• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ruby hack: Pokémon Pure Gold

hectord25

It's so Dark here
Years
  • Seen Jul 14, 2016
Hey man,i`ve played this,and it`s and awesona hack and remake,i`ll wait a beta,but i can`t.Haha,you`ve made a good job.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Aug 20, 2017
Good job zodiac I really like the idea so far.
Another GSC remake that goes into the hall of fame ;p
Anyway You're a great rom hacker and you really worked hard on it bravo.

Mew~

THE HOST IS BROKEN
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Apr 13, 2016
t was the point in using ruby to do this? youve turned it into firered O.O

ZodiacDaGreat

Working on a Mobile System
Years
Well, that's one of arguments in favor of Ruby. But now that custom RTC's has been made the one on Ruby sucks :P So, I'll find the time to remove it in the future and add my own with features such as Day Light Savings :D

Anyway, I guess the main reason why I used Ruby is because I liked it and I wanted it to be like Fire Red, a lot of you didn't know that when I joined the hacking scene all you see is Fire Red hacks. Making a Ruby like Fire Red is quite a challenge indeed ;)

Years
  • Seen Dec 9, 2023
Well, that's one of arguments in favor of Ruby. But now that custom RTC's has been made the one on Ruby sucks :P So, I'll find the time to remove it in the future and add my own with features such as Day Light Savings :D

Anyway, I guess the main reason why I used Ruby is because I liked it and I wanted it to be like Fire Red, a lot of you didn't know that when I joined the hacking scene all you see is Fire Red hacks. Making a Ruby like Fire Red is quite a challenge indeed ;)

Think of it this way, Ruby has:
*Eevee can evolve in to Espeon & Umbreon
*Golbat and Chansey can actually evolve (before fighting Elite 4)
*You can actually breed Pokemon (before fighting Elite 4)
*A much better PokeDex system (FR/LG is too cluttered)
*Lots of Free Space
*An actual Battle Tower (Frontier in Emerald :P)
*Mach Bike (the bike in FR/LG is basically the slow Acro Bike :/ )
*POKENAV!!!!!!!!!!!
*A LOT more map data, since most hacks don't really use Secret Bases
*More music for different Trainer Classes (for instance, Team Magma/Aqua Grunts have unique music, unlike Team Rocket in FR/LG)
*More music in general (Even MORE in Emerald)

What does FR/LG have? Well:
*Four World maps

Yep, that's pretty much the only advantage in choosing FR/LG over R/S/E. I still don't see why many people hack FireRed, hacking Ruby or Emerald seems more ideal to me.

Zodiac, is there any particular reason why you choose Ruby over Emerald? Because I'm assuming that the Battle Tower will be in this game, but the R/S Battle Tower only has Pokemon in the Hoenn Dex. If you choose Emerald, you can have an entire Battle Frontier, and Pokemon sprite animations in battle, and when you battle a Team Aqua/Magma Grunt, the team logo appears, which can be hacked into a Rocket logo to make it even more epic. I know it's too late to switch now, but I'm just wondering why Ruby was chosen over Emerald.

mattman324

Run to the hills, run for your lives!
Years
Mach Bike (the bike in FR/LG is basically the slow Acro Bike :/ )

Hey, don't be dissin' the Acro Bike! (Although without tricks, it really is lame, but it makes for easy Latias/os catching with them.)

Oh, and a lot of tools don't work for Emerald, but work for Ruby. And if you really tried, you could probubly put the Battle Frontier in Ruby.

Years
  • Seen Sep 16, 2018
Is it just me or is the day/night system not working? Great hack btw!

Edit: i got to Cherrygrove City (which is the end?) talked to the old man and then talked to some guy and he led me out into the ocean!

htt p://i48.tinypic.com/2i9ikck.png

Last edited:

ZodiacDaGreat

Years
@ AztecFire - Mostly because of free space issues as I was still nooby when I started of. Emerald's a bit too advanced :P

@ mattman324 - I'll have to hack the battle tower stuff then ^^ By the way, nowadays almost all tools support Emerald - the english version, I haven't came across any that doesn't XD

@ angrybanana5000 - I have no idea what you did... :( Could you tell me the steps to reproduce that? Anyway, the Day Night isn't there because I haven't added it.

Years
  • Seen Sep 16, 2018
@ angrybanana5000 - I have no idea what you did... :( Could you tell me the steps to reproduce that?

I walked into Cherrygrove talked to the old man and he lead me around and gave me the map. Then I walked to where the route to the next town should have been and talked to the guy that was standing there and he lead me around like the old man.

ShadowForce_G

Endless learning...
Years
Edit: i got to Cherrygrove City (which is the end?) talked to the old man and then talked to some guy and he led me out into the ocean!
Spoiler:
Me too... This is a bug,
EDIT: ZodiacDaGreat has fixed it...

I hope this hack will finish...
Don't stop, ZodiacDaGreat.

Last edited:

ZodiacDaGreat

Years
Okay, I get how that happened. It's all because that person shared the same person id as the guide gent. Anyway it's fix. Thanks angrybanana5000.

ZodiacDaGreat

Years
Update: I've added a video below of Pure Gold's titlescreen - The first animated sprite titlescreen in the advance generation games :) If anyone's generous feel free to upload it on YouTube and give me the link so I can add it to the first post. Either than that, feedback regarding the titlescreen is highly appreciated. I'd like to thank interdpth and Mastermind_X here, for inspiration, tips and hints. D-Trogh sure helped me with editing the logo :)

Last edited:

hectord25

It's so Dark here
Years
  • Seen Jul 14, 2016
I have a question,will you use heartgold/soulsilver sprites?or the heartgold remixes(music)?or you`ll create your own
stuff for this game?
Edit:I uploaded your title screen video to youtube,here`s the link:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0HBepJsA1Ho

Last edited:

ZodiacDaGreat

Years
angrybanana5000 said:
Any ETA on the beta? Nice title screen btw.
No, I do not give release date. You'll see a beta when it's released, its as simple as that. Currently, with Pure Gold.. Once I get the PokéGear done, then I'm one step closer to releasing it ^^ So, be patient.

hectord25

It's so Dark here
Years
  • Seen Jul 14, 2016
No, I do not give release date. You'll see a beta when it's released, its as simple as that. Currently, with Pure Gold.. Once I get the PokéGear done, then I'm one step closer to releasing it ^^ So, be patient.
You`ll import the pokegear?I can`t believe it...
I can`t wait the beta,so,luck with this hack,you`re an awesone romhacker.

Years
  • Seen Dec 10, 2021
Congrats, it made it to the showcase!
I haven't played the alpha, I'm waitng for the beta!
Good luck.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Sep 7, 2023
The Ho-oh animation is a bit too fast, and a bit plain... Would it be possible to add some movement (instead of just alternating the sprites), and slow it down a little?
I'd also recommend you get a custom Ho-oh sprite, rather than using the in-game one. Maybe you could get one where the animation makes it look like it's flying?

Also, could you move the selection window in the bank system to the bottom right? When it's at the top middle, it looks like it's in the way...

I might be able to help with sprites, if I have some free time...

Back