• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen "Official Download" Discussion

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
I'm curious how they work, but being reminded of this, I have to make sure I get a group trained. Might have to import one or two from Black (already in the 70s) for this tournament. I believe they get scaled back to 50, yes? No need to train to maximum?

Cyclone

masaru3

Chespin, I choose you!
Years
@CycloneGu, no you only have to train the pokémon to level 50. Higher than that will be reduced (for the length of the tournament) to level 50. Lower than that will remain with their levels.
Let's say you didn't train you Alakazam enough and left it at level 41, it will remain at level 41 :P

There is a new Wi-Fi event. There will be, soon! It's a Keldeo at level 50, for the english/european games. I'm not sure if this is the place to share this piece of information. I saw it on serebii :)

Camisado

a therapeutic chain of events
Years
Man, I really want to get involved in the tournaments! I don't think my in-game team is suitable for competitive battling yet, though... my Platinum team was the best! Maybe I should recreate it or transfer it over to White 2.

I'm sorry if this isn't the right place to ask this, but on the matter of the Lightningrod Pikachu, has anyone in the UK or Germany considered speaking to Nintendo of Europe customer support and asking if we can be given a code for being what I believe to be loyal customers?! I've seen in other places online that people have spoken to Amazon UK, who have gone "lol nope", so wondered if NoE would have a different opinion... it's certainly not fair! I won't be buying a second copy of the game for a Pikachu, but at the same time, I feel cheated...

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
Just opened W2 today and did a random check for gifts. There is now an official North America Keldeo available for download on Nintendo WFC. You can get this even if you claimed one for B/W in the past from EB/Gamestop.

Sad it's not a Meloetta, but hopefully it's around the corner!

Cyclone

Jigglymilk

Night Of The Final Day
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 12, 2016
I got my Keldeo! I LOVE IT!!! <3 But I am curious how to change it's form? Hopefully Meloetta is next :P Or Victini!

Years
  • Seen Mar 29, 2015
I got my Keldeo! I LOVE IT!!! <3 But I am curious how to change it's form? Hopefully Meloetta is next :P Or Victini!

You'll need to take Keldeo to the Pledge Grove, north of Floccesy Town. The path to the grove is north of Alder's home, though it's a pretty narrow path. You then need to examine the huge stone with those three big slash imprints (for a lack of a better term) with Keldeo in your party.

Also, I'm wishing for a Meloetta event like you are, not so much Victini, however...

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
I got my Keldeo for both Black 2 and White 2 today, but I wonder if it still works on BW1 games.
Are you inquiring on whether you can trade it there? But of course. It's not like you trade it then send it out for battle...and it doesn't emerge.

Cyclone

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
Years
Are you inquiring on whether you can trade it there? But of course. It's not like you trade it then send it out for battle...and it doesn't emerge.

Cyclone

I mean is it possible to obtain Keldeo from this Wi-Fi event with BW1, even though you already obtain one from the previous event?

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
I mean is it possible to obtain Keldeo from this Wi-Fi event with BW1, even though you already obtain one from the previous event?

No, Keldeo can only be downloaded for B2W2. It would have listed all the Gen 5 games if it were downloadable for all four of them.

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
No, Keldeo can only be downloaded for B2W2. It would have listed all the Gen 5 games if it were downloadable for all four of them.
Not necessarily. Remember the first Keldeo? For B/W? Go look at that Wonder Card. It says B2/W2, which weren't even RELEASED yet at the time.

Cyclone

QuickSilveri

Veteran
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Feb 17, 2017
First event pokemon since the TRU Arceus event. glad i can do this one from home

Regards, Chris

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
Not necessarily. Remember the first Keldeo? For B/W? Go look at that Wonder Card. It says B2/W2, which weren't even RELEASED yet at the time.

Cyclone

Keldeo for B/W was advertised for Black and White only on main site, poster, and the commercial. Its Wonder Card said you could send it to B2W2, not that it was for B2W2.

This current one says specifically that it can only be downloaded on Black 2 and White 2.

Years
  • Seen Aug 27, 2013
i just tried to gret my keldeo on black 2 but it said no gifts available. it was suppost to be until the 4th but it's only the first whats going on

Years
  • Seen Mar 29, 2015
Well, I just happened to check Serebii.net, & found out that Meloetta is finally going to be distributed in GameStop stores in the US, starting March 4, & lasts until the 24th of March. It's for all Gen V games.

There will also be one for Canada, being distributed through EB Games, starting at March 9th. End date for the Canadian event is unknown.

Guess we'll be getting Meloetta after all. Rejoice!

roosterman

Freaking annoying!
Years
Well, I just happened to check Serebii.net, & found out that Meloetta is finally going to be distributed in GameStop stores in the US, starting March 4, & lasts until the 24th of March. It's for all Gen V games.

There will also be one for Canada, being distributed through EB Games, starting at March 9th. End date for the Canadian event is unknown.

Guess we'll be getting Meloetta after all. Rejoice!

just wanted to warn a few people, i saw that first thing this morning and took the perilous 6.13 mile journey to gamestop on my bike. it turns out they didn't know about it yet and didn't have it even though they had keldeo. you may want to call ahead or wait a few days until your local game stop actually finds out about it.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
just wanted to warn a few people, i saw that first thing this morning and took the perilous 6.13 mile journey to gamestop on my bike. it turns out they didn't know about it yet and didn't have it even though they had keldeo. you may want to call ahead or wait a few days until your local game stop actually finds out about it.

It specifically states March 4th on Serebii, Pokejungle, Bulbapedia, and Pokemon.com. We are still in February. We still have a whole month before its active.

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
Years
Well it's about time that Meloetta is getting an event in the U.S. even after the end of its arc in the English dub. Looks like they're trying to get every Gen V event out of the way quickly, learning from their mistakes for not sending the Arceus event and Capsule event from Gen IV, in preparations for XY.

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
That means it'll be EB carrying it here in Canada...

I still question why they took so damn long in the first place. They know other countries had it with the 15th movie, right?

Also, don't understand why we start five days later.

Cyclone

roosterman

Freaking annoying!
Years
It specifically states March 4th on Serebii, Pokejungle, Bulbapedia, and Pokemon.com. We are still in February. We still have a whole month before its active.

aw man, whoever was in charge of posting that was totally posting it on the 4th on purpose just so people would miss the first number and run over to gamestop and look stupid. XD
oh well, i was kind of disappointed that no one else was there but now i guess there still could be some pokemon fans in my area. i'll just go again next month and see.

Back