• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

March Maaaadness

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sableye~

Back to PC~
Years
  • Seen Jan 4, 2018
@Jz
D; Oh. If you want to look it up, the song is 'Death of Me' by Red. I'm listening to it right now. Again.

Nope. I've heard him before, though.

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
Years
Alright, I'm listening to it right now :)

And if you like horror heavy metal, you should listen to Rob Zombie, his stuffs are great :D

Sir Codin

I feel completely out of place in this conversation right now.

Also Rob Zombie...horror metal? Pfft.

Sableye~

Back to PC~
Years
  • Seen Jan 4, 2018
@Jz
Let me know what you think? x:

Not specifically. I have to avoid some more "heavy" stuff, because I don't like screamo (short of one song). Some of it in a normal song (like that in Death of Me or Feed the Machine, which is the same band) doesn't bother me, though, so long as it isn't the majority of the song. c;

Sableye~

Back to PC~
Years
  • Seen Jan 4, 2018
Nope. I know that there's a difference haha. Your signature is actually what made me remember it, though. x;

Edit:
Didn't see the above post.
Anything that's just, well, screaming. If you can't tell what they're saying for the most part, I consider it screamo. Just my opinion, though.

Sir Codin

Metal and screamo are not alike, Rob Zombie isn't horrifying...or screamo, and Chevelle and Breaking Benjamin are not "heavy."

You guys are giving me an ulcer.

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
Years
I find his stuffs to be more metal more than screamo :P

I like Dragula and House of a 1000 Corpses best from Rob Zombie.

I meant horror as in he base his stuffs on horror contents.

Honest

Hi!
Years
For the record, I never called BB heavy. Alternative rock is more my style.

AND AS SOON AS I MENTION ZEBRAHEAD, THEY ANNOUNCE THEIR NEW ALBUM RELEASE DATE YES YES YES

Sableye~

Back to PC~
Years
  • Seen Jan 4, 2018
Then what's the difference? Every screamo song I've ever seen was considered to be metal. I'm aware that they're different, but how are they as different as you make it seem?

That wasn't sarcasm, by the way. Legitimate question.

Sir Codin

Years
---Every time you think metal is "screamo", I shoot three baby seals. So please, think of the poor seals before you call metal "screamo."---

Metal is screamo.
Now bring me the furs of three baby seals! >: D

just kidding

Sableye~

Back to PC~
Years
  • Seen Jan 4, 2018
I hadn't even thought to look it up. I just checked five or so different sources and every one was different. :? Some say that metal has no screaming and screamo only screaming, others claim that it's based on the lyrics. There were more than that, but I can't remember them right now.

Considering I've been up since before it was light out, I'm tired and don't care enough at the moment to look into this much. I'll try to remember to do it tomorrow, when I'm completely awake. x;

-
I used to not like metal. It's growing on me, though. c;

Last edited:
Years
Post-hardcore, melodic metalcore, punk rock, alternative, and some indie rock are my favorites.

But there are WAY too many sub-genres for rock/metal.

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
Years
Me too Jess, I really wasn't a fan of metal or rock at all. Then I started listening to it because of my friend and now I'm a bigger metal fan than him :P

And yes Delta, there's a ton of sub-genres for rock @_@

Sir Codin

Metal is mostly an instrumental based genre, but vocals range from anywhere between clean singing to deep growling to dramatic tenors to mid-to-high pitched shrieks or any combination of the sort. Black metal tends to be the closest to anything resembling "screaming", but it's not so much screaming as it is just harsh high-pitched vocals.

But like I said, it's an instrumental genre. No matter what the style, the vocals are simply just another instrument to people like me. The aggression within the instrumentation is its main attraction.

Also, in case anyone's interested, I have list of metal album recommendations that I've been passing around, encompassing a variety of subgenres. If anyone's interested, just ask and I'll PM the list.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back