH then that makes sense, I thought that was the character's perspective, sorry, looks amazing though, good luck!

Conan Edogawa

One Truth Prevails
Years
Wow, this is really impressive. My only problem is that it's a G/S/C remake, but other than that it is truly awe inspiring. And the fact that it sounds like it'll be switched up a bunch does excite me. Would I be correct in assuming that this is being made as a PC game?

zingzags

PokemonGDX creator
Years
I like you level designs, are you able to point me to some ways on how to make stuff like that?

SoaringSomeone

Residential Sprite Slave
Years
  • Seen Jan 23, 2014
Looks impressive, but could you put up a video of the pokemon moving around in the world? As far as I can tell, the videos you have right now are of lighting/water effects, which would be handled by the engine itself, right?

The models themselves do actually look very nice though. What'd you use to make them, might I ask?

Years
  • Seen Sep 30, 2015
@Conan Edogawa : Yes its a pc game.

@zingzags : I use zbrush and maya for the modeling.

@SoaringSomeone : More videos will come up soon. Yes the lighting and and water are handeled by the engine it self. And i use Zbrush and Maya for the modeling.

Years
Wow! Really cool that someone finally are creating a Pokémon game in UDK. I will keep an eye on the project, and I really hope you complete it someday. I will defently give it a try. Good Luck! :)

DaSpirit

Mad Programmer
Years
Unreal Engine? Professional.

I really want to see a video of the battle engine. The screenshots look beautiful but I want to see more!

Years
  • Seen Sep 30, 2015
Pokemon Lab in development. Still much more to do.

P.S: This is camera view. Not character view.

2w7g846.jpg

Lord Varion

Guess who's back?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 6, 2015
The amount of 3D Pokémon idea's I've seen come and go, it's pretty obvious I have my doubts.
But the scenery looks amazing, except it's missing the 'Pizzazz' you'd get from a decent Pokémon game. It's all fine and dandy that the buildings look slight pokémon- like but the scenery looks more of the path I'd go for a walk on, rather than an actual pokémon route.
I'm yet to research this engine you're using (I presume you are) I'm also curious on how this Basttle system will turn out.

Years
  • Seen Sep 30, 2015
The amount of 3D Pokémon idea's I've seen come and go, it's pretty obvious I have my doubts.
But the scenery looks amazing, except it's missing the 'Pizzazz' you'd get from a decent Pokémon game. It's all fine and dandy that the buildings look slight pokémon- like but the scenery looks more of the path I'd go for a walk on, rather than an actual pokémon route.
I'm yet to research this engine you're using (I presume you are) I'm also curious on how this Basttle system will turn out.

Thanks but im not aiming for a pokemon fan made "Pizzazz" :) . IM aiming for a real 3D enviroment where in this case is all about pokemon.

Engine being used is Unreal Engine 3. Industry top 3d engine for both PC , Playstation 3 and Xbox 360. Most of those games are made in unreal engine. Others are made in " In House Engines" from their own company.

Im aiming for a Direct x10 graphics.

Years
  • Seen Feb 28, 2014
Very nice work so far!I like the graphics and the pokemon "mood" idea.Will you put pokemon from the 1st and 2nd gen only?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back