• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

PEDRO12's EVERYTHING TUTORIAL PART 2

Years
  • Seen Jan 25, 2017
just started editing a copy of fire red

when i click on open script in advance map it tells me it cant find the script editor. im thinking that its to do with where my files are saved. how do i fix this problem? also once this is done will i be able to see existing scripts that were in the game origonaly (thinking they might be a good use of example codes)

very last question (for the moment honist)
i want to remove the gender option from the start alltogether is there any way to edit the scripts in that opening sequence?

Echidna

i don't care what's in your hair
Years
Sorry for being such a noob at this, but when you do something like applymovement 0x<personID> @<pointer>

What is the personID? I see it in Advance Map, but when I changed a character's ID to 1000 and tried applymovement 0x1000 @<pointer> and stepped on the tile to see if he would move, nothing happened. What am I doing wrong? Is the number already in use? Am I writing it wrong? Am I using the wrong number? Can someone show me a full example script using real numbers? I just wanna make a test script to make a person walk up and to the right when I step on a tile near him is all. I am coder of many types; coding I understand, just not where to get the number to use lawl :p

yeah..the thing you are doing wrong is that you don't edit the peron id...its the peron event number, at the top......and it has to be inn hex...so instead of 1000...type: 3E8 (after you change the person event number or people event number (i forgot its name) to 1000)

So pedro i havnt been on in a while internet down . . . . . haha but if you can get any iinfo on how to take away the players pokemon tell me and if i find a way ill be sure as to tell you oh ja and i cant check the dyacares script i tried to set it with notepad but it dousnt work sadly and i have NO clue how XSE works so that muddles me up but ill still give it a try ohk ja thanks i hope i helped now a new command is to be found. . . . . haha MORE WORK FOR ALL OF USE!! thanks and cheers!

ohk thanks if you figure it out much apreciated if you can tell me, i hope im not a bother but a quik question:
say now you speak to a guy and like a yes or no question but you dont want it to be yes or no you want it to be a pokemon name or next example
You go into lab and you talk to oak he says; you old now you can get a pokemon wich one shall you have and the box appears like this

[CINDAQAUL]
[TOTODILE]
[CHICKORITA]
[next]

and it goes to a certain command depending on what you chose if you chose a pkms name it will give you it if you chose next it moves onto a new list with diffrent pokemon names i know this may be long since its alot of commands but can you explain this to me please?? i will be grateful thanks alot it will help with my hack!!

for your first question
goto settings -- > choose script editor...and choose XSE
now in advance map, double click on the script you want to open and it will open in XSE

for your second question...you will have to do some multichoice box editting..and i am lueless in that matter...lol...

just started editing a copy of fire red

when i click on open script in advance map it tells me it cant find the script editor. im thinking that its to do with where my files are saved. how do i fix this problem? also once this is done will i be able to see existing scripts that were in the game origonaly (thinking they might be a good use of example codes)

very last question (for the moment honist)
i want to remove the gender option from the start alltogether is there any way to edit the scripts in that opening sequence?

goto settings -- > choose script editor...and choose XSE
now in advance map, double click on the script you want to open and it will open in XSE, or choose it and hot open script like you said.....lol....

and editting the intro needs asm hackng which is very complex...like programming..and you have to be an epert to do that...look for an asm hacker and ask him...

PowerSpartanl99

Pokemon Hacker
Years
  • Seen Nov 28, 2013
Dude sweet tutorial! This taught me everything I know about scripting. One question though: how do you assign certain scripts to activate when talking to a person? For example, let's say I make a person event in advance map, then how do I assign a msgbox to that particular person? Please help man thanks

M.L

Invisible
Years
  • Seen Dec 21, 2017
Hahaha thanx lol ja ima try and get that multichoice stuff right hey thanx youve been alota help can you do asm hacking is it realy that complicated?

Echidna

Years
asm is very complicated, unless you are a programmer...lol.....its basically editting the game's engine from scratch...lol...

M.L

Invisible
Years
  • Seen Dec 21, 2017
haha ja i dont think ill be able to to that can you ASM hack?

M.L

Invisible
Years
  • Seen Dec 21, 2017
haha then make a tutorial for me then cause i underdstand yours i no you say you may not be too good at multichoice questiob but if you may be able to give me a simple one i can then adjust it :) :) haha oh ja your specials you gave me help i like using them oh ja i wana ask i donna if you played FLORA SKY but their is a multi choice script thing and in gives you the option to teleport and it says 1:golden city 2:FIESTA ZONE
The a box [1]
[2]
[none]

Is it posible if you may help???

Oh and heres one of my ''special'' scripts i have 1 question

#org $start
lock
faceplayer
message $1
boxset 5
compare LASTRESULT 1
if 1 goto $done
message $no
$no 1 = Fine come back any time!
boxset 6
release
end

#org $done
lock
special 0x9B
message $2
boxset 6
special 0x98
warp 0x0 0x2 0x8
release
end

#org $1
$1 1 = check the clock and tell me\nif its time to go up!

#org $2
$2 1 = Oh it is lets go!

How do i get the Message 2 to work everything else works it brings up the clock then you click cancel from the clock ''thats where the message must appear'' but it stops you click a button then it goes to the next special and then warp so if yyou can tell me why the second message doesnt appear??

Oh i just wana give somthing i put together from many searching haha it may help most of it works wait i think 99% of it works some for r/s other for fr/lg ohk here it is it may help alot of people

Spoiler:

It quit alot but i hope it helps people haha thanxs guys hope you can help me pedro??

(G) ;) ;) :):):):):):):)

haha then make a tutorial for me then cause i underdstand yours i no you say you may not be too good at multichoice questiob but if you may be able to give me a simple one i can then adjust it :) :) haha oh ja your specials you gave me help i like using them oh ja i wana ask i donna if you played FLORA SKY but their is a multi choice script thing and in gives you the option to teleport and it says 1:golden city 2:FIESTA ZONE
The a box [1]
[2]
[none]

Is it posible if you may help???

Oh and heres one of my ''special'' scripts i have 1 question

#org $start
lock
faceplayer
message $1
boxset 5
compare LASTRESULT 1
if 1 goto $done
message $no
$no 1 = Fine come back any time!
boxset 6
release
end

#org $done
lock
special 0x9B
message $2
boxset 6
special 0x98
warp 0x0 0x2 0x8
release
end

#org $1
$1 1 = check the clock and tell me\nif its time to go up!

#org $2
$2 1 = Oh it is lets go!

How do i get the Message 2 to work everything else works it brings up the clock then you click cancel from the clock ''thats where the message must appear'' but it stops you click a button then it goes to the next special and then warp so if yyou can tell me why the second message doesnt appear??

Oh i just wana give somthing i put together from many searching haha it may help most of it works wait i think 99% of it works some for r/s other for fr/lg ohk here it is it may help alot of people

Spoiler:

It is numbers for like everything you may need in hacking

It quit alot but i hope it helps people haha thanxs guys hope you can help me pedro??

(G) ;) ;) :):):):):):):)

Last edited:

Echidna

Years
woah, what a mouth full, ok first off, i didn't say i suck at multichoise boxes, i said i have NO iea about them, lol, and that script is for pokescript, won't work with me, i also have no idea about Pokescript, and the list is weird, half of it is mentioned up in the tutorial, and the other half is un-undertsandable, lol....

M.L

Invisible
Years
  • Seen Dec 21, 2017
ohk ja i still wana learn how to multichoice and thanks for the help with every thing it helped me alot ay!!

Echidna

Years
you r very welcome, but could you please tell me the story behind that "ja" you keep saying, its starting to get on my nerve...lol....

Echidna

Years
sure...its point is to help !! if u get stuck on smth, post here..or pm or vm me...whatever works for u...

M.L

Invisible
Years
  • Seen Dec 21, 2017
helloo
i havnt posted in a while
internet been down ):
but in back now (:
ohk uhm with the specials i wana wrote a script so that you walk onto a ''script thing in AM''
and a guys says you cant come here without a
cavepass i use checkitem
but when i get the item and rewalk on the ''script''
it freeses why??

ill post the script to you
please take a look and tell me
what is wrong?
thanx

#org $start
lock
faceplayer
chackflag 0x6123
message $1
checkitem 0x373
#raw 0x01 0x00
compare 0x800D 0x1
if b_true goto $done
boxset 6
applymovement 0xFF $move
pausemove 0x0
applymovement 0x06 $move2
pause 0x30
message $2
boxset 6
applymovement 0xFF $move3
pausemove 0x0
applymovement 0x06 $move4
pause 0x30
nop
pausemove 0
fadesound 0x12C
nop
boxset 6
release
end

#org $done
message $3
#raw 0x53 0x0F 0x80
setflag 0x9090
boxset 6
setflag 0x6123
release
end

#org $move
#raw 0x63 0x03 0xFE

#org $move2
#raw 0x0A 0xFE

#org $move3
#raw 0x08 0x08 0xFE

#org $move4
#raw 0x0B 0x02 0xFE

#org $1
$1 1 =Hey didnt you hear\nthis cave just had a\lcave in you cant go in

\lbut if you show me the cave\lpass i can let you on!

#org $2
$2 1 = Sorry until you get a cave\npass you gana have to leave!

#org $3
$3 1 = you got the cave pass well then\n youmay pass!

thats my script everything othere than that works
thank you!!

ohk i also wana ask this
i made a give pokemon script and he asks you yes or no ''boxset 5''
and depending on you answer it goes to diffrent commands but
if you click yes or no it freezes why heres my script please help

ima put my script in qoutes

THE SCRIPT
#org $start
lock
faceplayer
checkflag 0x828
checkflag 0x7010
applymovement 0x04 $move
pausemove 0x0
message $1
applymovement 0xFF $move2
pause 0x30
nop
message $2
boxset 5
compare LASTRESULT 1
if 1 goto $yes
message $4
givepokemon 0x398 0x5 0x0
message $5
applymovement 0x04 $move3
pause 0x30
boxset 6
#raw 0x53 0x0F 0x80
setflag 0x7010
setflag 0x828
release
end

#org $yes
message $3
givepokemon 0x395 0x5 0x0
message $5
applymovement 0x00 $move3
pause 0x30
#raw 0x53 0x0F 0x80
setflag 0x7010
setflag 0x828
boxset 6
release
end

#org $move
#raw 0x62 0x0A 0x0A 0x0A 0x0A 0x0A 0x0A 0x0A 0xFE

#org $move2
#raw 0x62 0xFE

#org $move3
#raw 0x62 0x0B 0x0B 0x0B 0x0B 0x0B 0x0B 0x0B 0x60 0xFE

#org $1
$1 1 =HELLO!

#org $2
$2 1 =Haha sorry i startled\nyou but ive got a\lsupprise for you since

your new\lhere in this region\li should explain a few things\l this

region is large and dangereous\l and ive got a question for you\lare

you going to explore our\lregion?

#org $3
$3 1 =I knew it i knew it\nohk good so since you going to\lyou are

going to need a partner\lto go with or you might get\lhurt this is my

favourite pokemon\lso treat it well\lits a dragon flying pokemon!

#org $4
$4 1 =your not that sucks but\nyou know what im going to\lgive you a

pokemon any way\lso if you change you mind\lwell i know your going

to\lchange your mind okay im\lgoing to give you my favourite\lpokemon

its a steel type!

#org $5
$5 1 =I hope you train and\nlook after him well i gotta\lgo my lab is

in that\lcave over there we had to\lput it in there since\lour lab is

too big to make as\la house but its fine in there\la bit cold

sometimes\lbut we are on a frozen lake\lthats why its so cold\lthat is

being studied in the\lweather institute and how we are\lso close to a

dessert\lah im sorry im boring you i\lmust leave now anyway\lGOODBYE

AND GOODLUCK

Ohk please help tell me if ive done somthing wrong please help??

thanxs
=)

Last edited:

Echidna

Years
dude, i have said this many many times...I DON'T USE POKESCRIPT... i mean this part
checkitem 0x373
#raw 0x01 0x00
compare 0x800D 0x1
if b_true goto $done
boxset 6

i can't see what a #raw is doing here, unless you mean it as a command in raw form, and what is a boxset doing after an if command... i have no idea how this is suppoed to work, even in pokescript, but this isn't my area of experteise, so would ya plz convert to XSE like... NOW !!!!!

M.L

Invisible
Years
  • Seen Dec 21, 2017
Ohk i get all that sorry i didnt know it was a poketscript command
but how diffrent is XSE to poketscript and is it easier or more
difficult to use? im sorry again i didnt know it was a poketscript
command is your scripting tutorial for XSE and will it show me
how to put scripts into the game cause last time i tried XSE i
couldnt put my script in the game!

Thanks again and sorry

Echidna

Years
don't worry about it...first off, XSE is a hundred times easier then pokescript, and secondly, my tutorial will teach you everything having to do with XSE scripting (except the stuff i felt was useless, or had something to do with asm)

Years
  • Seen Jan 18, 2012
Hey this is my first post ever here.... uh so, Pedro I'd like to say thank you so much for this tutorial it started me down the path of pokerom hacking :D and it is so well written I'm amazed! I've sone petty things here and there as practice and such with my roms... I do have one question, do you know how to in sert a fakemon as a whole new pokemon now just a replacement with it's own pokedex entry and such?

ummm thx, for all the help that this tutorial has brought me!
icon10.gif

Back