• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Game Demo Discussion/Speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.

SkyRyder

'That Guy'
Years
Now that the games are nearing release, it's been announced that there will be a playable demo this upcoming weekend in Japan on the 17th and 18th, the 20th and 21st, the 24th and 25th, and the 31st and the 1st of September. There will even be a demo in Gamescom over in Germany next week. Who knows if this will be the same demo, and that it's just spread across more areas as time goes on, but I think it's a good time to speculate what the demo will present.

It's been stated that the demo will focus upon Mega Evolution, but like all Pokemon demos, more things will be discovered than just more Mega evolutions. In Black/White's demo, there have been newer Pokemon discovered, as with Diamond/Pearl's demo.

What do you think the demo will showcase? Obviously mega evolutions, but perhaps new ones? What about new Pokemon? New evolutions that aren't mega? Perhaps new areas? Anything else relevant?

I'll update the thread and this post when the demo comes, and if there's anything relevant that is shown.

blue

gucci
Years
I'm hoping to see new areas, new Pokémon and new Mega evolutions, they're the three main aspects of the game I'm expecting to hear about.

Years
  • Seen Mar 13, 2014
Will this be a downloadable demo through the 3DS eShop for Japan? And will it hit the US?

SkyRyder

'That Guy'
Years
Will this be a downloadable demo through the 3DS eShop for Japan? And will it hit the US?

From what I've heard, the upcoming demo this week will be at a Pokemon Game Show in Japan. As for the releases after, it's said to be located in the Aeon Malls in various parts of Japan. Nothing has been said for the US, but I'm sure we will be getting one. We got one a month prior to the English release of Black/White.

Years
Someone should try to catch a Fairy type and find out what its weaknesses are/aren't by allowing different type attacks to hit it in battle (you shouldn't aim to win the wild battles just get hit by as many different type of moves as possible).

Years
Someone should try to catch a Fairy type and find out what its weaknesses are/aren't by allowing different type attacks to hit it in battle (you shouldn't aim to win the wild battles just get hit by as many different type of moves as possible).

This is pretty unnecessary considering we will be getting a type chart in September and we most likely won't have access to every single type in the demos.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
I hope the demo gives the player an opportunity to see what the starter evolutions look like. (Just the 2nd stage)
Other then that I have no idea what to expect. Never been around this forum or leak sites to see these demos in action in prior gens.
Me too. I'm hoping that the demo can go on that long for one to evolve them.

blue

gucci
Years
Yeah, we're getting the full Fairy type chart in next month's issue of CoroCoro which will be about 11/12/13th September. As for the Demo I think there will be only restricted gameplay in which players can use specific Mega Evolution Pokémon to battle and that's pretty much all there will be available to do.

SkyRyder

'That Guy'
Years
What I imagine will happen is that if they do plan on giving us a random starter like in the B/W demo, it will be at a ridiculously high level, to the point where we can't level it up, no matter how quickly we grind in the grass. Normally these demos have a set time limit, so there's that predicament.

It would be nice to get a small insight on Fairy-type's weaknesses/strengths. I know I can wait until September for the full list, but a couple subtle hints wouldn't hurt. I made my own prediction of the type chart regarding Fairy over on another thread, so any chance I can get with matching my speculation with an affirmation would be appreciated.

Years
To those of you whom have played through a demo in the past...

Were you able to catch other pokemon and evolve them within the constraints so we can at least see evolutions for weaker pokemon. (The regional rodent for example.)

Jake♫

► My Happy Little Pill 
Years
I'm definitely hoping for some new areas to be featured. Although we've seen the region map, would still don't know a lot about Kalos as a region. I'd like to see some new areas be fleshed out so we can get a better handle on the region.

Years
I'm definitely hoping for some new areas to be featured. Although we've seen the region map, we still don't know a lot about Kalos as a region. I'd like to see some new areas be fleshed out so we can get a better handle on the region.
Same here. I'll like to see the starting town...I don't think we even know it's name yet or do we?

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
I don't think we'll get any footage. They are more strict about video surveillance this go round than they ever have been. So I doubt we'll really see any real proof.

If anything we'll get a ton of he said she said posts.

I think there may be a time limit placed on the game to allow multiple people to play it so many of them may not even get far. We may have it story locked to the point sometime after getting close to starting the first badge which really won't give us much of anything other than first route Pokemon.

Years
I don't think we'll get any footage. They are more strict about video surveillance this go round than they ever have been. So I doubt we'll really see any real proof.

If anything we'll get a ton of he said she said posts.

I think there may be a time limit placed on the game to allow multiple people to play it so many of them may not even get far. We may have it story locked to the point sometime after getting close to starting the first badge which really won't give us much of anything other than first route Pokemon.

You're probably right about the footage. However, some reputable people will likely be at an event, such as Melkor, Hiro, a Serebii rep, ect. We might at least get some sketches as well as solid information that would hopefully dispel or corroborate the he-said-she-said posts.

SolarAbusoru

Go Go PokéRangers
Years
Same here. I'll like to see the starting town...I don't think we even know it's name yet or do we?

Um, Magma, the starting town is Vaniville...it's been up on the official site for months now.

Also, I believe Gamescom and Tokyo will have the same demo, both focusing on the Mega Pokémon.
Luckily I'm going to Gamescom, so I'll be able to see =P
And get some footage, Gamescom is the gaming convention for the public, so we'll be allowed to record footage.
(might not be be good quality though, my videocam has the quality of a potato.)

blue

gucci
Years
Then again, I suppose a demo is a good way to reveal new aspects of the game with so limited time and sources.

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
Lucky Japan. They always get to try things early. xD How would you be able to get your hands on these demo, though? From the eShop?

Anyway, I think that the demo will give us a chance to try out the new features, such as Mega Evolution, horde battles, sky battles, and the Pokémon-Amie. They may also use the demo to showcase a few Pokémon that hasn't been announced yet.

Years
Um, Magma, the starting town is Vaniville...it's been up on the official site for months now.

Also, I believe Gamescom and Tokyo will have the same demo, both focusing on the Mega Pokémon.
Luckily I'm going to Gamescom, so I'll be able to see =P
And get some footage, Gamescom is the gaming convention for the public, so we'll be allowed to record footage.
(might not be be good quality though, my videocam has the quality of a potato.)

Ah thank you. Towns are one of the things I've apparently have been paying less attention to.

Tbh I only see the Demo covering the first two or three routes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back