• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Which ORAS Story Do You Prefer?

Which ORAS Story Do You Prefer?

• Omega Ruby

Votes: 8 57.1%
  • Alpha Sapphire

Votes: 6 42.9%

• Total voters
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Nov 21, 2017
Do you prefer Team Magma with Groudon as the focus in Omega Ruby or Team Aqua with Kyogre in Alpha Sapphire?

Ida13

Gone For a While
Years
  • Age 20
  • Seen Dec 6, 2017
I like Omega Ruby, but the one thing I don't like is how Palkia is in it, not Dialga, the one I prefer.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Nov 21, 2017
The stories are kinda exactly the same though, just with the roles of the two teams reversed and you battle/catch the other legendary instead....

The team motives are different. Magma wants to extend land, only wishing to secure humanity's future.
Team Aqua wants to extend water to secure the Pokemons' future.
One considers humans more important. The other considers Pokemon more important.

Omega Ruby has Magma being the big villain, & Groudon being the fierce beast to stop.
Alpha Sapphire has Team Aqua as the stronger team & Kyogre is unleashed.

So you gotta consider which team you wanna punish more & how...
Fight them, take their money, & stop their legendary?
Or don't focus on them, so they're weaker & the legendary they don't want is unleashed.

Last edited by a moderator:
Years
  • Age 122
  • Seen Jan 27, 2019
There's not a big difference in story. Both teams are kind of idiotic people that can't be content with how the natural geography is, so I don't really prefer either.

Years
  • Seen Jan 1, 2023
i might be biased because sapphire was my first game... but i always thought that it was way more outrageous to be a team bent on expanding the ocean considering the ocean is already fucking huge

Years
Omega Ruby has the version exclusives that most please me. I prefer Groudon to Kyogre, Reshiram to Zekrom, Ho-oh to Lucia etc. I would argue that Groudon is not only better as a Pokemon, mainly because Desolate Land helps him more than Primordial Sea helps Kyogre, but that he is a more imposing threat story-wise.

Kyogre is phenomenal, but the thought of being slowly burnt alive is even more terrifying to me than drowning at sea. I also think Groudon is a more unique creation, we have many great variations on sea monsters, and Kyogre is one of my favorite designs yet I don't think we've seen anything quite like Groudon.

It also helps that I am a big fan of the 6th Pokemon movie: Jirachi Wishmaker, and like the way they depicted Groudon and illusions of him in that film, so capturing Groudon in RSE and Oras always meant more to me.

.Eclipseon.

Ascensionverse Author
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Apr 13, 2024
I have to agree with miragespot, honestly. Emerald had a stronger storyline than any of the four related games because it showed both teams having flawed but good-intentioned motives - I would have rathered have a single Delta Emerald remake over OR/AS combined.

Years
Ruby was my game of choice back in the day as Groudon is my preferred legendary of the two box legends so that will always have influenced my choice but I do feel that OR has the more pressingly evil villains so therefore a more exciting story.

Back