Astinus

Age 32
Male
Seen September 20th, 2018
Posted September 10th, 2018
10,107 posts
13.1 Years
Put me down for Sun as my Generation 7 game for the Ultimate Challenge, please!

--

It's been...a year since I last posted here? And two years since I last posted an update about my Blue Nuzlocke? Now that I cleared out more games from my backlog, it's time to concentrate on the Ultimate Nuzlocke Challenge and get through all these games. Still have to buy X, though!

So we're going back to the very beginning with Blue. As I said, it's been two years since I last played it, so I decided to just start fresh with a better plan in mind. Named myself Hunter, the rival Gary, and my naming theme for the Pokemon is philosophers of religion (it was someone else's choice for me). Additional rules are:
-nickname all Pokemon
-level limit is set to each Gym Leader's highest-level Pokemon
-only five duplicate encounters for each route before I lose the encounter for that area
-game is over when I black out, even if there are Pokemon in the PC
-five healing item limit in battle

Update:
Started off with Charmander (Friedrich), since my trainer ID ends with five. Out on Route 1, I caught a Pidgey (Paquda), and grinded out a few levels for it. Once Paquda was leveled enough, I headed up to Route 2 to see what I could catch there. Found a Caterpie (Cardoso) and now have to level it up next.

Team:
Spoiler:

Friedrich: Lv. 8
-Scratch
-Growl

Paquda: Lv. 7
-Gust
-Sand-Attack

Cardoso: Lv. 4
-Tackle
-String Shot
"Now the trumpet summons us again--
not as a call to bear arms, though arms we need--
not as a call to battle, though embattled we are--
but a call to bear the burden of a long twilight struggle, year in and year out."