• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

My revised Mewtwo EX deck (unlimited)

TrainerTori

Growlithe Fan
Years
(revised again) TwoDark

Deck revised once again! and I've just decided to call it "TwoDark" :B for the time being, I suppose! It's been working well for me... a little too well ^^; But I've yet to take it anywhere tournament level competitive, but some of my friends are really getting into it, and I played against a raquaza(sp?) EX last night, so that was a fun change :D.

Deck List:

1 - Mewtwo EX
1 - Darkai EX
1 - Bunneary (116/149)
1 - Lopunny (117/149)
1 - Elgyem (55/101)
1 - Skitty (113/149)
1 - Delcatty (114/149)
1 - Woobat (36/98)
1 - Swoobat (71/149)
1 - Sableye (62/108)
1 - Meloetta (77/149)

Supporters
1 - Cheren (it appears that I've LOST one of my Cherens?! ;A;)
1 - Cilan
2 - N
1 - Skyla
1 - Bebe's Search
2 - Prof Juniper
1 - Emcee's Chatter

Items
1 - Super rod
3 - Energy Retrieval
2 - Level ball
1 - Super Scoop Up
2 - Energy Search
2 - Crushing Hammer
2 - Great Ball
1 - Here comes team rocket
1 - Switch
1 - Bill
1 - PlusPower
1 - Pokemon Circulator

Tools
1 - Rescue Scarf
1 - Exp Share
1 - Giant Cape (lose this add a Skyla >.< when I find another!)

Stadium
1 - Pokemon Center

Energies
8 - Psychic
6 - Dark
3 - Double Colorless

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

1. What is the purpose of your deck ?

My deck revolves around supporting mewtwo EX
I play mostly with friends, however, so I do like a variety of weaker pokemon so, if need be, I can avoid destroying with mewtwo, and extend the game with just throwing out weaker pokemon and leaving him on the bench.

2. What is the strategy behind your deck ?
Unlimited Psy / Dark deck
Mewtwo EX is my main attacker, supported by Druddigon.
Lopunny is my healer, supported by pokemon center

and the strategy is to use Elgyem to pull mewtwo and other basics out of my deck and get set, and then use Swoobat's Jet Woofer to stall and have my opponent discard till I'm ready to go with mewtwo ex and lopunny.

use pick up or switch when mewtwo is low, throw lopunny out and, sadly, rely on the coin flip Healing Melody to heal all the damage.
Also, play Pokemon Center and Here Comes Team Rocket early

Deck list:
I still have some cards in my deck that I'm just testing out because they're new, i'l probably lose them and replace with more supporters and things. but for the time being, they're fun for playing with friends
Spoiler:

I just have fun while playing, and I just enjoy creativeness of combining different pokemon.
so ideal gameplay?

Play pokemon center and here comes team rocket right out the gate

Start with Elgyem and use First Contact to pull Mewtwo and another basic (woobat, bunneary, or skitty - depending if their evo is in my hand)

Attach EX share to mewtwo

Get woobat evolved into swoobat early and stack him with 2 or 3 psychic energy.

Let elgyem get knocked out and mewtwo takes his one energy

throw out swoobat and keep knocking off cards from my players deck (this is always fun)

Either let swoobat get knocked out or switch/withdraw swoobat and throw out mewtwo.

Take X Ball cheap shots till he's down on HP (usually mewtwo has 4 energy), then withdraw and throw out lopunny

keep doing healing melody and praying for a heads coin flip (in turn with relying on pokemon center)

throw mewtwo back out when he's healed at least back up to 120

then repeat the process.

Druddigon is back up if mewtwo does get knocked out, and he's just out there to stall until I can super rod mewtwo and elgyem back into my deck, then swap druddigon with elgyem, get mewtwo back out, and start the energy stacking process again.

Last edited:
Years
Oh! Well, 20 is still a bit on the higher side. You could easily cut that down to 16 or 18 and put in more draw-friendly supporters like Cheren and Skyla. A really good older supporter (but it's not very old - was first and last printed in 2008) is Roseanne's Research. Allows you to search for and get both Basic Pokemon and Basic Energy in the same turn.

TrainerTori

Growlithe Fan
Years
Alrighty! picked up some new cards because it was my birthday :B
and I broke down my deck and switched it up a bit more :D

getting a bit closer to something competitive, I think :)

TrainerTori

Growlithe Fan
Years
Biggest problem I see is having only 1 of each of all of your Pokemon.
EX's I only have one of based on cost, and I'll grow them over time.

the others - I haven't really encountered any issues, and I don't really rely on anyone but elgyem, but he's useless aside from dragging out other basics, so I'm hesitant to put more than one in my deck.

usually one will end up in my prize cards, but if I definitely need it, I make sure to play here comes team rocket early and get them flipped over so I know what to grab.

Back