• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: [Hack of the Year 2009] Pokémon: Azure Horizons

Years
The new screenshots look interesting. I believe the picture with the gym is in Hazel Town since that town has a gym with lakes in it. Having the opposite gendered rival instead of the male one sounds better and more original too. I believe you're not gonna have the day and night feature?

2RandomStudios

Angry Jigglypuff
Years
This is what I like to see; Hacks that don't rely on new graphics as their main feature. Of course it is important to have new graphics, scripts make a game. Hack of the year for the win!

AmanoYuki

Lover of the Unloved
Years
I've only just found this site (*through a link to this hack, believe it or not*), and I already believe this hack is gonna be AWESOME without even playing it!
Imma test it now, so keep up the good work, Frostbite! :D

Ultima1

Pro Mapper
Years
  • Seen Aug 1, 2011
Keep going, this is gonna be an awesome hack once it's done. You may want to consider making all the pokemon catchable.

Frostbite

Ace Trainer
Years
You may want to consider making all the pokemon catchable.
Not too sure about that... like I said in the first post, a good majority of Pokémon up to the 3rd gen will be obtainable. The only Pokémon I'll leave out of the game are some Legendary Pokémon. The player will have to trade from other games if they want them that badly or just want to complete the Pokédex. I'm still disputing about the Kanto and Johto starters, but most likely the player would have to trade for those too.

As for the updates, I've been working on giving earlier areas a huge face lift while working on some completely new ones as well.

Spoiler:

Enjoy!

AmanoYuki

Lover of the Unloved
Years
Like I said in the first post, a good majority of Pokémon up to the 3rd gen will be obtainable. The only Pokémon I'll leave out of the game are some Legendary Pokémon.I'm still disputing about the Kanto and Johto starters, but most likely the player would have to trade for those too.

I don't mind not having all of the pokemon, it's actually better than being able to catch them all, as you never get enough room in PC boxes to have more than one of all of them (*not sure about other games, but that's the case in DPPl*)

This game is looking better than ever! Beta 3 is gonna rule!
Then again, I should probably start on Beta 2, heh, I patched it then forgot to play it...
... ^_^'

Years
  • Seen Dec 19, 2012
I enter Galena City with 4 badges. I try and go to the gym and someones blocking it. I go into the warehouse and theres another man blocking the path saying i need to have more badges. I also need a s.s. anne card. help please?

Years
I believe you are working on Beta 3 now, obviously. I like how you had made cities bigger than they were like Azure City and Greenwood Town. I wonder of Amethyst City will be bigger, but most likely it won't. Still great updates!

Frostbite

Ace Trainer
Years
Just thought I would add in a cool easter egg of sorts.

Spoiler:

Last edited:

rayquaza911

Legendary Pokemon
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jan 27, 2013
Just finished the beta, really straightforward and simple, how a Pokemon game is meant to be.

By the way I haven't found HM Flash, where do you get it?

Another note, was it intentional to make the trainer's Weezing Lv.49 this early in the game? (Sewers)

AmanoYuki

Lover of the Unloved
Years
Gah, I STILL haven't played this yet... what is wrong with me?
Anyway, I like the easter egg!
Catching Mew is gonna be cool, I'm looking forward to it.

Hmmm... I might just wait for Beta 3 and play that, and, knowing me, I'll have to force myself to find time to do that... never enough time in the day, you know? But, I'm rambling, so I will shut up and just finish by saying... Keep up the good work, Frostbite!

Years
  • Seen Jun 19, 2016
okay, PROBLEM. I have a lvl 26 polywhirl and I currently have a waterstone, but it says it will have no effect, WHERES MY POLYWRATH??
Edit: What the heck? None of the evolutionary stones are working either! eevee won't take anything either!

Last edited:

Meri-tje

Cute Pokémon FTW!
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jul 2, 2011
I just downloaded and played beta 2
Yay for blond girl sprite ^^
And yay for the beautiful blue in the beginning
And blue text boxes <3
And the blue flowers <3
Ok I'll stop there lol