• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: POKEMON: Dark Rising

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jun 7, 2016
ash493, even using a blissey with toxic, softboiled and seismic toss I can't beat it. It uses rest and it finally kills my blissey by lowering his sp def with psychic and raising his special attack with calm mind. I think I'll need a K.O move such as fissure, guillotine or something.

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
ash493, even using a blissey with toxic, softboiled and seismic toss I can't beat it. It uses rest and it finally kills my blissey by lowering his sp def with psychic and raising his special attack with calm mind. I think I'll need a K.O move such as fissure, guillotine or something.
You can't beat it with Bliss?! o.O
Now that's a tough luck...
I guess your only option left is Umbreon as a dark type, it will block Psychic.

Can anyone help me get past the first gym leader? I can beat houndour and vulpix easily but heatmor kills me every time. My team are all lvl 20 or higher except munna who is only an 11. I would love to keep leveling them but it is just getting too hat since everything before the gym is such a low lvl. I'm seriously over my lvl 24 losing to a lvl 20 though. Anyone have suggestions? I'm so frustrated.
Grind, grind and grind. If you have problems with the first gym, you won't survive long.
Always be overleveled as much as possible. Otherwise you won't finish the game.

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jun 7, 2016
ash493 I got it, now I'm fighting with adrian and he is too tough. Could you recommend me any pokemon to beat it? XD
PD: yeah, blissey was enough to defeat cresselia XD

You can't beat it with Bliss?! o.O
Now that's a tough luck...
I guess your only option left is Umbreon as a dark type, it will block Psychic.

Grind, grind and grind. If you have problems with the first gym, you won't survive long.
Always be overleveled as much as possible. Otherwise you won't finish the game.

Heeey, It's already done. I won the league but I'm a bit lost now. What do I have to do before beating the league? They say that we go to the omni region but I don't know where I have to go to it.

Last edited:

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
ash493 I got it, now I'm fighting with adrian and he is too tough. Could you recommend me any pokemon to beat it? XD
PD: yeah, blissey was enough to defeat cresselia XD
Obviously =D Blissey is uber =D

Heeey, It's already done. I won the league but I'm a bit lost now. What do I have to do before beating the league? They say that we go to the omni region but I don't know where I have to go to it.
Omni ought to be region of DR2 so there are no means of getting there in DR1.
So... congratulations you have finished the most crazy overpowered hack you have ever encountered =)

ThorShadow525

Shadowflame Elitist
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Dec 21, 2013
Can anyone help me get past the first gym leader? I can beat houndour and vulpix easily but heatmor kills me every time. My team are all lvl 20 or higher except munna who is only an 11. I would love to keep leveling them but it is just getting too hat since everything before the gym is such a low lvl. I'm seriously over my lvl 24 losing to a lvl 20 though. Anyone have suggestions? I'm so frustrated.

Just catch a geodude, drilbur, or roggenrolla, then use ground/rock type attacks on the heatmor.

Spatton1010

Heroic
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Sep 13, 2016
Hey guys what is up with this machamp i found in the trainging grounds? I know it is pokemon DARK rising but still that's creepy. I tried to put the picture in my signature due to posting restrictions. If that doesn't work it's also put as my avatar.

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Nov 4, 2013
Does this game have Gen 3 mechanics (eg. All grass, electric, water, etc type moves are special; All Normal, fighting, ground etc type moves are physical) or use gen 5 mechanics?

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
Hey guys what is up with this machamp i found in the trainging grounds? I know it is pokemon DARK rising but still that's creepy. I tried to put the picture in my signature due to posting restrictions. If that doesn't work it's also put as my avatar.
Probably just crappy sprite that wasn't fixed... anyways, avatar always shrinks pictures so try to put it on some image sharing server and post link without the http... that ought to work.

Does this game have Gen 3 mechanics (eg. All grass, electric, water, etc type moves are special; All Normal, fighting, ground etc type moves are physical) or use gen 5 mechanics?
3rd generation.

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Oct 23, 2013
I like this hack but ahhmm.. just want to ask is there a complete hack version of pokemon yellow??

ThorShadow525

Shadowflame Elitist
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Dec 21, 2013
I had to start over(thank you, technology) and decided on a different team. Anybody who wants I'm open to suggestions and criticism on what to change and keep. This is my current team at level 40

Shelgon
Breloom
Excadrill
Tortouga(rock/water turtle fossil)
Galvantula
Ninetails(waiting for gym badge to switch to Larvesta/Volcarona)

Jésrøñ bans

Dreams come true.....
Years
After the desert pass, I meet a guy(bug catcher) who calls himself as gym leaders son.
I battle him, defeat all his pokemon, but when he sends out shedninja and I attack it , it shows that super effective but not even a single hp goes down.
y is this happening?

Ok.
I got a solution.
It was just a minor glitch

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Oct 8, 2013
Hey, I am playing the game, and having this problem with the Black Belt at the beginning of Dragon Valley. As soon as he sees me, the screen goes blank. Any idea?

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jul 26, 2014
I really wanted to say how much i liked this rom hack, I just finish it
beat out that creepy lugia (i was very scaryed at begin, Reading theses posts talking about how it was hard to beat, but to me it wasnt that much, just sandstorm+leech seed combo and use a dark monster with hig spc def thats it :D)

loved it and im waiting for the dr2!! indeed good work, whatever ppl say about glitchs or graphics to me what matters is the fun! the nostalgic fun!

greetings peeps.

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
I really wanted to say how much i liked this rom hack, I just finish it
beat out that creepy lugia (i was very scaryed at begin, Reading theses posts talking about how it was hard to beat, but to me it wasnt that much, just sandstorm+leech seed combo and use a dark monster with hig spc def thats it :D)

loved it and im waiting for the dr2!! indeed good work, whatever ppl say about glitchs or graphics to me what matters is the fun! the nostalgic fun!

greetings peeps.
Shadow Lugia is not creepy! It's very cute... :/
And yeah, it's pretty easy to defeat. It still has overpowered BST, though.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 13, 2024
How do I get into the cave behind the elderly man's house in Flamen City? It keeps saying it's too hot to go in...I finished the game but I am still curious as to what's in there? I'm assuming Groudon but still. Is it even accessible?

Years
Every main person has stronger pokemon than me. It's ridiculous. Dx. I need to spend like a hour in the grass to catch up.

Back