• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: Challenges Ideas & Discussion

Years
Thanks for suggestions. I'll try to think something up and will probably have the thread ready next week.

But one more question... It'll be mid-month event, so how long should it be running?

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
y'all i sign in to check things out and someone made an all smeargle challenge and ya boi might be crazy enough to try lmfao

Arjay

#GoStags
Years
I made up my own challenge in ORAS once where I took 6 random Pokémon from my Bank at the start of the game and Wonder Traded them all, then used the Pokémon I received as my team for the entire playthrough. I did it until I had 6 different Pokémon otherwise it probably would have been a team of Zigzagoons! At the end of the game my final team was Starmie, Tyrantrum, Beheeyem, Armaldo, Scolipede and a shiny Cobalion. I really enjoyed it as there were one or two same type crossovers so I had to work with a smaller spread of types, and I used several Pokémon I've never used before.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
That does sound pretty neat. Maybe enough to get me back into ORAS or gen VII. Anyone else having trouble really getting into SM/USUM? I still haven't beaten my regular playthrough of Sun or UltraMoon. I already beat Moon and I guess that was enough for me.

Also Arjay, if you enjoyed that, have you ever tried a Wonderlocke? It's a similar principle, just with Nuzlocke type rules. You catch the first Pokemon on the route, but instead of keeping it, you wonder trade it away and that stays with you. Of course, there is a duplicate clause so if you happen to get something you already have, you can wonder trade until you have something you don't already own. And of course, if the Pokemon faints, it's out. I'm personally not a big fan of Nuzlockes, but this was one I rather enjoyed. I was doing one in OmegaRuby for a while, but I haven't played in a long time.

Years
I made up my own challenge in ORAS once where I took 6 random Pokémon from my Bank at the start of the game and Wonder Traded them all, then used the Pokémon I received as my team for the entire playthrough. I did it until I had 6 different Pokémon otherwise it probably would have been a team of Zigzagoons! At the end of the game my final team was Starmie, Tyrantrum, Beheeyem, Armaldo, Scolipede and a shiny Cobalion. I really enjoyed it as there were one or two same type crossovers so I had to work with a smaller spread of types, and I used several Pokémon I've never used before.

That sounds interesting. At what levels did you get your team members? I can imagine it being hard if you got them on low levels and being pretty easy if you got them on higher levels.

Maybe enough to get me back into ORAS or gen VII. Anyone else having trouble really getting into SM/USUM? I still haven't beaten my regular playthrough of Sun or UltraMoon. I already beat Moon and I guess that was enough for me.

I was forcing myself to complete Alpha Sapphire when it came out, but mostly because I played RSE so many times and ORAS felt much slower and easier. But when I got to post game, I spent hundred of hours on it.

Then, when SM came out, I was hyped for it and jump into it on 1st day. And quickly turned it off and didn't touch it for months until I forced to complete it. But once I got in Hall of Fame I turned it off once again.

I didn't bother with Ultra versions fo far, but I'm thinking about returning to Sun and do some challenges in it.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
I played ORAS decently I guess, but yeah, I played RSE so much that they felt slower and easier. And I mean, RSE are easy to me now, but...lol you know, I kind of miss TMs being one use in a way? Because you literally have to plan out who gets what move, know where there are extras of that TM, etc. Now it's like. YOU get Earthquake, YOU get Earthquake, the WHOLE TEAM shakin the ground here.

I am like...in the Diglett Tunnel in UltraMoon? And just can't be assed to go further? I used to enjoy playing challenges on the most recent game because I would have more variety for my team, but lol I can't even play through newer games normally. I don't have enough drive or time to put myself into another challenge. I still boot up older games from time to time to see where I stopped in the middle of a challenge, though. RIP to those.

Years
  • Age 44
  • Seen Mar 4, 2018
Pokemon Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon Co-op

Hello, i would like to do a co-op with someone, it will be fun and u must get a shiny starter, which is a 1% chance.Here are the requirements:
Any of the Ultra games
A shiny starter
You must catch a team of 6

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 12, 2024
Gonna scoot this over to Challenges for Janp to check over. :)

Years
I played ORAS decently I guess, but yeah, I played RSE so much that they felt slower and easier. And I mean, RSE are easy to me now, but...lol you know, I kind of miss TMs being one use in a way? Because you literally have to plan out who gets what move, know where there are extras of that TM, etc. Now it's like. YOU get Earthquake, YOU get Earthquake, the WHOLE TEAM shakin the ground here.

I am like...in the Diglett Tunnel in UltraMoon? And just can't be assed to go further? I used to enjoy playing challenges on the most recent game because I would have more variety for my team, but lol I can't even play through newer games normally. I don't have enough drive or time to put myself into another challenge. I still boot up older games from time to time to see where I stopped in the middle of a challenge, though. RIP to those.

I agree with TM part, but for competitive battles I think it's better that you have "infinite" uses of one TM.

But I found myself mostly thinking about doing some challenge, but never actually start it. So right now, I focus on one challenge at time.

Arjay

#GoStags
Years
That sounds interesting. At what levels did you get your team members? I can imagine it being hard if you got them on low levels and being pretty easy if you got them on higher levels.

Tyrantrum and Beheeyem were level 1 Tyrunt and Elgyem, the Armaldo was a level 20 Anorith and Starmie was already fully evolved. Can't remember the other two. It was fun to level up the low level ones but I kept ending up with some of my team a higher level than my badges so it added to the challenge. Especially in the large gaps between badges such as between Wattson and Flannery.

The main reason I did it was I always liked the idea of giving Wonder Trade fodder a new lease of life. Those Pokémon people just stick in there in the hope of getting an unfairly good Pokémon in return for their level 3 Pidgey. The second time I did it (on Pokemon Y this time) I made it more of a challenge by sticking strictly to the first 6 I got. This resulted in a team of Furret, Charizard, Vivillon, Noctowl and two Linoones!

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Aug 19, 2018
Looking for a Soul link partner!

Hey my name is Lorenzo, im looking for someone to do a soul link with. Im from The Netherlands so if you live in Europe hit me up! ( Europe for less time diffrence, America makes it harder to play together).

Years
Hey my name is Lorenzo, im looking for someone to do a soul link with. Im from The Netherlands so if you live in Europe hit me up! ( Europe for less time diffrence, America makes it harder to play together).

Hi, I moved your post to general discussion. I hope you find someone to play with :)

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Apr 6, 2018
Has there ever been an Egglocke monotype challenge? You get a ton of unhatched eggs that are all of Pokémon who have the same type (e.g. Electric type) that someone else breeds. You could hatch one every time you win a major battle. Any that die get boxed or released (shinies get boxed of course).

Years
Has there ever been an Egglocke monotype challenge? You get a ton of unhatched eggs that are all of Pokémon who have the same type (e.g. Electric type) that someone else breeds. You could hatch one every time you win a major battle. Any that die get boxed or released (shinies get boxed of course).

There was thread for it, but many people either post it in general Nuzlocke thread now or in Challenge Logs.

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Apr 6, 2018
There was thread for it, but many people either post it in general Nuzlocke thread now or in Challenge Logs.

Not quite original enough I guess? Oh well it definitely sounds fun. I think I'll try it out at some point. I'm considering reviving the Eeveelution Challenge. I thought it was fun and had an ultimate challenge going in challenge logs until I lost my save data (it was a Nuzlocke too). Granted mine was a relay challenge (you keep the same Pokémon you start off with through multiple games. You just reset it to level 1 each game).

Last edited:
Years
Not quite original enough I guess? Oh well it definitely sounds fun. I think I'll try it out at some point. I'm considering reviving the Eeveelution Challenge. I thought it was fun and had an ultimate challenge going in challenge logs until I lost my save data. Granted mine was a relay challenge (you keep the same Pokémon you start off with through multiple games. You just reset it to level 1 each game).

I was thinking about doing Egglocke too, since last one I did was in 2014/2015.

But Eeveelution was really fun :D If you decide to revive it, I'll probably join in.

The Undisputed Era

Shock the System.
Years
I don't think an Egglocke is "unique" enough to warrant being its own seperate challenge. A lot of the time gimmick challenges don't do well as a separate thread. best to just stick to the original then say you're implementing some different rules.

Last edited:
Back