• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Challenge] The BINGO! Challenge - Revived

LuluRina

I got this feelin' inside my bones
Years
Eh, why not?

Username: LuluRina
Bingo Type: 5x5(No Kalos/Alola)

Last edited:
Years
Yay, new folks!
Eh, why not?

Username: LuluRina
Bingo Type: 5x5(No Kalos/Alola)
Welcome to the forum! Here's your Bingo:

Kanto
The Culinary Challenge
Rainbow Road
Monocolour
Signature Move
Love at First Sight

Johto
Pick-A-Route
Your (User)Name Challenge
Stone Alone
The In-Order Challenge
Type Link

Hoenn
Highest Stat SP DEF
Elite Mash Up
The Champion Challenge
Gift Challenge
Unusual Sighting (take Solo Run if you can't randomize your game)

Sinnoh
Elite Mash Up
Trio-Species Challenge
Highest Stat ATK
Space Nerds Challenge
Type Link

Unova
Scramble
Blood Transfusions
Monoletter
Stone Alone
Duo-Species Challenge
This sounds amazing

Username: Kimborelli
Bingo Type: 7x4 (None as unusual sightings please)
Here you go! Enjoy completing the whole thing:

Kanto
Gift Challenge
NFE Team
What's Your Sign?
Rocket Challenge

Johto
The Character Challenge
Retrograde
Monocolour

Hoenn
Monocolour
NFE Team
Rainbow Road
Signature Move

Sinnoh
Trio-Species Challenge
Monoletter
The Culinary Challenge
Hit the Gym

Unova
The In-Order Challenge
Hit the Gym
Solo Run
Stone Alone

Kalos
Highest Stat SPD
Pick-A-Route
Hit the Gym
Signature Move

Alola
Rainbow Road
The Wonder Trade Challenge
Solo Run
Duo-Species Challenge

Years
Here you go! Enjoy completing the whole thing:

Kanto
Gift Challenge
NFE Team
What's Your Sign?
Rocket Challenge

Johto
The Character Challenge
Retrograde
Monocolour

Hoenn
Monocolour
NFE Team
Rainbow Road
Signature Move

Sinnoh
Trio-Species Challenge
Monoletter
The Culinary Challenge
Hit the Gym

Unova
The In-Order Challenge
Hit the Gym
Solo Run
Stone Alone

Kalos
Highest Stat SPD
Pick-A-Route
Hit the Gym
Signature Move

Alola
Rainbow Road
Solo Run
Duo-Species Challenge
Can I just ask for a reroll on either the Solo and duo species runs, just wanna use as many pokemon in Alola as possible.

Sorvete

Novice
Years
Can I just ask for a reroll on either the Solo and duo species runs, just wanna use as many pokemon in Alola as possible.

I did that for you:

Rerolled to Elite Mash-Up, you choose which one to replace :)

Last edited:

Sorvete

Novice
Years
The Mega Evolution Challenge
Pokémon X
blastoise-mega.gif

Part 1

Well, I figured I should do a quick update tonight in case I forget everything I did tomorrow or something.

Basically, I started this challenge yesterday. I have already planned my team, and I should add that it will turn out to have pretty overused members (what would you expect of mega evolutions anyway?), but it will be fun and challenging, hopefully. Well, my first team member wouldn't become available until after we reach Santalune City, so I did a speedrun through the introduction and half an hour later I was able to catch a male Riolu, named Anubis.

Now I think this first part will be one of the most difficult in the entire playthrough, because I had to fight Viola with a pure Fighting-type Pokémon. It wasn't so difficult of a battle overall, Counter is a really convenient move at this stage of the game.

Moving on to Route 4, a new member joined the team. A female Ralts, called Mana. I trained a bit there and went to Lumiose after that.

There, after battling Sycamore in his lab, the third and final member who joined in this chapter makes his debut! It's Squirtle! She was named Calliope and, after an undesirable encounter with Lysandre, we went training on the next Route. Squirtle and Ralts lost a few battles but they were able to keep up decently with my slightly overlevelled Riolu.

Going through Camphrier Town to Route 6, I faced the hardest and most frustrating battle in my challenge so far. Can you figure out which one it is before I can tell? Here's a gist of it:
Spoiler:

These guys managed to defeat me 2 times (one of them I actually reset lol), and I got lucky on my third attempt, but I was already expecting this battle to be hard, to be honest. Those are some overpowered Furfrous. Calliope also evolved into Wartortle a few battles earlier.

Anyway, I paused my journey after that and I'll see if I can make more progress tomorrow.
Team

riolu.gif

Riolu (Anubis) | Careful nature | Steadfast
Lv. 19
- Force Palm
- Return
- Quick Attack
- Counter

ralts.gif

Ralts (Mana) | Lonely nature | Trace
Lv. 14
- Confusion
- Thief
- Double Team
- Teleport

wartortle.gif

Wartortle (Calliope) | Lonely nature | Torrent
Lv. 18
- Bubble
- Tail Whip
- Bite
- Withdraw
Current Bingo sheet:
Spoiler:

Last edited:

Sorvete

Novice
Years
Pokémon X
blastoise-mega.gif

Part 2

Decided to make a quick af update here because many important things happened! Well, maybe not a lot, but I revived, yes, revived my fourth team member: Aerodactyl! Wasn't so hard to grind for an Old Amber, guess I got lucky with the Rock Smashs.

Also important, I grabbed the green bicycle.

And last, but not least, we defeated Grant! The battle was easier than Viola's. Wartortle two-shot Amaura with Rock Smash and Riolu took care of Tyrunt with no problems - If you don't consider hang on with 1 HP after a Rock Tomb/Stomp combination a problem.
Team

riolu.gif

Riolu (Anubis) | Careful nature | Steadfast
Lv. 23
- Force Palm
- Return
- Quick Attack
- Counter

kirlia.gif

Kirlia (Mana) | Lonely nature | Trace
Lv. 21
- Confusion
- Thief
- Double Team
- Teleport

wartortle.gif

Wartortle (Calliope) | Lonely nature | Torrent
Lv. 23
- Bubble
- Tail Whip
- Bite
- Rock Smash

aerodactyl.gif

Aerodactyl (Jill) | Brave nature | Pressure
Lv. 22
- Bite
- Scary Face
- Roar
- Agility

Current Bingo sheet:
Spoiler:

Last edited:
Years

Flair of Flare in Pokémon X

ZQFl2eq.png

PART 2

Okay, let's continue. I caught Skorupi and decided to train it. But Route 14 is one of the worst Routes to grind Bug/Poison Pokémon. So I got only few levels on Skorupi, but luckily it learned Toxic Spikes, which proved to be essential in beating Valerie. Her Gym was kinda hard, because my main weapon Skorupi was underleveled and my other Pokémon were Dark-Types. Valerie herself wasn't that hard, because she has Mawile and Mr. Mime. Both are weak against my Houndoom, so I didn't had to use Skorupi for them. But I set Toxic Spikes at the start of the battle so I can beat her Sylveon later. And it was right strategy as I stalled with Gyarados and Skorupi until her Sylveon fainted.

Next part was okay. I was slowly leveling my team by beating Team Flare and finally got to Anistar City and next Gym. With 3 Dark-Types. Yeah, it was easy.

Finally, I got to Lysandre labs where I barely beat Lysandre. His Mienfoo had advantage against most of my team and his Gyarados had better movepool that mine. This run is starting to be interesting...

Team

scrafty.gif

Cyrus, Bold Male Scrafty
lvl 54, Shed Skin
- Hi-Jump Kick
- Brick Break
- Rock Tomb
- Crunch

houndoom.gif

Ghetsis, Rash Male Houndoom
lvl 49, Early Bird
- Howl
- Fire Fang
- Foul Play
- Bite

gyarados.gif

Giovanni, Hasty Male Gyarados
lvl 51, Intimidate
- Bite
- Aqua Tail
- Ice Fang
- Dragon Dance

drapion.gif

Guzma, Modest Male Drapion
lvl 47, Battle Armor
- Bug Bite
- Venoshock
- Toxic Spikes
- Night Slash​

Sorvete

Novice
Years
Pokémon X
blastoise-mega.gif

Part 3

Spoiler:
Yeah, this is the point I'm starting to feel a bit concerned about having underlevelled Pokémon, losing to a random trainer isn't good at all.

And yes, this is Frost Cavern. Considerable progress since last time, no? Decided to make a bigger segment this time as always plus I was kinda lazy to make a new update post.

Anyways, from last time, I beat Korrina in Geosenge Town and it was a quite challenging battle, I admit. Didn't have much against her Lucario's except my own fighting type Pokémon.

Her actual Leader battle was easier though, I had a recently fully evolved Gardevoir in my team and a few Confusions were enough to sweep her team away. I actually got disappointed she didn't use a Lucario in that battle, but I guess that's good for variety. (Also, fun fact: This is my very first playthrough of Pokémon X!)

Got the Lucarionite from the Tower of Mastery and now Lucario is able to Mega-Evolve!

In Coumarine City (Which by the way has an amazing theme song), Ramos, the Gym Leader, unfortunately, had to face a very strong Aerodactyl with good Flying-type moves, which are not his favorites I suppose.

On the Route below, Riley, the female Gible, joined the team! And also almost instantly evolved into a Gabite!

We beat some guys in the Power Plant and went back to Lumiose to challenge Clemont.

Easy puzzle, easy battle. Was a really convenient time to have just caught a Ground-type.

In Route 14, the 6th and final member of my team was found! Haunter! I named her Muriel.

At the end of the Route, I decided to grind my Pokémon a little for the Gym Battle. I was a bit concerned about them being too underlevelled. Was a pretty decent battle, I'm glad I had recently taught Muriel Toxic so I was able to inflict extra damage on her Sylveon, always good.

Pokéball Factory drama aside, I'm now on my way to Anistar City to battle the 7th gym leader. And as I mentioned at the beginning of the post, I am concerned about my Pokémon's current levels, so I'll probably train a bit more.

Also I just realized I forgot to mention my Pokémon's abilities in the previous posts!
Team

lucario.gif

Lucario (Anubis) | Careful nature | Steadfast
Lv. 38 @ Lucarionite
- Low Sweep
- Return
- Bone Rush
- Power-Up Punch

gardevoir.gif

Gardevoir (Mana) | Lonely nature | Trace
Lv. 40 @ Mind Plate
- Psychic
- Moonblast
- Calm Mind
- Thunderbolt

blastoise.gif

Blastoise (Calliope) | Lonely nature | Torrent
Lv. 39 @ Blastoisinite
- Surf
- Protect
- Flash Cannon
- Rock Smash

aerodactyl.gif

Lv. 39 @ Hard Rock
- Rock Tomb
- Fly
- Strength
- Crunch

gabite.gif

Gabite (Riley) | Quirky nature | Sand Veil
Lv. 39 @ Eviolite
- Dragon Claw
- Bulldoze
- Shadow Claw
- Rock Romb

gengar.gif

Gengar (Muriel) | Docile nature | Levitate
Lv. 40 @ Black Sludge
- Shadow Ball
- Sucker Punch
- Toxic
- Thunderbolt

Current Bingo sheet:
Spoiler:

Last edited:
Years
Kimbo's BINGO Challenge
Challenge #1: Kanto Gift Challenge- Pokemon Red
Part 1

Spoiler:

TEAM

ivysaur-color.png

HERB the Ivysaur
Level 25
Vine Whip
Tackle
Leech Seed
Poison Powder​

Years

Flair of Flare in Pokémon X

ZQFl2eq.png

FINAL PART

And here comes the last update for Flare of Flair. After beating Lysandre I had no problems beating rest of the Team Flair, but it took longer that I tough because I had exactly same Pokémon as them. And finally, it was time to catch another team member - Xerneas. Yeah, it's overpowered legendary, but it's also new experience for me. And it's another step in my goal of using every single Pokémon. Coverage for my whole team is also nice. It proved itself right in the next battle with Lysandre. I had advantage at least. Lysandre had no chance even with Mega Gyarados. But I'll only use Xerneas if necessary.

Well, at this point my team is almost complete and I have most of the types covered. And Wulfric is next. I was confident about the battle and won without any problems with Houndoom and Scrafty beating his Ice-Types. And so I was almost ready for the Elite Four.

But first I had to get through the most boring location in every Pokémon game - Victory Road. But it's also where my last Pokémon is located. It took me a while to catch Druddigon, mostly because I forgot to buy Ultra or Dusk Balls and had only Pokéballs and some other useless balls. But caught it in one of the last Pokéballs. I spent some time in here leveling and end up with little bit overleveled Scrafty.

It's time for E4! I started with Malva and my ace for this battle Gyarados barely beat Pyroar and then instantly lost against Torkoal. That's a good start! Also for some reason I though I will be overleveled, but Kalos' E4 is stronger that I though. Malva fight was harder that I expected.

Siebold, my favourite member of the E4 is next. This time, I'm going all in! I'll use Xerneas. Thanks god for Horn Leech. After setting up one Geomancy and getting rid of confusion form Clawitzer's Water Pulse, I was able to sweep Siebold's whole team. Yep, that was overkill. Back to using my regular team.

Wikstrom! I start with Houndoom and my plan of setting up Nasty Plot and sweep surprisingly worked.

I know I said I won't use Xerneas if not necessary, but I think Drasna is worth it. And... Xerneas lost against Dragalge, which wasn't really surprising. No revives, I'll beat her even without Fairy-Type Pokémon. Druddigon beat Dragalge, but ended up in the yellow HP zone, so I switched to Scrafty for Altaria. Rock Smash was powerful, but Altaria survived with about 1 HP, only to beat Scrafty with Moonblast. I realized that Gyarados has Ice Fang, so I switched to it and finished Altaria and beat Noivern and then fainted against Druddigon. I finished the battle with Drapion.

And now, for a Champion battle! I had to heal before that though. Good old Hawlucha is 1st! And it poisoned my Gyarados with her 1st hit. Her fossil Pokémon is next. Aurorus is down after 1 Brick Break from Scrafty. Then battle of Dragons - Goodra vs Druddigon. It did not went well, but Houndoom finished the job. Second fossil Pokémon is coming and so is my fossil killer Scrafty. No chance of losing here. Gourgeist is next and so is my Houndoom. And with that, I have 5 Pokémon ready to fight Mega Gardevoir. And it went really well. Houndoom left her in red HP zone, but Diantha used Full Restore. I sent out Drapion next and barely tanked Moonblast, but still managed to beat her.

Final battle with AZ was quite easy, there really isn't much to say about it.

And with that, I beat E4. Here's Hall of Fame:
Spoiler:

So, with this Challenge completed, I should probably pick another one from my Bingo. I'm not sure which one to do now. I would like to start doing Sinnoh ones, but none of them really appeals to me right now. I have a team planned for In-Order Challenge and move picked for Signature Move, but I'm not sure if I want to do any of them right now. Well, I'll see...

Team

scrafty.gif

Cyrus, Bold Male Scrafty
lvl 68, Shed Skin
- Hi-Jump Kick
- Brick Break
- Head Smash
- Crunch

houndoom.gif

Ghetsis, Rash Male Houndoom
lvl 63, Early Bird
- Nasty Plot
- Flamethrower
- Foul Play
- Crunch

gyarados.gif

Giovanni, Hasty Male Gyarados
lvl 65, Intimidate
- Bite
- Aqua Tail
- Ice Fang
- Dragon Dance

drapion.gif

Guzma, Modest Male Drapion
lvl 62, Battle Armor
- Bug Bite
- Cross Poison
- Toxic Spikes
- Crunch

xerneas.gif

Lysandre, Adamant Xerneas
lvl 63, Fairy Aura
- Horn Leech
- Geomancy
- Moonblast
- Megahorn

druddigon.gif

Archie, Quirky Male Sruddigon
lvl 61,Sheer Force
- Night Slash
- Dragon Claw
- Rock Tomb
- Superpower​

Sorvete

Novice
Years
Pokémon X
blastoise-mega.gif

Part 4 / Final

I trained my Pokémon after that little incident in Frost Cavern and now they're all lv. 45 (Except for maybe one), I'm ready to challenge Olympia.

That was the moment I realized how easy these gym leaders are with no more than 3 Pokémon. That Mienshao trainer at Frost Cavern was way more challenging than this.

Real quick destroyed Team Flare's plan and I went to Snowbelle City to get my last gym badge. The puzzle was entertaining, I admit. Sadly, I can't say the same for the actual battle.

With all gym badges, it's time to head to the Pokémon League! I taught that ace trainer blocking my way a lesson and entered Victory Road. Got a bit lost in the cave, but was pretty straightforward. I trained my Pokémon a bit more and finally reached the League.

My first Elite Four opponent was Malva. Her Fire types were no match for a Garchomp!

Next opponent, Wikstrom. His Steel types were no match for a Garchomp!

Drasna's battle lasted a little bit more because I led with the wrong Pokémon, but that's pretty much it.

Now Siebold. I accidentaly let his Gyarados use Dragon Dance and sweep my whole team in the first match, but other than that no problem! I Thunderbolted his ass away in the second attempt.

The only reason I trained my Pokémon before challenging the Elite Four was because of my concerns regarding the battle with Diantha. I took a look at her team in Bulbapedia and saw a lot of coverage in her Pokémon, plus a level 68 Gardevoir who was able to Mega-evolve. Although the actual battle was not at all challenging. I think only one or two of my Pokémon fainted during that, and I think her Gardevoir would have swept my team had I not have Mega evolved my Gengar early on, but we're fine. Hall of Fame!

Like Janp, I won't even mention AZ's battle here. Compared to the Elite Four and the Champion, it was a piece of cake.

Not sure which move I'll take now, probably something in Sinnoh again because I want to play Renegade Platinum in this Challenge some time. But I'm also looking at Hoenn and Johto's ones.
Champion Team

lucario.gif

Lucario (Anubis) | Careful nature | Steadfast
Lv. 62 @ Lucarionite
- Close Combat
- Shadow Claw
- Earthquake
- Power-Up Punch

gardevoir.gif

Gardevoir (Mana) | Lonely nature | Trace
Lv. 63 @ Mind Plate
- Psychic
- Moonblast
- Thunderbolt
- Shadow Ball

blastoise.gif

Blastoise (Calliope) | Lonely nature | Torrent
Lv. 62 @ Blastoisinite
- Surf
- Flash Cannon
- Focus Blast
- Ice Beam

aerodactyl.gif

Lv. 60 @ Aerodactylite
- Stone Edge
- Fly
- Crunch
- Ice Fang

garchomp.gif

Garchomp (Riley) | Quirky nature | Sand Veil
Lv. 62 @ Leftovers
- Dragon Claw
- Earthquake
- Fire Blast
- Stone Edge

gengar.gif

Gengar (Muriel) | Docile nature | Levitate
Lv. 63 @ Gengarite
- Shadow Ball
- Sludge Bomb
- Toxic
- Focus Blast

Current Bingo sheet:
Spoiler:

Last edited:
Years

Signature Move CURSE in Pokémon Platinum

grotle.png
onix.png
gastly.png

PART 1

Okay, so I finally started working on my Sinnoh column. I wanted to do Signature Move with interesting not-so-common move and still had balanced team. Originally I wanted to do Counter or Mirror Coat, but I don't feel like using any of these two now. So I spent about an hour browsing list of moves and picked several, only to find out that most Pokémon, that could learn them are available only through Poké Radar.

In the end, I decided to go with Curse, as it's only ???-Type +it works differently when used by Ghost-Type Pokémon than any other Type and that enough is interesting for me to build a team around it. Then I spent some time thinking about naming theme. But it was much faster that picking up the move. I found few famous curses and decided to name my Pokémon after them.

Now, let's start the game! I picked Turtwig as my starter, as it learns Curse at level 17. I named him Kennedy, after Kennedy Curse - which is a term for a series of deaths and calamities involving members of the American Kennedy family. I could catch Bidoof, but I used it recently, so I only caught it as HM Slave. I continued up to the Oreburgh City and Oreburgh Mine, where I caught Onix. It learns Curse at level 38, so it will take a while. His name is Gillette, after Gillette Curse - given the mishaps that happen to sports stars which are associated with the brand, most notably Tiger Woods, Thierry Henry and David Beckham.

Oreburgh Gym was easy. There were no problems and I swept Roark's team with Turtwig.

Few Routes later, I stop at Eterna Forest, caught Gastly, this time Female, so I picked name Pele for her. Pele's curse is tied to Hawaii, but I don't think I'll use any Alola Pokémon in Sinnoh, so I just went with 1st Female for it. With the advantage of ultimate healing I grinded few levels and finally went to challenge Gardenia. I was quite confident in beating her, but I had pretty bad RNG, resulting in my Pokémon being paralyzed too often and her Pokémon always hitting mine when confused. I almost beat her. Her Roserade was on red HP and it could be over, if only she hit herself. But she was able to use Magical Leaf and take down Gastly, resulting in my lost.

So I immediately went back, this time using strategy! I set Stealth Rock with Onix, let it faint against her Turtwig and then used my Grotle. And set my +6 to Attack and Defense via Curse! Yay! Extremely slow, but hitting hard, I was able to beat Gardenia.

Team

grotle.png

Kennedy, Mild Male Grotle
lvl 23, Overgrow
- Razor Leaf
- Curse
- Tackle
- Bite

onix.png

Gillette, Lonely Male Onix
lvl 21, Sturdy
- Tackle
- Harden
- Rock Tomb
- Stealth Rock

gastly.png

Pele, Adamant Female Gastly
lvl 21, Levitate
- Lick
- Confuse Ray
- Mean Look
- Curse

Last edited:

Sorvete

Novice
Years
Monoletter Challenge
Pokémon Heart Gold
unown-m.png

Part 1 - Vegansaurus

I finally started the first challenge from my Johto column! I chose to do Monoletter first because the other two seem too tiring.

The letter I chose was M, and by that, you can probably already guess which Pokémon I'll be using, since there's not much in the Johto Pokédex that starts with that. What I can tell you is: I will need to solo the first few gyms with my starter, because the team I'm planning is quite late available.

The starter was of course Chikorita. I gave this leafsaurus its chance. Chikorita doesn't start with M, but its final form, Meganium, does. I decided against naming my Pokémon this time around because I thought this would ruin the essence of the challenge, I dunno.

This challenge will also be fully recorded! Well, not really. But the gym battles and champion and such will. I'll post the fights along with my updates, in case anyone's actually interested in watching.

Falkner - Battle Video:
Spoiler:

Anyways, to the game. The first actual major battle here is Falkner, and his Pokémon have an obvious advantage against my Grass type. Fortunately, the only thing he has that stand a chance against me is Gust, and that's not that great of a move, especially for the Pidgey line. The battle wasn't hard, just full of healing spam in both sides.

Bugsy - Battle Video:
Spoiler:

Bugsy's battle was actually really annoying, as you would expect. The strategy I came up with was to raise Bayleef's defense with an X Defend and Reflect, and then Poisoning his Scyther. But every time I used those defense moves he used Leer. I thought it was time to change strategies, but a Razor Leaf crit right at the end saved my night. I love those raised critical hits ratios!

I'll stop for now because it's really late and I just decided to make an update now. Here's my current """"""Team"""""".

Team

bayleef.png

Bayleef | Naughty nature | Overgrow
Lv. 23 @ Miracle Seed
Razor Leaf
Synthesis
Reflect
PoisonPowder

Last edited:
Years
Username: OverlordGMSC
Bingo Type: 7x7
This seems really cool and gives me a bit to do :3
Here you go. If there are any problems, let me know:

Nick: OverlordGMSC

Kanto
The In-Order Challenge
The Culinary Challenge
Trio-Species Challenge
Scramble
NFE Team
Love at First Sight
Rocket Challenge

Johto
Monoletter
Retrograde
Unusual Sighting (take The Character Challenge if you can't randomize)
Type Link
The In-Order Challenge
Pick-A-Route
Stone Alone

Hoenn
NFE Team
Pick-A-Route
Scramble
Love at First Sight
Solo Run
Elite Mash Up
Rainbow Road

Sinnoh
Stone Alone
Duo-Species Challenge
Gift Challenge
Solo Run
Highest Stat DEF
Unusual Sighting (take Space Nerds Challenge if you can't randomize)

Unova
The In-Order Challenge
Monocolour
Signature Move
Monoletter
Elite Mash Up
Retrograde

Kalos
Stone Alone
Flair of Flare Challenge
Gift Challenge
Monotype
The Champion Challenge
Monocolour

Alola
Type Link
Unusual Sighting (take Hit the Gym if you can't randomize)
What's Your Sign?
Z-moves Challenge
Rainbow Road
NFE Team

Years
Kimbo's BINGO Challenge
Challenge #1: Kanto Gift Challenge- Pokemon Red
Part 2

Spoiler:

TEAM

venusaur.png

HERB the Venusaur
Level 36
Razor Leaf
Body Slam
Leech Seed
Poison Powder
farfetchd.png

DUX the Farfetch'd
Level 36
Peck
Fury Attack
Swords Dance
Agility
flareon.png

CINDY the Flareon
Level 28
Quick Attack
Tackle
Sand Attack

Years

Signature Move CURSE in Pokémon Platinum

torterra.png
onix.png
gengar.png
lickilicky.png
chimecho.png

PART 2

Well, it's time to update. It has been a while since the last update, mostly because I spent eternity in Solaceon Town. Why? I'll get to that later.

So I had to beat Fantina first. If I remember the fight correctly, steamrolled Duskull and then set up +6 Curse on Grotle. Mismagius was rather easy with this boost. And so was Barry's fight right after this. I think I've used the same strategy and even Gastly's own Curse to beat Barry's Monferno quickly.

And after that I finally got to Solaceon Town. I was looking for this town for one reason: Day Care. There aren't many Pokémon that can learn Curse naturally in Platinum, so I have to breed some. And luckily I have right Pokémon to do so. I quickly went to Route 215 to catch Lickitung, then realized I don't have Pokéballs, so had to make another round to Solaceon Town and back to Route 215. After a while I finally got female Lickitung and started breeding. My 1st ever breeding in Gen IV. And the result is Braganzas. Named after the Curse of the Braganzas. Now, for another member of my team - Chimecho. This was a little bit harder. First I had to find both male and female Chingling in Mt. Coronet, raise them to Chimecho, then breed the male one with Pele to get male Gastly, level it up to level 17 so it can learn Curse and then breed it with female Chimecho to finally get Loathly. Named after Loathly Lady. That's all the breeding for now.

And so I grinded on the way to Veilstone City. Few of my Pokémon evolved and I challenged local Gym. Loathly was my ace against Maylene and I beat her with little help from Kennedy. I continued to Pastoria City and was sure I can beat Crasher Wake just with Kennedy, but then I almost wiped on Gyrarados and its Waterfall flinches. Crasher Wake sent Floatzel as his 2nd Pokémon and I was prepared to beat him. But his Floatzel used Ice Fang and took down Kennedy in 1 hit. It took me another 3 attempts and a lot of luck to beat Gyarados before it can tear my team apart and then put Floatzel to sleep just for enough turns for Kennedy to beat it. Quagsire was just a pushover. And with this win I saved the game.

Team

torterra.png

Kennedy, Mild Male Torterra
lvl 38, Overgrow
- Razor Leaf
- Curse
- Leech Seed
- Earthquake

onix.png

Gillette, Lonely Male Onix
lvl 38, Sturdy
- Curse