• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Can you charge the Nintendo 3DS with an USB connector?

Years
  • Seen Apr 2, 2013
Hi everyone!
I bought my Nintendo 3DS and the charger stopped working in about a week, it wasn't an original one and I was thinking of buying a replacement on eBay until I found an original one.

However, I came across this:

$T2eC16NHJGoE9nuQeR6!BQElDNM49g~~60_12.JPG

It's a USB for the DSi/3DS, and I was wondering if I could charge my 3DS with one of these, by plugging it to my laptop just like I charge my iPhone? I tried searching it on Google but there was very little information about this.

I will really appreciate any reply from someone who has any experience.

Thanks!

Years
  • Seen Apr 2, 2013
Nintendo wouldn't sell such a product, so chances are pretty high that it will be a third-party cord. A DSi charger is the exact same as a 3DS charger, so if it works on a DSi, it'll work on a 3DS. I say, if this cord works on a DSi (As stated in the advertisement), it should work on your 3DS.

Yeah, I know it's not officially released by Nintendo, but I was just wondering if anyone has tried something similar. It does say that it works for both the NDSi and the 3DS so I hope it will work...
Thanks!

Gerri Shin

  
Years
I had gotten something similar in a kit for a DS Lite a few years back. It worked for charging the ds Lite, but it was also a lot slower to charge from a computer than from the outlet.

Back