• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Which trio you like?

Which Pokemon Anime Trio you like the best?

• 1. Ash, Brock, Misty

Votes: 14 46.7%
  • 2. Ash, Brock, May(and Max)

Votes: 8 26.7%
  • 3. Ash, Brock, Dawn

Votes: 4 13.3%
  • 4. Ash, Iris, Cilan

Votes: 4 13.3%

• Total voters
Years
  • Seen Jan 28, 2014
Okay, just out of curiosity, I have decided to ask the question that is asked-many-times-but-not-properly-answered.

Which Pokemon Anime Trio you like the best?

Vote:
1. Ash, Brock, Misty
2. Ash, Brock, May(and Max)
3. Ash, Brock, Dawn
4. Ash, Iris, Cilan

Years
  • Seen Jan 28, 2014
I say

1. Ash Brock Misty
the classic is the best I think

Even though Dawn is my favorite, I can't disagree. The orignal will be the origanals, and there is no denying it!

So why don't you vote in the poll too? :)

Years
  • Seen Aug 15, 2013
Mine will be Ash, Brock , May (and Max) because R/S/E were the best and Ash's Sceptile was beast. :P

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
Years
I also have to say Ash,Brock,May (and Max.)

Hoenn has been my favorite generation. To me it was the best in everything. The Anime, the games and the pokemon. And before it is said that I started watching it then, no I started watching it a few weeks after it first aired in English back in 1998/1999 if not then. I just know that I started watching before Pokemon The First Movie.

TheFuturePokemon

Natural.....
Years
Your forgetting Ash Misty and Tracy trio. But my favorite will have to be Ash Misty and Brock they had so much chemistry between them

Firox

eepz, come help pwease!
Years
Ash, Cilan, Iris - I have had more fun seeing Cilan and Iris than all the other companions, I love Cilan's food puns (I want to try and be a chef someday).

Purple skies

Kittycanes777
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jan 2, 2023
I have to say Ash, Brock, Misty I had fun seeing them together I really miss this time.

Joobell

Insert Witty User Title Here
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Aug 1, 2015
I think Ash, Brock, and Misty where the best since they where the original and to me they are the only trio I watched before taking a 3 year break from Pokemon Anime >.<

BrandoSheriff

Has a tendency to figure things out
Years
Jessie, James, and Meowth is my favorite Pokemon anime trio. xD

But on the subject, I'd go with Ash, Brock, and Dawn. The Sinnoh saga was my favorite, due to the the battles, story and character development. They definitely had some development during it, even though any that Ash had reset by the Unova saga. xD

Years
^^This is a no brainer for me; Ash Misty and Brock! And its way more than being the original, their friendship honestly just felt the most genuine to me. They teased, loved Pokemon, helped each other in need, and saw the world. That's what Ash and his friends are supposed to do, but somehow with this group it felt the most believable and special.

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
Years
I really like the Hoenn quartet, actually. Ash is at his best being a learning mentor. Brock got a decent amount of screentime not involving women and related jokes. May had a really great personal development arc. And Max's field education was really extensive. And together, they made a great little family. Mama Brock and big brother Ash and middle child May and little brother Max. Ash and May squabbled sometimes but mostly teased and got along really well. Ash's practical experience and Max's textbook knowledge had them learning from each other and May from them. Brock, ever the mentor, calmed the fights and corrected inaccuracies and provided a more unbiased view of things. All of that came together and provided a wonderful saga to watch with less obvious exposition (which is still one of my minor annoyances with the show haha). It did seem at times that the writers had more characters than they knew what to do with in an episode, and Max's involvement did drop off later on, but overall they did very well with four very different characters in focus.

The original trio had great chemistry; Ash being a noob, Misty being happy to correct him, Brock being a mediator but more his own person with goals of finding his place in life than in later seasons. Misty did mostly mellow out by later Johto and both she and Brock were more ignored as the focus was on Ash and his solo achievements rather than his time spent learning.

I still haven't seen a lot of DP but the trio seem to be very good friends. Less arguments and less teasing though. More over-the-top!Brock. Their interactions with the recurring supporting cast tends to be more interesting then with each other tbh.

BW... oh BW. These three suffered from kind of terrible writing. BW was full of wonderful characters with zero development or expansion. They could have been wonderful, and were shown to be in some of the better episodes. But they just... weren't. :(

Years
  • Age 38
  • Seen Jan 3, 2018
Group Ash, Misty and Brock is who i enjoyed the most.
All three worked as perfect true group of comrades with their various types of personalities supplementing each other well making interactions always being full of comedy, drama and lot of care. They came of as unforced, natural characters joking, laughing together, sometimes getting on each other nerves but also showing to be sensible when their friend was in danger often reminding me of persons in real life developing strongest bond out of all groups we had imo.
From Ash naivety and stubbornness, Misty temper, sarcasm and romantic side mixed with Brick flirty, irrational and wise behavior made their chemistry complete and full of ardour.

The original trio had great chemistry; Ash being a noob, Misty being happy to correct him, Brock being a mediator but more his own person with goals of finding his place in life than in later seasons. Misty did mostly mellow out by later Johto and both she and Brock were more ignored as the focus was on Ash and his solo achievements rather than his time spent learning.

About Misty becoming abit more calmer, personally i found that as positive thing being reflect of gradual character development she went through.
Misty there viewed her friends as new family which accepted her for who she was not having to justify herself and live in someones shadow like it was case with older sisters. While still being full of witty comments and competitive streak, spunk not letting others to put her down like Dorian, Egan Ash etc, got annoyed and frustrated with her pokemon like Psyduck, when they were late or embarrassed etc. With more of her other traits which were often overshadowed by temper being showed more like sarcasm,her humorous side,kindness and determination etc.

I noticed in leaving episode how much she grew . She was still feisty and sarcastic, but also developed high doze of responsibility and appreciation for her friends wanting to stay with them and continue pursuing her quest but also realizing how its her obligation to go back and save gym from shut down doing unselfish act.

She and May are my favorite girl companions and i miss her flamboyant dynamic leaving while being left more to be desired about her story and dreams like water master goal.
Hopefully they will return again, at least for appearance.

Aloasa

BRAINS!!!!!!
Years
  • Seen Jul 27, 2014
My favorite is the Hoenn trio(don't consider Max) because I like them together, Brock didn't see the spotlight much but I still enjoy it, and of course we have Ash and May, I'm not an advanceshipper for nothing, I love how they act together even when they argue...something that I didn't like with Misty

HaiImNate

Ice Cream
Years
  • Seen Jul 27, 2013
The original trio will always be my favorite! Next, would have to be the Sinnoh region trio.

Back