• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.
  • Want to share your adventures playing Pokémon?
    Check out our new Travel Journals forum for sharing playthroughs of ROM Hacks, Fan Games, and other Pokémon content!
  • IMPORTANT: Following a takedown request, the following hacks have been delisted from PokéCommunity:

• Pokémon Glazed
    • Pokémon: Giratina Strikes Back
    • Pokémon Flora Sky
    • Pokémon Stranded
    The downloads and discussion threads for these hacks will no longer be accessible, and staff will be unable to return questions regarding accessing this content.

FireRed hack: Pokemon FireRed Super-Extra-Nostalgia Edition

Years
  • Seen Nov 22, 2019
Are you tired of new games where the Pokemon sprites actually look like the Pokemon they are supposed to be? Does the idea of Pokemon who don't have oversized heads and weirdly shaped eyes make you sad? Do you wish we could go back to the days of the Gameboy when all the sprites looked totally ridiculous?

Well now you can! In this hack, two months in the making, all 151 of the original Pokemon have been replaced with revamped versions of their original sprites, revamped to fully fit alongside generation III sprites! Playing Pokemon FireRed has never been so Nostalgic!

Features:
-New front sprites for all 151 Pokemon
-Standard "Firered 151" adjustments to make it possible to get all 151 Pokemon in the wild in one game!

And now it is complete! Comes in two modes: Normal mode where only the sprites have changed, and DELUXE mode with wild Pokemon changed and some gym leader teams changed (they now have Pokemon all of the right type and don't have more than one Pokemon of the same species).
Download here!

Also: I hereby give permission for anyone wanting to use this as a base for their own hack, as long as some credit is given (just mention my username). Thanks. Also note that you can't just add this hack on top of another hack, the sprites take up more space than the originals did so it overwrites some free space that other hacks are likely to use. Sorry for the inconvenience caused by this, someone with more knowledge of GBA ROMs than me might want to create a version that can be applied over other hacks.

Info on Pokemon locations not normally available (only accurate for deluxe version, no idea how many of these I put into the normal version):
Spoiler:

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jun 18, 2012
How to put mew in the game?Since the 1st (and only) legit mew I got was lvl5 and I got it as soon as I started Red,I opened up an area near route 1 which has a lvl5 mew in it,and it's right after a small maze.Just throwing an idea there.

Or use one of the unused Sevii island maps.

Chronosplit

I play for keeps!
Years
  • Seen May 3, 2022
Put Mew under the truck.

Or, you can definitely stick it in Altering Cave. There is absolutely nothing else in there, since Nintendo even ditched the idea they had for AC in the first place.

miksy91

Dark Energy is back in action! ;)
Years
Why not put Mew in the same way it's obtained in R/B: "Glitch".
Make it so that there is a trigger event two steps away from that youngster in Route 25 and if you challenge him there and fly to Lavender Town and try to go west, Mew will appear.

(Although putting it under a truck could be more user-friendly indeed)

Lord Varion

Guess who's back?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 6, 2015
This seems like a good idea, yet so little of what could be done is done.
Why not take it a step further and revamp tiles and overworlds?

It would make it a hell of a lot funner to play.
With that being said if you did revamp tiles, you'd need to shrink alot of maps. :l

Asuf

Dragon Tamer
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Jul 24, 2012
Sprites really cool, you could more with this however to give that nostalgic feel, like doing what Nintendork is suggesting and also removing all Gen II & III attack moves and replacing movesets and such!
But the sprites look awesome though, good work! :)

Years
  • Seen Aug 8, 2016
Nice. I was going to do a hack of FireRed that makes the movesets and trainers exactly as they were in the original. I shall use this as my base.

Asuf

Dragon Tamer
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Jul 24, 2012
Nice. I was going to do a hack of FireRed that makes the movesets and trainers exactly as they were in the original. I shall use this as my base.

I don't think you can without the owners permission...

By the way Captnotatroll I can offer to help you with the Pokemons movesets if you'd like? (make them as they were in Red/Blue)
Also what do you plan to do about the Sevii Islands and 3rd Gen Pokemon? Or is it going to far! XP
I imagine it will take a lot of time to make this into a fully fledged Red/Blue game, but I think it'll be worth it.

Years
  • Seen Nov 22, 2019
This seems like a good idea, yet so little of what could be done is done.
Why not take it a step further and revamp tiles and overworlds?

It would make it a hell of a lot funner to play.
With that being said if you did revamp tiles, you'd need to shrink alot of maps. :l

Well I mean... there's already a game that exists that's like that. And it's called "Pokemon Red and Blue."

I give permission to anyone wanting to use this as a base, either for other "sideshow showcase" hacks or for original plots, as long as credit is given. Frankly, I only really made this hack because I'd revamped all the sprites as a side project to post on Reddit, the actual hack was only made in a few hours.

Asuf

Dragon Tamer
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Jul 24, 2012
Cool, I might use it as well in the near future for a sideshow project I might work on...

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Oct 26, 2012
Downloaded this yesterday and I absolutely love it!! Having the pokemon from leafgreen catchable is a nice touch.

Back