• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Seven-Day Seven-K

Shrike Flamestar

The Invisible!
Years
Keep in mind that you don't have to follow the prompt, it's just a suggestion. I certainly didn't have fire in mind when I wrote my entry for the first week, although I did end up putting fire in one part.

If you do want to follow it, keep in mind the different definitions. There's boiling as in a liquid changing to a gas state, boiling as an "boiling with anger," boils as in the nasty skin inflammation, boiling as in a way to prepare food, the food itself after being boiled, and so on.

As for this prompt, you're a girl after my own heart, aren't you Val? I could have so much fun with "boil" but unfortunately I'm still not ready to enter again.

JX Valentine

Your aquatic overlord
Years
Can I use an idea that I've already started before if I write from scratch?

So long as not a word of it has been written before this week, go for it.

Boil? what is this i dont even.

I might have to sit this one out, my mental state hasn't been the best, and well, the prompt boil has me in a deadlock.

Shrike's on the money here. The prompt is really more for those of us who have complete writer's block and/or want to play this game like it was the FFC we used to have around here. Shortly put, the prompt is actually optional; it's not at all required to follow it. In fact, if you're working with another prompt set (like from an LJ challenge comm) and would rather run through a week or two with it instead, by all means, go for it.

But yeah, don't be intimidated by the fact that the prompt for this week is "boil." It's just there for the ones who would otherwise write about zombie love... atop a cherry sundae dripping with melancholy chocolate. Because anything to get to that seven-thousand mark helps. (So does, if anyone's curious, slight carbon monoxide poisoning.)

As for this prompt, you're a girl after my own heart, aren't you Val?

♥ Alas, someone else has dibs on half of my bed, if you know what I mean.

JX Valentine

Your aquatic overlord
Years
If I decide to write a script, do I write 3 pages a day, or 1000 words a day?

Daily word counts are completely up to the writer, regardless of the style they're using, so long as the total equals at least seven thousand words.

Also, as another heads up (which you probably already know about, but I'm just restating for the sake of doing my duty to discourage people from enticing Asty to go on a bloody rampage through the forum), remember to read the forum rules concerning scripts.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Nov 13, 2009
I don't think it's well written, but it's more than dialog.

It's just that Script Frenzy is 100 pages instead of 50k words. That's all.

JX Valentine

Your aquatic overlord
Years
It's just that Script Frenzy is 100 pages instead of 50k words. That's all.

Yeah, it is, but I figured it'd just be simpler to keep the rules down to pretty much a word count. Alternatively, I could go with keeping it prose (short stories or chaptered fics) only, but I'd like to see how you do with writing a script for it first before deciding.

ANARCHit3cht

Call me Archie!
Years
  • Seen Sep 25, 2020
Ima sit this one out... I got no ideas, Im just gonna get an idea for next time.

Misheard Whisper

[b][color=#FF0000]I[/color] [color=#FF7F00]also[/c
Years
Currently sitting at 3185 words after one days' work. Sitting down to write some more now. The further ahead of this I am, the happier I'll be! The prompt will feature, but you'll have to read carefully in order to get it!

{Swan}

I Never Asked For This.
Years
I'm down to 712 words. This really sin't so hard. I worked all day so I couldn't really start writing until late though..

JX Valentine

Your aquatic overlord
Years
Aaaaand time! Congrats to Sparkling Dragon for this week. Sorry to Dutchesse, but your fic fell roughly 1000 words short before the deadline. It's still good, though, and if you'd like to finish it, go for it.

Also, the new prompt is up on time this week. I decided to be cheesy.

Misheard Whisper

Years
It's alright. I'm actually in bed right now, so headdesking doesn't hurt as much as it normally would.

txteclipse

The Last
Years
Tribute, eh? Well. Umm. Aha! Oh wait, no, I started writing that already...

Ah well. I'm still joining this week, I think.

Misheard Whisper

Years
Regrettably, I'm afraid I cannot have as much fun as I thought I would be able to with this wonderful prompt. I've just realised I have two chaptered fics on the go! I'll have to wait.

JX Valentine

Your aquatic overlord
Years
Regrettably, I'm afraid I cannot have as much fun as I thought I would be able to with this wonderful prompt. I've just realised I have two chaptered fics on the go! I'll have to wait.

This is totally not my excuse for why I haven't participated in my own writing challenge for the first three rounds.

Which is to say, totally okay. Wilt thou be participating in future rounds?

Misheard Whisper

Years
Absolutely. It's just that these next couple of weeks, I have holidays, so I'm gonna do as much chapter-writing as I can. After that, I'm slowing down to one chapter a week due to school. I should be able to do a 7K fic and a 3K chapter in one week, easy. All 7day entries will now be tie-ins to Shattered or Spliced, mostly Shattered. So don't worry, I'm still in.

JX Valentine

Your aquatic overlord
Years
As a reminder to everyone, the 7 Day, 7 K challenge begins today. Get crackin'!

I might actually participate this week. But then again, I say that every week and fail miserably. But I have ideas this time!

Back