• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon: Time of Rebellion

Should Pokemon ToR include any of the original 695 pokemon + our fakemon?

• Yes, all 695

Votes: 11 52.4%
  • No, none at all

Votes: 4 19.0%
  • Yes, but not all 695.

Votes: 6 28.6%

• Total voters
Years
  • Seen Feb 19, 2015
Nintendork I do not understand what that means. Explain please? I thought you just meant that-
A-the stairs are not for ledges
B-Like nickaloose said, its a tile error that the stairs are too short.

PS-Also about your game Varion. I tried it out. Its cool, but the jumping animation is kind of chunky.

Screeny1.png

THe stairs did look strange. Here is an updated pic. Now fixing route 1.

screeny2.png
[/IMG]

There is the final route 1. It is better yes?

Take1.png
[/IMG]

And how does that look? I took a shot at character spriting.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Feb 19, 2015
Haha thanks. I completely forgot about that. Ill split the ledges right now. Thanks for the feedback.

On a side note. Can anyone PLEASE help out in anything for the game? Right now our team is small, and I am basically working on it myself.

Nickalooose

--------------------
Years
  • Seen Dec 28, 2023
Those stairs are for going down a ledge facing north.
Yet the ledge is facing south.

I viewed this on my phone originally, but I can see that was the case on here, haha, looks funny, but it has been changed however.

Nintendork I do not understand what that means. Explain please? I thought you just meant that-
A-the stairs are not for ledges
B-Like nickaloose said, its a tile error that the stairs are too short.

Just that it was "upside down", use the right stairs in future haha.

Screeny1.png

THe stairs did look strange. Here is an updated pic. Now fixing route 1.

This looks the same really, just without stairs, so it's fine.

screeny2.png
[/IMG]

There is the final route 1. It is better yes?
Well... Route 1 certainly looks better but how do you expect us to return to the hometown when you block the way with ledges? =D

Haha, this quote answered everything, I'm not going to say nothing because you said you are going to fix this.

Spoiler:

And how does that look? I took a shot at character spriting.

Not bad, I can't sprite for nothing and here's 2 of my attempts about 2-3 years ago.

Spoiler:

And this sprite was about 1 year ago.

Spoiler:

Don't steal haha.

Keep practising and you will only get better... I clearly still need to do some work, but, they look like how I pictured them.

Haha thanks. I completely forgot about that. Ill split the ledges right now. Thanks for the feedback.

On a side note. Can anyone PLEASE help out in anything for the game? Right now our team is small, and I am basically working on it myself.

We'll all help in some way, just drop some questions or problems and everyone will see what they can do

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Feb 19, 2015
Thanks nichaloose!

-I fixed the ledges on route 1, and I finished route 2. Pics soon.

Years
  • Seen Feb 19, 2015
UPDATE-

Hey guys. Sorry for no updates this week, I have school. Anyways, I have been rapidly working on maps. Route 2 is finished. Second town is finished. First forest is finished. Small route 3 is finished.

Also we welcome my friend Jake to the team. He is a great anime artist and will be helping to draw characters for our game. (Not Fakemon).

At the same time, NIntendork has left the team. (No time)

IF anyone is able to help with anything, please let me know.

SCREENSHOTS COMING SOON.

Lord Varion

Guess who's back?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 6, 2015
I do apologize for leaving, but I will be keeping close eyes on you! ;D

Years
  • Seen Feb 19, 2015
Update-

Heavy progress being made. I finished up some more routes and another town. Still pretty much a one man team. Can anyone help out?

Years
  • Seen Feb 19, 2015
As said in the title. We still NEED help. I will be posting more screenshots today btw.

Things we need help with-
-Spriters
-Artists- Fakemon, Sprites, Tiles, Backrounds, Ect.
-Mappers- Will work with me on making maps.
-Scripters- Will script the game. Neither my friends or I know how to script.
-Ect- Good at something I failed to mention? Want to help? Feel free to let me know!

I am unable to do this solo, and my team is not helping. I need atleast one more mapper, and atleast one scripter. Even if you can not help full time, a little would be nice.

Nickalooose

--------------------
Years
  • Seen Dec 28, 2023
Sorry to be the barer of bad news, you're kinda asking everyone else to do the work for you... Mapping is easy, so is eventing, you've got all the easy jobs down... Maybe if you attempted spriting or scripting, you will get good at it... Tiles are the easiest thing to do, as most of the siles are small and need little work to be done, as do overworlds, I requested these myself, but upon doing them, I realised it is easy... Try it, progress will be slow for your game, so don't rush! Nobody is making you release this game any time soon.

Years
  • Seen Feb 19, 2015
Im doing plenties of work myself. I have been practicing eventing. I have been doing all mapping myself, although im not the best. I have fixed up my own tile set, although pkmn.master has made me another one. I have been doing some spriting as you can see on the first page. The only things im asking people to do without my help, would be scripting, which I have attempted before, music ( Possibly), and art. Again im able to sprite, but not fakemon. I simply just need some help.

Nickalooose

--------------------
Years
  • Seen Dec 28, 2023
Fair enough, just don't rely too much on other people at any moment they will leave you!

Littlered

The Red One
Years
Mapper Application

Hello there, they call me Littlered. I'm not what you call the most active participant of this forum but time to time I take a good look at whats new and whats going on. I saw this thread immediatly knowing that somebody needs help. I am a wonderfull mapper and I think I would make a great help to your production team. My summer has just started so I would be free for the majority of this summer. I am a very hard worker and give my effort a 110%. Let me know if you would like my help! Just below are some of my custom maps I made for a MMORPG called PWO. (Note: these aren't actually in the game itself, but they are my maps almost like a submition to become a mapper there) Yea so here's my work with just a default map maker:

Attachments

• Cave B.png
    Cave B.png
    36.2 KB · Views: 22
  • WhiteRiver.png
    WhiteRiver.png
    43.6 KB · Views: 24
  • LaVista.png
    LaVista.png
    62.7 KB · Views: 19
  • RouteC.png
    RouteC.png
    22.6 KB · Views: 20
Years
  • Seen Feb 19, 2015
Hey there! Your work is great. And your saying your going to be active? Fantastic! Welcome to the team! Let me just update our tileset, and ill send you a copy.

pkmn.master

Hobbyist Game Developer
Years
  • Age 28
  • USA
  • Seen Jun 7, 2022
Looks like you have done quite a bit with that tileset. I'm liking it. I did send you a PM about helping along with mapping, as it is my best subject, along with spiriting custom graphics for menus, or HP bars, so if you need those to help brush up the battle system and menus, let me know. Might a suggest trying sprite splicing for your trainers? That is how I made all of mine. Here is some of my work that I am using for my game (note: they are JPEG'd so that nobody on the forum will steal them):

Spoiler:

Because I am working on my own game and I haven't found anyone to help, I may be slow at sometimes, but I am very serious about my work for not only my game, but also others as well.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Feb 19, 2015
Thanks for helping Pkmn.Master. INdeed wwe do need help with screens aswell so ill pm you about that! Thanks for helping out so much!

Ivee

Ask me about Trailblazer :3
Years
  • Seen May 22, 2019
Do you have any concepts for fakemon, even written down? I've made lots of sprites for a game concept I'll never make, but I won't lend out my creations. I'd like to try making sprites for other people. Tumblr for most recent sprites as examples: http://iveefakemon.tumblr.com/

Years
  • Seen Feb 19, 2015
Musketeer and Ivee welcome to the team!

Musketeer ill get back to you right now via PM to see some examples.

Ivee my friend is in charge of fakemon ideas with me. We have a good list already. Ill pm you with details now.

Back