• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Beta Reading

Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen yesterday
In general, when looking for a beta reader, keep your eyes open. Some people offer their services to others (like either CWTA,P or myself). Other people might not advertise what they can offer because they don't want to be bogged down in requests, but they are still willing because they want to help their fellow writer grow. And others just review around but don't feel like working with someone on a one-on-one basis. (o_O)

Keep in mind what type of beta reader you want. Some specialize in various aspects of writing. I myself only offer beta services for grammar because that's the only thing I consider myself good at explaining. Others might be able to help you with characters, or plot, or description.

Really, to find a beta, just look for someone with a friendly disposition in their reviews and ask. It's just that simple.

Grovyle42(Griff8416)

No. 1 Grovyle Fan
Years
  • Seen Apr 11, 2023
Ok, thanks.

I'd say my strong points are characters and plot (In most cases)
Weak Spots: Grammar and description. I'm trying to work on description though.

Years
You can contact me anytime and I'll elaborate a detailed review for your chapter/fic when I have the time. Take notice that school and work keep me busy even when I'm online, so I might take longer than most beta-readers here; and I like to take my time to write my reviews/proofreads as accurate and helpful as possible-- diction, description, narration, mechanics and sometimes even hitting originality, plot issues and suggestions.

I also charge a $5 dollar fee on Sundays.

diamondpearl876

you can breathe now. x
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 25, 2022
Hmm. I'd be more than happy to. Just PM me and I should get to you within 24 hours or something.. I have school now, so I don't know how often I'll be on.

Gummy

by fire be P U R G E D
Years
School seems to mess up everyone's lifes...

I'd love to beta read for you, but like the others, school may make my reply come a little late.

Grovyle42(Griff8416)

No. 1 Grovyle Fan
Years
  • Seen Apr 11, 2023
And by beta reading: Do I PM you the chapter? or do I post the chapter and then you review it? (The first makes the most sense but I'm still a little unsure.)

Back