• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: [HotW #58] Pokémon Torzach: The Legend Begins (We're back in action, people!)

Shall we show you the Super Powerful Legendary?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

minchan

Mudkip Worshipper
Years
Uhh, thanks?
==========================================================
Sorry guys, if this is off topic, please don't delete it mods :P Its fairly important: None of the other team members have a copy of the rom, due to the fact that the Fakemon were inserted before a lot of the scripts were inserted. Trouble is, the person who inserted knew there was going to be an issue with the Fakemon, but never told me, so we carried on like normal, only to find out a few days ago that the backsprites were weirdly inserted :\ I'm not sure if its easy or even possible to fix it, but if we do have to restart, it'll only take us about a week at the most, I imagine. Now, I'm really really in need of someone new to insert Fakemon, someone that can do front and backsprites. I really, really need someone ^^
Also, if I go all of a sudden and don't post on the thread or reply to PM's, it probably means I'm in a hospital with no internet connection :P I had a severe blood nose this afternoon, and we had to get the ambulance out for me. I lost a lot of blood and the bleed took an hour to stop, and it actually feels like its starting again as I'm typing this... If I don't get on for a while, thats where I'll be, ok? ^^

i hate bloody noses.... grarrgh (had a nosebleed for 3 hrs once)
i always get them even though my general health is good... 0.o

ANYWAYZ back on topic

you really think it would take only a week?? i know nothing about sprite insertion or scripting but i always thought it took quite a while...
but i'm really glad to hear/read (lol) that you think it should take only about a week. ^^

Lyzo

Back from vacation
Years
Uhh, thanks?
Sorry guys, if this is off topic, please don't delete it mods :P Its fairly important: None of the other team members have a copy of the rom, due to the fact that the Fakemon were inserted before a lot of the scripts were inserted. Trouble is, the person who inserted knew there was going to be an issue with the Fakemon, but never told me, so we carried on like normal, only to find out a few days ago that the backsprites were weirdly inserted :\ I'm not sure if its easy or even possible to fix it, but if we do have to restart, it'll only take us about a week at the most, I imagine. Now, I'm really really in need of someone new to insert Fakemon, someone that can do front and backsprites. I really, really need someone ^^
Also, if I go all of a sudden and don't post on the thread or reply to PM's, it probably means I'm in a hospital with no internet connection :P I had a severe blood nose this afternoon, and we had to get the ambulance out for me. I lost a lot of blood and the bleed took an hour to stop, and it actually feels like its starting again as I'm typing this... If I don't get on for a while, thats where I'll be, ok? ^^

Mac, I think we need a new ROM, we need a new clean FireRed ROM... xD
Reinserting the scripts and maps will probably take about 1-2 hours (not much) since I still have everything saved! :D
But yeah, we really need a new sprite inserter then!

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 23, 2023
Mac, if an inserted sprite is troubling you, then just use Darthatron's Pokémon Editor Pro.
Open two of that tool. The first one, open a clean ROM and the second one, open your hack ROM.
Go to the POKéMON which is causing the problem, and copy the sprite offsets from the clean ROM to your hack ROM, if your sprite inserter repointed it.

You can use Darthy's tool to fix PKMN location/offset of their sprites and palletes.

Westrmistr

Westermeister
Years
Uhh, thanks?

Well, darn. You know I'd do it Mac, but I don't have the tools OR the knowledge to do so. But the post above should help.

And, I still don't have the Park Ranger's OWs yet. I'll get to them as soon as possible.

EDIT:

Okay, here it is!

Name: Westrmistr.

OW:
gallery_11654_380_1273.png

Battle Sprite:
gallery_11654_380_152.png

Other: Park Ranger.

Last edited:

Vanitas~

Ink Blot
Years
  • Seen May 5, 2013
Well, darn. You know I'd do it Mac, but I don't have the tools OR the knowledge to do so. But the post above should help.

And, I still don't have the Park Ranger's OWs yet. I'll get to them as soon as possible.

EDIT:

Okay, here it is!

Name: Westrmistr.

OW:
gallery_11654_380_1273.png

Battle Sprite:
gallery_11654_380_152.png

Other: Park Ranger.

Haha! Those OWs are awesome. They remind me alot of the Po-Po sprites from D/P. The hats remind me of the nice PokeMart guys who gave me my Regigas and Secret Key and Shaymin, too. Huh. Just imagine: the nice Mart guys commiting an act of Police Brutality..... Anyway, keep 'em coming, West! I'm sure you will probably be the only one who does. :cer_shifty:

P.S. Mac, you really should think about closing the Poll about -corrupted-. You've already shown it.

Vannah☆

Spriter
Years
Haha! Those OWs are awesome. They remind me alot of the Po-Po sprites from D/P. The hats remind me of the nice PokeMart guys who gave me my Regigas and Secret Key and Shaymin, too. Huh. Just imagine: the nice Mart guys commiting an act of Police Brutality..... Anyway, keep 'em coming, West! I'm sure you will probably be the only one who does. :cer_shifty:

P.S. Mac, you really should think about closing the Poll about -corrupted-. You've already shown it.

-maniacal laughter-

Or have we...? ;)

Lyzo

Back from vacation
Years
Good news people!

I just found out how to fix the sprites!
There were some pallette problems and they're pretty easy to fix!
So we're right back on track!

minchan

Mudkip Worshipper
Years
Good news people!

ah REALLY??? SWEET... looks like we don't have to worry bout that anymore!! FULL SPEED AHEAD!

MegaMaccer

If a tree falls in a forest
Years
Mac, if an inserted sprite is troubling you, then just use Darthatron's Pokémon Editor Pro.
Open two of that tool. The first one, open a clean ROM and the second one, open your hack ROM.
Go to the POKéMON which is causing the problem, and copy the sprite offsets from the clean ROM to your hack ROM, if your sprite inserter repointed it.

You can use Darthy's tool to fix PKMN location/offset of their sprites and palletes.
Thanks for your input, it certainly helped us get the problem solved ^^
Good news people!

Awesome, Thats great ^^

========================================================

Alright guys, now the problems solved, we're moving forwards again. Banjora Marxville is in possession of the rom, and he's inserting tiles. Once he's done there, I'll probably insert some overworlds, and then we'll work on more Fakemon. Once we've done that, there is really just the Gym and final event to sort out, and then the release. Now guys, the alpha is not going to be huge, so it won't really take you that long to play through. Thats why they call it an alpha, not a beta :P But I'm sure you'll enjoy evolving the Fakemon and getting a taste of the story. While you're waiting for screenshots, have a look at this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WteLk6tXwDA
Its going to be used as a disguise system for the Rangers, and we could possible use it on the offchance you can play as someone else :P Gabe C sorted this out for us ^^

Lyzo

Back from vacation
Years

Awesome, Thats great ^^

Alright guys, now the problems solved, we're moving forwards again. Banjora Marxville is in possession of the rom, and he's inserting tiles. Once he's done there, I'll probably insert some overworlds, and then we'll work on more Fakemon. Once we've done that, there is really just the Gym and final event to sort out, and then the release. Now guys, the alpha is not going to be huge, so it won't really take you that long to play through. Thats why they call it an alpha, not a beta :P But I'm sure you'll enjoy evolving the Fakemon and getting a taste of the story. While you're waiting for screenshots, have a look at this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WteLk6tXwDA
Its going to be used as a disguise system for the Rangers, and we could possible use it on the offchance you can play as someone else :P Gabe C sorted this out for us ^^
Again, I have to say, Gabe is awesome :D!!!
It's great that we'll be able to use that feature in the game!

minchan

Mudkip Worshipper
Years

Awesome, Thats great ^^

ah I LOVE the clothes changing script-thing. ^^
I do hope we can incorporate it into Torzach.

Ephraim

I am no servant.
Years
I spy a Brendan and Oak outfit. How about a Gold/Jimmy outfit? Anyway, this is turning out to be awesome. You could have many options for the OW changer feature. I dunno anything about hacking, but I trust you would utilize this well.

DarkPrince304

Back to Hacking after exams!!!
Years
Hey Guys
This hack is awesome
I made a fakemon some minutes before so I thought I can give it to Mac for his hack coz I don't need any fakemons for my hack
So here's it
temptwer.png

It's details:
No name decided
This pokemon can surf on lava and has very sharp jaws.It can also burst out flames from back to increase its Speed in the lava.It can survive in the hottest Temperatures.It is Fire/Water type :)

Banjora Marxvile

hOI!!!!!! i'm tEMMIE!!
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen today
I don't like this hack... The fakemons doesn't look at all like pokemons...

And you'll need the normal elite 4!!!!!!!!!!!!11111111111111

Tough luck. You don't "need" the original E4, however you "want" the original E4. Also, the Fakemon do look like pokemon, but I guess that is your opinion, but no need to be so horrible and say you don't like it.

Anyway, the tiles may be slower than thought Mac. Sorry. I will have them ready soon though!

DarkPrince304

Back to Hacking after exams!!!
Years
Hey Marxville if you are in this hack
Can you tell me is my Fakemon Suitable for the hack?
temptwer.png

It's details:
No name decided
This pokemon can surf on lava and has very sharp jaws.It can also burst out flames from back to increase its Speed in the lava.It can survive in the hottest Temperatures.It is Fire/Water type

Banjora Marxvile

hOI!!!!!! i'm tEMMIE!!
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen today
Hey Marxville if you are in this hack
Can you tell me is my Fakemon Suitable for the hack?
temptwer.png

It's details:
No name decided
This pokemon can surf on lava and has very sharp jaws.It can also burst out flames from back to increase its Speed in the lava.It can survive in the hottest Temperatures.It is Fire/Water type

Hmm... Dunno really. Fakemon aren't my scene. Shading may need improving, and it needs to be 64x64, obviously, but I can't say, only Mac can.

Banjora Marxvile

hOI!!!!!! i'm tEMMIE!!
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen today
I think it's awfull without the E4!

and I think the fakemons are terrible made, jsut look at them?!

Use the normal pokemons!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Any constructive criticism about the sprites? You can't say they are awful without reasons. It may be your opinion, but you need a justifiable reason to hate a hacks sprites.

Lyzo

Back from vacation
Years
I don't like this hack... The fakemons doesn't look at all like pokemons...

And you'll need the normal elite 4!!!!!!!!!!!!11111111111111
I think it's awfull without the E4!

and I think the fakemons are terrible made, jsut look at them?!

Use the normal pokemons!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Rofl! :laugh:
I actually laughed at this... xD

Great constructive comments, definitely something we can work with :laugh:

Vannah☆

Spriter
Years
XDDDDD Wow.
o_o; I think our fakemon are absolutely brilliant, for the most part. If you want a game with the elite four, and if you're going to criticize our fakemon without any constructive criticism, then go make your own hack with your own ideas and your own fakemon. I'd like to see that.

Oh and darkprince, it has to be 64x64 at the most and facing the opponent... not on a side view... And fire/water is a type combination that just isn't done. Also, the shading isn't well done. Maybe I'll make it into a 64x64 sprite just so you can see what they should look like, so that you have better knowledge on the subject in the future.

minchan

Mudkip Worshipper
Years
Oyy I can't stand when people criticize things with no justification. Uggh!!
I wonder, can you tell us actual reasons why you believe that our fakemon are "bad"?
And why we "need" the regular E4?
I'd like to know. I really would.

And to be perfectly honest, I've looked at a LOT of fakemon hacks and I have yet to see better fakemon than those in Torzach. Not to be biased or anything, because I'm just a supporter. Not a team member. (I do beta testing but that's irrelevant to this.)

I just wish you, and all other people who criticize our (or anyone else's) work, for whatever reason, would just tell us WHY you don't like it... It doesn't help much if you point out problems and don't really help us to "fix" them...

(Everything in this post above this line of text is directed at Gvdl bmmzpv tuvqje cjudi)

*sigh*
Anyway I'm sure most of you don't care too much since I'm not really "working" on this hack, but just wanted to let you all know that I am not gonna be on the forums quite AS often for the next three weeks. I'm going to a pre-college art program. ^^

And btw mac... *coughUcoughscoughecoughrcoughBcoughacoughrcough*
no rly. ^^;;

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back